shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking Bets: When Will Gwen and J Get Engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I've wriggled so much I have a six pack now!

If I wriggle anymore, I'm going to fit into my elementary school jeans!!!!!

GO J, GO!!!! WOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, Gwen, POST!!! I''m dying to know!

Also, ladies, if any one of you could explain a dud like me what "wriggle" implies? Thankie!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Almost 7 AM...get up and post, Gwen!!!

Maybe she had too much champagne in celebration???

*WRIGGLE*

P.S. Kama, it''s just us saying that we''re so excited for Gwen that we can''t even contain ourselves from wriggling around impatiently!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha at all of the wriggling!!! All of the girl scout cookies I''ve been eating have been counteracting my mad wriggling skillz.

::::WRIGGLE WRIGGLE WRIGGLE WRIGGLE WRIGGLE WRIGGLE::::

GWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t she in England now? Doesn''t that mean that she owed us an update YESTERDAY!? Where are you???

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Ladies it''s 9.54am on Sunday morning here in England which I''m hoping means that Gwen is engaged and far too excited/ busy sharing news to have come on yet.

Has it happened Gwennie??????
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Nope, not yet. I think he''s going to keep us all wriggling until at least next weekend!
6.gif

Here''s what happened yesterday--I am 99.9999% sure he brought the ring with him when we went out for the day (the ring box was definitely moved from where it has been these past couple of weeks right before we left and I had a tiny peek in the box when we returned and it was empty!) but he didn''t ask yesterday after all. My guess as to why is because the evening didn''t end the way we had planned. Here''s how it went:

We started out with the most romantic bit--eating a picnic lunch by a stream in a park in this smallish town. I gave him a few openings to get mushy and romantic, telling him how much I love him and all that (something I do fairly often anyway so it wasn''t too out of the ordinary), but he wasn''t feeling the picnic spot apparently and didn''t take my hints. Anyway, after we had our lunch and watched the ducks in the stream for a bit, we walked into town and did a little window shopping to kill some time before the movie. There was a great open air market going on and some live music, so that was pretty cool.

Here''s where things got a bit rocky--we were going to take a bus to the cinema but there was no bus info up; it had all been plastered over with fliers and posters and things. J had walking directions, so we started to walk instead. Well, it was almost all uphill and the directions weren''t quite right, so we were kind of lost. Also, I''ve had a very bad cough for almost two months now and have been put on two inhalers to help me breathe. Well, the long walk uphill triggered my asthmatic coughing and even after I took all the inhalers I could, it was still difficult to breathe. We asked a couple of people for directions and ultimately found the cinema in plenty of time to catch the movie. We bought our tickets, played a game of air hockey (I won, 7 to 4!
9.gif
), and had an ice cream cone while we waited. Then we watched the movie (Watchmen), which was not my kind of movie at ALL, and I think he felt badly that it was a lot more gory than he had thought it would be. So we tried to catch the bus back to the town center, and again there were no buses and no info, so after 10 or 15 minutes of waiting, we walked back. THEN, we went to go eat at this Thai restaurant which I''d really been looking forward to trying, and they wanted us to wait 45 minutes to get a table for 2 at 9pm, and they had no waiting area. So they wanted us to wait outside! Well, it was just about freezing out, so we couldn''t just sit there for ages, so we walked to keep warm. Since we were walking and my breathing still wasn''t that great, we just went to the train station instead. J asked if we wanted to walk back to the Thai place when it was about quarter to nine, but my chest was hurting and I didn''t think it''d be a good idea to do that much more walking, since we still had about a mile to go before we got to the train station (and that was without backtracking to the Thai place).

So, we got on the train and went to try this Chinese restaurant that J had mentioned again--the one where he had originally thought he would propose on my birthday. Well, we got into it and my eyebrows shot through the roof. Everything in it was some shade of faded pink (I don''t do pink), it was tiny, really crowded, really loud, and full of unattractive tacky decorations. The food wasn''t to my liking at all (way too salty), but J enjoyed it. During the meal, I was sort of smirking a bit and he wanted to know why, and I said something about how I''d been curious to see this restaurant where he thought he''d propose, and he laughed and said, "No, wait, let me explain! From the street it looks bigger--and NORMAL!" I laughed too and he said, "To be honest, if we had gone here for your birthday, I would''ve changed my mind about proposing in here anyway. I''d had to get on one knee under the table and you wouldn''t have had any idea what was going on."
3.gif

Anyway, that was the end of the night last night. We got home and I thought maybe he would then, but he commented on how he should''ve made us go back to the Thai place and that he thought I was disappointed, so then figured he wouldn''t be asking then.

