shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Source of Virginia?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone used Diamond Source of Virginia? If so, how was your experience? I''m feeling very lost as to how to get an ideal diamond that I can see in person before I purchase it and not be ripped off. Therefore I''m wondering if this might be a good option. Any opinions?

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
I used Diamond Source of VA and worked with Denny Reinke. He was great to work with. I wanted a cushion and he was willing to call in several for us to look at. Although we did have to pay to bring in the stones. We lived in the DC area at the time so it was an easy drive to Richmond. I would recommend him as we had an easy transaction and did end up buying my cushion from him. Hope that helps!

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
I did a search and there''s a little bit of info here on PS. This link has the most info:

www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=52092

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Linda. Did you have to pay to have them sent in soley because they were cushions? I''m looking for a round brillant, would I have to pay to have the stone sent in? I live in Richmond so it''s an easy drive to see the stones.

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
Treasure,

We wanted to see 3 stones for comparison purposes. The first stone was free, but we had to pay to bring in the other 2. I don''t think shape had anything to do with the cost.

His website now says something about "free" shipping. That would be great but you should probably call to confirm.

The best part for us was getting the opportunity to look at the stones under the microscope, outside in natural light (he went w/ us outside), indoors under the fluro lights. He was also really helpful explaining about features of the stones such as culet, fluorescence, etc. For a novice, I was very appreciative of his time and all the information.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great about being able to compare the stones in all the different settings. Was the cost for the other two stones reasonable?

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
It was around $80 a stone. I don''t know if other places charge, I just thought putting out money for something I might not buy..... Since the stones were not part of his inventory and he had to call them in, he just passed that cost on to us.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
So did he have any stones in his inventory? I guess that makes sense that if he doesn''t have it in his inventory it might cost, but I''m a little hesitant to pay for something I may not buy.

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
He does have stones in his inventory. At the time we were looking, he didn''t have what we wanted but was willing to search for us.

Looks like he has some rounds in his special offers here: http://www.diamondsourceva.com/Diamonds/SpecialOffers/SpecialOffers.asp

bella diamond

Rough_Rock
Hi Treasure,

I came across your post today and I want to pop in and say I used to Diamond Source of Virginia to purchase two sets of diamond earrings one more myself and one for my mom (from my Dad). At the time I was living in Richmond, and I had a wonderful experience with Anne and Denny and their staff. If you ask them to see more than one diamond they are more than happy to show you more, but they really work to get you the best diamond the first time.

Let us know what you decide on. And congrats in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results