shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my current setting (getting replaced)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, from my previous post on Rocky Talky re finding the new setting in LA, here are some shots of my current ring setting. I am getting it replaced, because it is too fussy and I can''t really wear a wedding band with it.

I will post the new setting as soon as I get it done. I will include the photos that Jan & Brad sent me when I purchased the center stone from DBOF as well. They do such a great job photographing stuff, not like klutzy me!
10.gif

profile.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
pic #2

top-view.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #3

topview2.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #4

side-view.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #5

jring1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #6

jring2.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #7, whew, that was work!
10.gif

jring3.jpg

Meraj

Rough_Rock
I think the setting looks nice and very unique looking. I actually like it. How many carats is the center stone?

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AJ, I have gotten 8 years of compliments on it, but I am just looking for a less heavy setting and more delicate prongs. I will keep the setting until I bond with the new one, just in case! I would hate to sell it on Ebay, then find out that I miss it. Maybe I'll turn it into a right hand ring with a colored stone. I have a really cool precious topaz in a peachy brown shade that just may fit the bill.

Oh, yes, your question - 1.90 carats.
10.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely and unusual setting, but I can see why you want something more streamlined for everyday wear as an engagement ring. That center stone will certainly look great in whatever setting you choose. I agree you should keep your current setting (for sentimental reasons & because it's lovely) and convert it into an occasional wear stone with a colored gemstone in the center. I'm not sure I would put a peachy or brown topaz in a platinum/white gold(?) setting though, as I tend to think warm colored stones look better in yellow or pink gold. I think a blue or green stone, like aquamarine, blue topaz, sapphire, tourmaline or emerald, would look fabulous in that setting.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kay, good suggestion. You're right about the topaz not looking good in white metal - I dragged it out of the safe and it just wasn't right.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results