shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you growing old gracefully?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:35:35 PM
Author: MC

Keep in mind gals that we all cannot anticipate what surgeries will be available to us in 20, 40, or 60 years from now. By then, we may all have the option of a whole body transplant. They''ll put our ancient, full-of-life-experienced brains into 20 year old bodies! I''ll take THAT over saggy 80 year old boobies any day.
And for those of you wondering what that ole'' brain surgery I had in January was all about...MC has just blown my cover
2.gif

LS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 6:32:49 PM
Author: Ellen
I think I am, for the most part. I do dye my hair, I don't want to look 60, I'm not even 50 yet (though it hits this year). But no botox, no nips and tucks. And while I'll never be as thin as I want to be, I do watch my weight. I dress appropriately, not too oldish, and definitely not like I'm a young thang.

I too like myself better Maise, I am MUCH more comfortable in my skin now than I was when I was 20. I often joke, it's a shame I can't have THIS attitude with THAT body.
9.gif
39.gif
Me too! I put a lot of effort into looking good but I am not aiming to look 20, just the best I can be regardless of my age, seems to be working ok so far! I would consider maybe a little filler here and there by injection ( not yet though) and maybe lasering on the skin, but I wouldn't try botox or go for invasive surgery. I also keep my face well out of the sun, always have and I use sunscreen religiously. I think that is the reason why I don't have any wrinkles and my face is still firm * crosses fingers*

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:00:51 PM
Author: TravelingGal
It''s the saggy neck skin that gets me. No matter how you''ve manipulated your face to stay young, all that skin pooling by your collarbone is kind of a dead giveaway.
One of my friends had her neck and chin area "lifted." She didn''t have a full-blown face lift (nothing done around her eyes), and I have to say she looks FABULOUS. She lucked out and found a great dr. The only give away is if she pulls her hair back, you can see where the incisions done.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:37:04 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Keep in mind gals that we all cannot anticipate what surgeries will be available to us in 20, 40, or 60 years from now. By then, we may all have the option of a whole body transplant. They''ll put our ancient, full-of-life-experienced brains into 20 year old bodies! I''ll take THAT over saggy 80 year old boobies any day.
And for those of you wondering what that ole'' brain surgery I had in January was all about...MC has just blown my cover
2.gif

LS
LostSapphire - I hope I didn''t offend you. I''m glad you''re doing well.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:58:12 PM

Date: 3/31/2009 4:37:04 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Keep in mind gals that we all cannot anticipate what surgeries will be available to us in 20, 40, or 60 years from now. By then, we may all have the option of a whole body transplant. They'll put our ancient, full-of-life-experienced brains into 20 year old bodies! I'll take THAT over saggy 80 year old boobies any day.
And for those of you wondering what that ole' brain surgery I had in January was all about...MC has just blown my cover
2.gif

LS
LostSapphire - I hope I didn't offend you. I'm glad you're doing well.
NONE taken!!
9.gif

It actually sounds like a great idea, to me anyways.
LS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 4:06:10 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 3/31/2009 4:03:13 PM
Author: Mara
what is all that excess skin from anyway? i know that as we age a lot of times women''s bodies shrink down a little, is it that? because even women who have been thin all their lives have it.
Isn''t it that our skin loses its elasticity, that is why it gets like that.
14.gif
Or at least that is why all those creams claim skin firming effects so we don''t have jiggly slouchy skin.
HI:

Diminsihed collagen production/quality......

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i just tested my hand Linda. still snapping back!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 5:44:50 PM
Author: Mara
lol i just tested my hand Linda. still snapping back!
Me too!

Has anyone else noticed their forehead skin getting thin? Its probably the only thin part on my body!
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I may have wrinkles, gray hairs, sagging and stretch marks but thankfully as my body decays, equally so does my eyesight.

10.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know the secret to appearing young in other people''s eyes? When they ask me how old I am, I say I''m 82. They say, HOT DAMN, you look good!

