shape
carat
color
clarity

Flash & Sparkle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I''ve been away for two weeks celebrating and adjusting my life. Yes it was two weeks ago today that I picked up my jewel of a ring and I''m back now with my story and the goods. Oh, and did I mention she said..... "Yes"... "Yes, I love you..." and "Yes, I will marry you!" No diamond has value greater that that word... "yes"... I''ll post the full story and links under Rocky Talk, but here is the ring! I only have three pics from the appraiser and my camera is broken. As soon as I get it fixed I''ll post some better shots...

Michael

Eng3.jpg

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
A close up...

Eng1.jpg

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Side view...

Eng2.jpg

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Michael, It's beautiful! You are such an amazing wordsmith...a mere poet such as I can only envy! May she wear it in good health and enjoy it's beauty for a lifetime!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring-congrats and you really are exceptional with words.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful!!!! This setting looks similar to mine. Who made your setting? Is this platinum or wg? The diamond looks huge. How many carats is it?
love.gif

MichaelF

Rough_Rock

These pics don't do this ring justice. They were taken at the appraiser and I'll take some when my 35mm is repaired. It is a platinum setting that I designed. It is was made by Quest Manufacturing Jewelers in Dunn Loring Virginia. They are wholesalers so I paid about 1/2 retail for the platinum setting (appraised at $1,600 and I paid $875). The diamond is just north of 7mm in diameter and has a carat weight of 1.273ct. It is "G" color and "SI" clarity. Other specs follow:

Carat 1.273
Color G
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 7.04 - 7.06 x 4.28
Table % 55
Depth % 60.7
Crown Angle ° 34.8
Crown % 15.6
Pavilion Angle ° 40.8
Pavilion % 43
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.0% to 1.4% Faceted
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible

----------------
On 8/15/2003 5:38:38 PM Meraj wrote:

It is beautiful!!!! This setting looks similar to mine. Who made your setting? Is this platinum or wg? The diamond looks huge. How many carats is it?

love.gif

----------------

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ya done good, Michael! Congratulations and best wishes.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/15/2003 8:54:27 AM MichaelF wrote:

Okay, so I've been away for two weeks celebrating and adjusting my life. Yes it was two weeks ago today that I picked up my jewel of a ring and I'm back now with my story and the goods. Oh, and did I mention she said..... "Yes"... "Yes, I love you..." and "Yes, I will marry you!" No diamond has value greater that that word... "yes"... I'll post the full story and links under Rocky Talk, but here is the ring! I only have three pics from the appraiser and my camera is broken. As soon as I get it fixed I'll post some better shots...

Michael
----------------

Michael...Very unique setting..Congratulations...You seemed to have worked through your anxieties just fine and the ring is gorgeous...

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
loopy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results