shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart Shaped Diamonds?? Cut Q??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Just curious about Heart Shape cut diamonds. I saw a sales clerk sporting Heart shape cut diamond ring the other day. It caught my eye because of the shape. At first I thought it was a trillion cut or an out of whack pear. Then she gave me a close up look and it was a Heart shape cut diamond.

How does the cutter decide to produce a Heart shape? The sales clerk said the center cutout forming the lobes of the heart is where an imperfection had been. "They just cut out the imperfection and make a heart shaped diamond," she said. Not familiar with the cut shape so was curious if she is correct.
rolleyes.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi PQ,

Believe it or not the sales clerk was correct. Heart shapes are not very popular so a diamond cutter does not usually make them when he can make a pear or better yet a round.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Diamond Bob, for the info!
read.gif

I've seen a few Heart shape diamonds but not many. Most of the time, they are used as side stones. This ring had a .75 ct center Heart shape cut diamond. The cutter didn't waste a thing cutting this Heart shape. It was cloudy/milky (like lots of microscopic white inclusions) and there was no sparkle at all. I've seen others that do flash and spark but this one was a dead fish.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
PQ.....HOLY SMOKE....where've ya been?!?!?!?!? It's good to see you. Mara and I were just getting reading to send out the mounties to find you!

wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results