shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Remake Help Plzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!
wavey.gif

I''ve had thoughts of taking the diamond from my necklace, 0.766 ct, H, SI1, ACA from White Flash, and setting it in a ring. I have a very heavy, 18 grams weight, platinum, invisible set (prins and bags) band. I was wondering if a designer could melt/rescuplt the platinum and possibly reuse some of the diamonds to produce a new setting for my diamond?

Anybody got any ideas if this can be done and who might do it?
confused.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ why don't you have it made into a right-hand ring?! That would be awesome!
1.gif
De Beers would be SO PROUD.

(anyone else noticed their heavy marketing campaign on the new right hand ring buzz? i have it in alot of my fashion mags, my girlfriends are all entering their 'win a right hand ring' viral e-marketing campaign and sending me the emails, they have banners and popups on instyle.com, it's STARTING. how long before the tv ads hit I wonder? how long before we forget the world as it was before there ever was a right hand ring? hmmm.....)

Sarcasm aside...I actually am serious about putting your stone into a right hand ring...I think if you designed something it would be really cool.
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/2/2003 2:08:58 PM Mara wrote:

(anyone else noticed their heavy marketing campaign on the new right hand ring buzz? i have it in alot of my fashion mags, my girlfriends are all entering their 'win a right hand ring' viral e-marketing campaign and sending me the emails, they have banners and popups on instyle.com, it's STARTING. how long before the tv ads hit I wonder? how long before we forget the world as it was before there ever was a right hand ring? hmmm.....)

----------------
Of course it's starting--it's Christmas shopping season!
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just have to say that 99% of the De Beers right hand rings (www.adiamondisforever.com) are HIDEOUS. My friends are all saying the same thing...they just tried to choose the least ugly one in the selection for the 'winning'. I only liked two of the rings out of the entire selection. Most of them seemed too big and chunky to be for younger women especially--wonder if DB thinks that only women in their 50's can afford the RHR? If I had the means to get a RHR, I would choose my own stones and have it made custom, now that says 'I've arrived!'.

2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
LOLOL, Mara!
rodent.gif

If I did a ring on the right hand, I'd want a flat one. Right handed here. That's the hand that does all the reaching and snatching!
2.gif

I was kinda hoping with several earth tons worth of platinum to work with and 1.5 carats of princess and baguettes, someone might be able to rework the materials into a neat ring. I have in mind a cathedral style with a half bezel setting.
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh a tension half bezel or similar would be really cool for the right hand ring...flatter and more clean...not in the way...
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/2/2003 2:16:33 PM Mara wrote:

Most of them seemed too big and chunky to be for younger women especially--wonder if DB thinks that only women in their 50's can afford the RHR?

----------------
Indeed, the promotion is aimed--according to De Beers's materials--at "women 35-55 with incomes of $100,000 and up." So your reaction isn't too surprising.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LG, since you are 'in the know', pass it on to 'your contacts' that quite possibly younger women can afford them also (esp since alot of the hideous ones on DB's website are around $2-3k), and even so...a 35 year old woman would not want half of what they have on their site...maybe they should come up with some more modern fun smaller rings that are more appropriate the second design time around! Just a few. Please!
cry.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Lawgem - much preferred the smiling younger man on your previous avatar.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Lawgem - much preferred the smiling younger man on your previous avatar. (I didn't know Ben Afleck had a 5 year old - or did you borrow him?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results