Really don''t think it''ll be tonight--can''t say why except that he''s got something planned for today that''s something he doesn''t often get to do which is all about him, and it''s going to take up the rest of the night. He did ask me if I was cool with it, and amusingly said to me, "You look kind of like there''s something else I should be doing, and that I should know what it is," which made me laugh because I had been thinking, ''You need to propose to me before you go off having fun that''s all about you!'' So he reads me pretty well.
3.gif
I told him that I couldn''t tell him what I was thinking for fear of ruining anything, and he said, "Well, if it''s about THAT, just know that I have things under control."

He''s not working next weekend either, so....? Maybe? I think he''s enjoying making me squirm FAR too much, if you ask me.
3.gif

Sorry, ladies. I thought for sure it was going to happen yesterday! Darn boys.
38.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haha, enjoy the anticipation, gwen! I bet J is enjoying, quite a bit
31.gif
Such an exciting time
1.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer, Gwen. Well it''s better that he didn''t do it when so many things went sour. I mean, the bad asthma attacks...that''s no fun. K has severe asthma so I know what it''s like. But it still sounded like a nice day! Just not a proposal-kinda-day.

So we will send plenty of dust for next weekend!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That''s a bummer, sorry about your breathing, Gwen. Well -- the wriggling continues!
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
ah man! well at least the weekend sounded good (minus the asthma - i have the same cough and if its not gone by friday, i have to go in too
14.gif
).
heres to more wiggling!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Funnily enough this sounds like my engagement scenario, originally FI wanted to propose in Rome but it didn''t work out as planned he was sick, I was sick and the feeling just wasn''t there and so he proposed later in Paris and it was perfect.

The perfect proposal will come at the right time :), I am thinking a ride into the countryside for some devonshire tea is in order
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Is your asthma under control now?
6.gif

Sorry Gwen, I''m bummed
7.gif
But I still have a chance to win my bet!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
damn! That''s such a pity! I hope that it happens next weekend for you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He was going to do it! Darn the wacked out circumstances!

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
32.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW he''s doing it before April 1. I''ll bet a DOLLAR on it.

::::going back to wriggling::::

::::wriggle wriggle wriggle wriggle wriggle wriggle::::

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hey chickies! Yeah, my asthma is back under control (helped by the fact that we've stayed in all day), thanks for asking! I do think he was going to do it yesterday but changed his mind due to what was going on, so that's twice now that it was going to happen (well, probably) but didn't! Is this what I get for keeping him waiting for so long?!
32.gif
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that you''re doing ok!! Such a pity about yesterday though!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 3:45:36 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Hey chickies! Yeah, my asthma is back under control (helped by the fact that we''ve stayed in all day), thanks for asking! I do think he was going to do it yesterday but changed his mind due to what was going on, so that''s twice now that it was going to happen (well, probably) but didn''t! Is this what I get for keeping him waiting for so long?!
32.gif
3.gif
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 3:45:36 PM
Hey chickies! Yeah, my asthma is back under control (helped by the fact that we''ve stayed in all day), thanks for asking! I do think he was going to do it yesterday but changed his mind due to what was going on, so that''s twice now that it was going to happen (well, probably) but didn''t! Is this what I get for keeping him waiting for so long?!
32.gif
3.gif

Too bad there isn''t sparkly reward for all the near-misses.

I so can''t wait for the actual proposal!
36.gif
36.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Aww, gwennie, I''m glad you''re feeling better but sorry about the near-misses! I''m sending dust and wiggles across the pond...

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the plane ride to the US! Cause I think that would be neat and original and you could announce it the second you get off the plane!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, bugger. Glad to know your asthma''s in control now!

So, if I wriggle enough, can it get me off gym time?? Heh.

Wrigglin for ya, Gwen!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:::wriggle wriggle wriggle:::

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah! Totally forgot about this until now, but there''s no way for him to propose on the plane ride over to the US because we''re flying on different flights. We bought our tickets a few weeks apart, and his ticket would''ve been out of our budget if he''d flown in on the same flight, so he''s arriving a few hours later.

Sorry to blow that idea out of the water, but an on-flight proposal is a no-go unless he waits until we fly home, which I hope he doesn''t do!
6.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:25:05 PM
Oh yeah! Totally forgot about this until now, but there''s no way for him to propose on the plane ride over to the US because we''re flying on different flights. We bought our tickets a few weeks apart, and his ticket would''ve been out of our budget if he''d flown in on the same flight, so he''s arriving a few hours later.
Sorry to blow that idea out of the water, but an on-flight proposal is a no-go unless he waits until we fly home, which I hope he doesn''t do!
6.gif
Oh no! Well, I think in that case I get another guess.
3.gif
How about.... hmmmmm... crystal ball.... Saturday the 28th!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. If he doesn''t propose before you guys leave, I''m going to fly over there and kick his booty.
11.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:25:05 PM

6.gif
are you sure??
31.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I know now! My first guess is still going to be the day before you leave.
If that''s wrong, then it''s going to be when he lands on the US! At the airport, right at the baggage claim! Or are you planning on staying within the gates until he arrives? If then, it''s going to be at the gate when he comes out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results