Seriously, beats me why people like about their age and go younger. When I start feeling like I''m looking old, I''m going to add 10 or 15 years when people ask. The only bummer will be if people say "you look pretty good for your age."
6.gif

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 6:09:31 PM
Author: Steel

I may have wrinkles, gray hairs, sagging and stretch marks but thankfully as my body decays, equally so does my eyesight.

10.gif

and even more thankfully, so does my hubby''s eyesight! His vision is on "automatic airbrush."

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 6:09:31 PM
Author: Steel

10.gif

LMAO

Isn''t that the truth!!! Love this, Steel!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 6:29:00 PM
Author: TravelingGal
You know the secret to appearing young in other people''s eyes? When they ask me how old I am, I say I''m 82. They say, HOT DAMN, you look good!

Seriously, beats me why people like about their age and go younger. When I start feeling like I''m looking old, I''m going to add 10 or 15 years when people ask. The only bummer will be if people say ''you look pretty good for your age.''
6.gif
LMAO, I have a friend who says this all the time too as a joke! lol

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am ok where I am at right now, I am 36. It helps that most people think that I am younger and are truely surprised when I tell my age. I also love that I still get carded every so often
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am way too boring and plan to just accept whatever nature hands me. That''s just my excuse for being too chicken to try anything else.
12.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had any surgeries, and I plan to keep it that way. Heck, I don''t even take medicine. So, I''m really young still (in my opinion) but I plan on aging gracefully.

Also, I cannot WAIT to rock a dignified silver bob, with my jet black eyebrows, and a deep red lipstick pout. I *love* that look. LOVE it.

Gray hair_More magazine onlinepsss.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:10:40 PM
Author: Linda W

Yes, skin looses elasticity. The best test is the top of your hand. Pull the skin. If it snaps back, it is still good. Mine still snaps back, thank god. ha ha ha.

ha ha ha on the elbows Mara. Mine are getting saggy
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
Oooh! Still snappy!
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif
9.gif

And Haven, I too look forward to the day I am "old" enough to stop coloring my hair. What I have now is snow white, not grey at all. I imagine it will look a lot like my moms, who has a beautiful head of hair.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine still snaps - cool!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
it''s really odd that this discussion popped up right now, as I''m dealing with this myself. I''m almost 38 but I feel 50 (not unusual, I always felt older). But now I feel like I look older and am noticing every flaw about myself. I told my husband this is the equivalent of my midlife crisis and he''s going to have to deal with it for a little while I think. :) However, unlike the typical male midlife crisis, I will not be running out buying a sportscar!

I never thought I''d even consider cosmetic surgery, but the older you get, your thoughts on that change. I wouldn''t be opposed to it now if I knew 100% it would look natural. I''ve seen too many bad outcomes to jump on board right now. My dad has genetically droopy eyelids and should really have corrective surgery as it will affect his vision soon (per his eye doctor). He scoffed at the idea but it is a medical fix, not a cosmetic one. He won''t do it. I have the tired eye look and have since I was 10 - thank you genetics. I remember someone telling me I looked like a sad puppy when I was in middle school. Cute when you''re young, not so cute when you''re in your thirties and don''t want to look hungover every day. So I wouldn''t be opposed to a brow lift is what I''m sayin!

I try to exercise and keep my weight at a reasonable level which is a constant struggle. It can take 2 weeks to lose 2 pounds and one day to put it back on, I swear. It''s crazy. As a teengaer I could eat anything I wanted and not worry about it. Now, not at all.

Oh, as they say, getting old ain''t for sissies! My 92 year old aunt used to have a framed saying of that in her living room and I used to giggle when I visited her and read it. She used to say it was very true!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel that my face matches my age. I am a mother to 5 kids, the eldest is 19 next week. I want to look appropriate to my age. I don''t like that my upper eyelids are drooping a bit. My mother''s are really droopy and I think she could probably have them fixed for medical reasons. If I get to the point where mine are affecting my eyesight I would have them done. I don''t want to keep bumping into things because I can''t see where I am going!
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I hadn''t read this thread since my first post near the top of page one. Linda, you''ve had me laughing my bottom off this morning with your "loose as a goose" comment, and boy did I need a giggle - thank you.

