shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach Wedding dress- what is too formal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
One more dress I''m considering- fits well, inexpensive, beachy....but I feel my fiance thinks it''s too "wrinkled". Maybe too plain? My backup dress? It''s nicole miller.

edressme_2048_283251135.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:50:07 AM
Author: ScorpioNYC
One more dress I''m considering- fits well, inexpensive, beachy....but I feel my fiance thinks it''s too ''wrinkled''. Maybe too plain? My backup dress? It''s nicole miller.

Even though it''s a Nicole Miller, I have to agree with your fiance. I think it looks wrinkled and honestly kind of cheap. I think the shiny material makes it less "beachy" than the others.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:16:53 PM
Author: sonnyjane
Date: 4/15/2009 7:50:07 AM

Author: ScorpioNYC

One more dress I''m considering- fits well, inexpensive, beachy....but I feel my fiance thinks it''s too ''wrinkled''. Maybe too plain? My backup dress? It''s nicole miller.

Even though it''s a Nicole Miller, I have to agree with your fiance. I think it looks wrinkled and honestly kind of cheap. I think the shiny material makes it less ''beachy'' than the others.

I actually like that dress and briefly considered it, BUT I showed a picture of it to my fiance and he HATED it! His brother also saw it and thought it was not suitable for a wedding dress. If it were a bit cheaper I''d consider buying it just as a fun dress (non-wedding related).

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of Nicole Miller''s simpler gowns, but just don''t understand the wrinkled look
33.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree that I''m not crazy about the wrinkled look of the NM dress.

If you like the Pronovias but not the price, have you considered inquiring about it thru Lee Philip Bridal? http://www.leephilipbridals.com/home2.html I found it on the Knot. At one point, I considered getting a Pronovias and received a quote from Lee Philip for half the retail price of the dress I liked.

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the help!!
9.gif
I don''t have many female friends (and NONE who are getting married) so I have been shopping with my mom, so it''s good to get other opinions. The NM dress looked way better on than in that photo, but still, I don''t know know if I want to risk looking back on my photos and regretting not wearing something more traditional.
I just have trouble getting into the wedding thing- I never really wanted one and I''m SO not a gushy bride type but again, I don''t want to regret not celebrating my wedding. At least ring shopping was fun!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My favourite is the first dress you posted! I don''t think it''s too formal at all for a DW.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a destination bride, but I watched a beach wedding from the eternity pool last year, and she had a FULL gown. It looked like the sand may be a mess in there - but honestly, she looked so happy. If you love this dress, get it. It''s your day - no one elses... so who cares what anyone else thinks! And on that note - I just rendered my opinion useless haha! Go with your heart!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results