shape
carat
color
clarity

A woman''s opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gimly

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend wants to be proposed to in front of her entire family. She's dropped a few hints and I'm almost positive she would love it. My question is, do you think a public proposal such as this should be short and sweet, so as not to be embarrassed? I had originally planned on playing "our song" on my guitar to her, however, do you think this is appropriate in front of her family, or do you think that this would be awkward for everyone involved?

gimly

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 9/8/2003 2:17:59 PM gimly wrote:
My question is, do you think a public proposal such as this should be short and sweet, so as not to be embarrassed? I had originally planned on playing "our song" on my guitar to her, however, do you think this is appropriate in front of her family, or do you think that this would be awkward for everyone involved?

gimly----------------

Well, I guess that depends on you and on her. If she's comfortable with it and you don't feel abashed in doing so, then go ahead and propose with your song in front of everyone. I don't think one's family would be embarassed (providing that your song isn't Wild Thing or something of similar ilk!)
2.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How well do you play guitar? How musical is her family?

gimly

Rough_Rock
How well do I play guitar? I play "ok". However, I've been practicing this song for quite sometime now, and there is no way I would even play the song if I thought it would sound "horrible." My whole dilemma is that I was planning on learning "our song" and playing it for my girl, and incorporating something else into that, then proposing... then I found out that she would probably prefer for me to propose in front of her family. This kind of threw a twist into things, and I'm now unsure how I want to go about it. I'm fairly sure I can handle proposing in front of her family (we're all fairly close, especially her parents and brothers and I), however, I don't know how I want to do it.. I was just wanting some opinions from people on the net as to whether or not playing our song to her would be even remotely romantic.. I just assumed girls would dig that sort of thing?
Any thoughts?

jesseybean

Rough_Rock
I think the best idea is to go with what you are most comfortable with. I think, too, that you put alot of thought into what you wanted to do for her, and that will mean alot more to her. You can always propose to her privatly and then go and announce it to her family shortly after. I think your idea is very romantic, and she will appriciate how much time you spent practicing the song that means so much to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results