But then, not two minutes later, you''ve got me paranoid about the skin on the back of my hand. I''m definitely not in the snap back category - snappish I would say!

I''ve never done the tanning thing, although I am outside all day everyday in the summer. Fortunately, my face is almost always looking at the ground and not the sun. I''ve been wearing sun-screen on my face everyday since they started putting it in Olay, no other anti-wrinkle creams though. Starting to get a few under eye wrinkles that only bother me when the make-up collects in the furrows. Can''t be looking too bad, because a couple of ladies in the store where I take my alterations were astonished when, the other day, I told them I had 25 year old boys!

I do have botox, although I''m getting it done as part of migraine treatment. Prolly wouldn''t have done otherwise - too ''spensive. I''ve never had the droopy eyelid thing, although the doc says if that happens it only lasts a week and then they revert.

I''ve had the tummy tuck. It was hell on earth, but well worth it.

Next on the list: Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall lipo, breast reduction & lift and a smidgen taken out of my eyelids. I''d have it all done in a heartbeat if only Mr Gailey (aka. Araldite pockets!) would let me. And he probably won''t, so there will be nothing graceful about my aging process from here on in!

Just got to say a big
woohoo001.gif

because I''ve just seen Canada geese circling my still frozen lake. Spring must be around the corner. Gailey''s doing the happy dance at last!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:05:20 AM
Author: Gailey
I hadn''t read this thread since my first post near the top of page one. Linda, you''ve had me laughing my bottom off this morning with your ''loose as a goose'' comment, and boy did I need a giggle - thank you.

But then, not two minutes later, you''ve got me paranoid about the skin on the back of my hand. I''m definitely not in the snap back category - snappish I would say!

I''ve never done the tanning thing, although I am outside all day everyday in the summer. Fortunately, my face is almost always looking at the ground and not the sun. I''ve been wearing sun-screen on my face everyday since they started putting it in Olay, no other anti-wrinkle creams though. Starting to get a few under eye wrinkles that only bother me when the make-up collects in the furrows. Can''t be looking too bad, because a couple of ladies in the store where I take my alterations were astonished when, the other day, I told them I had 25 year old boys!

I do have botox, although I''m getting it done as part of migraine treatment. Prolly wouldn''t have done otherwise - too ''spensive. I''ve never had the droopy eyelid thing, although the doc says if that happens it only lasts a week and then they revert.

I''ve had the tummy tuck. It was hell on earth, but well worth it.

Next on the list: Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall lipo, breast reduction & lift and a smidgen taken out of my eyelids. I''d have it all done in a heartbeat if only Mr Gailey (aka. Araldite pockets!) would let me. And he probably won''t, so there will be nothing graceful about my aging process from here on in!

Just got to say a big
woohoo001.gif

because I''ve just seen Canada geese circling my still frozen lake. Spring must be around the corner. Gailey''s doing the happy dance at last!

Gailey sweetheart, I have been thinking about you a lot xoxoxox. I am glad I gave you a good giggle this morning. ha ha.

My hands don''t exactly snap back fast either, as in my younger days, but the sink doesn''t stay pulled up either. ha ha ha ha. The pros said the test determines how fast your skin snaps back into place.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 6:44:50 PM
Author: Maria D
I am 47 and I don''t know if I''m aging gracefully but, other than the hair dye, I''m definitely aging naturally. I have lots of loose skin from carrying extra weight for years before losing it a few years ago. I exercise a lot and feel good about my health and strength. I try to focus on what I look like with clothes on and not worry so much about the looseness and wrinkles although sometimes I''m amazed at how OLD my hands look.

