shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding dress scare!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So my dress is currently in Fargo, Nd. Where it floods every spring. The worst flood was in 97 and my parents almost lost their house (they''ve sinced moved to higher ground). The flood this year is supposedly worse and rising faster than it did in 97. My WEDDING DRESS is in the path of the flippin flood!!! I don''t know if it''s hit the dress shop or not this year but I just got a call from the owner saying you guys should pick up your dress soon because our shop is flooding. I spent 30 minutes frantically trying to call my mom (who of course had her cell on silent) finally got her and she is going to pick it up as soon as she can. I hope nothing happened to it but I guess only time will tell
7.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I hope that your dress, the store owners, and the rest of North Dakota are okay.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i hope everything will be ok too! they have a shortage of volunteers because a lot of companies and businesses are not releasing their employees to help sandbag like they did in 97
23.gif
The city needs 3 MILLION sandbags by friday!!!! They only have 300,000!!!! It''s predicted to crest at 41 feet making this the largest flood in Fargo/Moorhead history. If anyone is interested you can look at http://www.inforum.com/ for updates on the flood.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I hope everything will be ok!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hi smurfy. My family is on the other side of the river in Mhd and they're frantically filling sandbags this week so I hope they and everyone else are able to build up their dikes in time! I was there for the 97 flood and it was so devastating.

As far as your dress goes, as long as your mom can put it somewhere on the second floor of the house it should be OK, don't you think? One of my best friends was supposed to get married in New Orleans a month after Hurricane Katrina hit and her dress was at a shop in New Orleans and it survived. I bet yours will be OK, too!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It might be worth the $50-$100 to just pack it up and ship it to you where it''ll be safe...seriously, don''t take the risk of it being ruined.

On another note, if you discover that your dress is damaged at the shop, it should be covered by the shop''s insurance. Don''t let them tell you otherwise.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your thoughts ladies :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it''s ok! Sending dust!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
my mom has the dress in her possession- everything is ok! i repeat- everything is ok! over and out!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
PHEW! Where''s the wipe-the-sweat-from-forehead emotie?!? That would have been beyond awful if it had been flooded out...*shudder*

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i wonder what will happen to the dresses of the people they cant get ahold of though
32.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 5:35:31 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
my mom has the dress in her possession- everything is ok! i repeat- everything is ok! over and out!

Great news!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great that you mom got your dress. Phew!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear you got your dress!

I had a very similar scare last summer with all the flooding in Iowa. It was crazy. Thankfully the dress shop never got hit, but it was not even a block away from buildings that lost everything. The whole town felt so helpless, I hope things go well!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If the alterations are done on your dress, I would check into having the gown stored at a furrier''s. They usually send coats out, and they''re stored elsewhere (i.e. out of the flood zone!) in a climate controlled facility. It usually costs about $150 to have a coat cleaned and stored for the warm months, so I can''t imagine it costs more than $50-$70 to have a furrier store the gown. This way you know its practically locked in a safe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results