Last week I read that new research on how hair loses its pigment may lead to a pill or injection that could restore gray hair to its original color. Wow, I would probably be all over that! As it is I dye the roots every 3 weeks -- and the third week needs some creative parting and hairspray to hide the ''line.''

Gee, that doesn''t sound very graceful...hope I haven''t scared any younger ones out there!
I''m right there with you, Maria. I am 48, have some loose skin from major weightloss, and I color my hair
emteeth.gif
I think I look pretty darn good for a 48 year old woman, and most people assume I am in my mid 30''s.

I would love to have my turkey nech tightened up - it''s that way due to the weightloss, but my husband is adamantly opposed to ANY type of cosmetic surgery...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 12:54:18 PM
Gailey sweetheart, I have been thinking about you a lot xoxoxox. I am glad I gave you a good giggle this morning. ha ha.

My hands don''t exactly snap back fast either, as in my younger days, but the sink doesn''t stay pulled up either. ha ha ha ha. The pros said the test determines how fast your skin snaps back into place.
Thank you Linda, you are such a sweetie. We''re all hanging in there. Service is tomorrow and I am speaking, so once that is over with I will feel better. I just don''t want to fluff my lines as I am reading tributes from Kath''s father and brother who are in the UK. I''ll post a bit of an update at the weekend.

I have to say though, PS has been my saving grace this week, so keep those funnies coming!

After I got out of the shower this morning, I noticed this funny dimple like thing on the inside of both my knees. Now what''s that all about?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 1:49:34 PM

Thank you Linda, you are such a sweetie. We''re all hanging in there. Service is tomorrow and I am speaking, so once that is over with I will feel better. I just don''t want to fluff my lines as I am reading tributes from Kath''s father and brother who are in the UK. I''ll post a bit of an update at the weekend.

I have to say though, PS has been my saving grace this week, so keep those funnies coming!

After I got out of the shower this morning, I noticed this funny dimple like thing on the inside of both my knees. Now what''s that all about?

Oh I know those dimples. ICK. And did you see what I wrote? I just caught it. I said the sink doesn''t stay pulled back. ha ha ha. Geez, I need new glasses for typing too.
23.gif

I.. uh. have those dimples on my fanny too.
11.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 2:01:45 PM

Date: 4/1/2009 1:49:34 PM

Oh I know those dimples. ICK. And did you see what I wrote? I just caught it. I said the sink doesn''t stay pulled back. ha ha ha. Geez, I need new glasses for typing too.
23.gif

I.. uh. have those dimples on my fanny too.
11.gif
Linda,

I figured out the sink thing. But I wasn''t going to mention it!

But please tell me your joking about where you''ve found the knee dimples - otherwise sign me up for that Vaj. rejeuvanation, I''ll spend my sparklies budget on it if that''s what I''ve got to look forward too!

OK, I''m heading out to lunch with my son. He''s pissed off because his boss told him he thought I was "hot" last week, I''m hoping to run into him again, I need some more positive affirmation.

Flipping heck, when the good Lord was dishing out the vanity I think I got the mother lode and when you combine that with having the world''s biggest conscience - well I just never get a moment''s peace!!

I''ve already bookmarked the University of Bradford to keep up with the recent grey hair discovery - where will it end!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My mom is 52 (which to me is really young) and she looks fantastic. If I could look like her at her age, I''d be one happy camper
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 11:23:46 PM
Author: Haven
I''ve never had any surgeries, and I plan to keep it that way. Heck, I don''t even take medicine. So, I''m really young still (in my opinion) but I plan on aging gracefully.

Also, I cannot WAIT to rock a dignified silver bob, with my jet black eyebrows, and a deep red lipstick pout. I *love* that look. LOVE it.
Wow! She looks great! I am 50 and sometimes I''d like to stop coloring my hair. But knowing my luck it would look frumpy not fabulous like hers.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results