shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread March 9 - 15

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
a workout buddy sent me this pic, btw....apparently this girl did this in 12 weeks! I don''t think I could be that strict, though (esp judging from the Burrito Tale of Woe)....

Tova_body_for_life.JPG

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT session today...I think I''m defintiely going to be sore tomorrow, but we''ll see. I always feel like I''m working hard during my session but haven''t felt sore at all the next day. So excited that I leave for my trip tomorrow...I think I might pack my resistance bands in the suitcase so I can squeeze in some exercise for my upper body.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I"m flying down to FL last minute, my brother won his election (town council) and my is celebrating on Saturday. It was a PRICEY ticket
7.gif
But they said they''ll pay for it. So I''m going to hit yoga tonight, 8PM. Tomorrow I''m flying @ night, I''ll try to get some home exercises in during the day (pushups, crunches etc). Saturday I''m going to try to get a run in (I''m hoping it''s not too hot), and Sunday I fly back. That''s the plan, we''ll see how I stick to it. I REALLY want to break my plateau for my 8K time, so I''m going to try (in earnest) to train for it in the next 2 wks.

Zoe, Yay! new gizmos!!! I just bought a bluetooth handsfree from woot.com. :) My dog chewed mine up a long time ago and I never got a replacement.

Mara, Hope your grandma is doing better.

Apple, where are you going for skiing? I''m hitting Mammoth next week. Also, you can get a lot of upper arm workouts pulling yourself across traverses. THat''s where I always got stuck.
14.gif

Rod, hope you take care of your leg. Have a good uber workout day.

Dragon, I made chicken pot pie this week too
5.gif

Alli, stop beating yourself up! Everyone makes bad decisions every now and then. It happens, we''re all human. Just don''t loose your focus, stay on the wagon and make sure you don''t do it again. The weight is probably a lot of sodium etc. Drink a lot of water and do some more cardio.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lliang, I will ask my mom the name in case you ever find yourself in MKE. Have fun in Florida and congrats to your brother!

Zoe, I can''t really go to any appointments since I don''t have anyone to watch T. I need to keep the bad stuff out of the house since my will power is not as good as it once was. Probably b/c I am always tired and stressed. It is amazing that exercising doesn''t have the same results as diet. You would think it wouldn''t matter if you burned or ate 3,500 cals less.

alli, funny you mentioned that b/c I did take melatonin last night. I think it did help (though still woke up too early and couldn''t fall back asleep). Today I didn''t take a nap so I am curious if my sleep will improve. I have never worked out this long or hard so it is a major deal for me. Don''t beat yourself up! This is not a one day thing but a process. I doubt you gained so much from a 1/3 of a burrito. Maybe it is muscle? That picture is insane.

Not much new for me. I cleaned my house for 5 hours. Argg...I hate cleaning. DH was like "I didn''t think our house was that messy." Haha. He has no idea how long things take. After all I had to hand scrub our family room. T was FUSSY today and wanted another nap at 4 so I missed my cardio class. Oh well. Cleaning is a good workout right?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:36:46 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Skippy, where are you? I''ll stand out on my balcony and blow really hard in your direction.
5.gif
Glad you had a good walk. Yay! you''re doing push ups too?!? Check out the 100 Pushup Challenge. We can do it together. :)
James loves pot pie. :)
here is the PUSH UP CHALLENGE thanks to Lliang.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from Sports Challenge, I was tempted not to go since I had a bit of a stressful day but I laced up my tennis shoes and went which really helped. We had these wheeled platforms that we used for walking lunges; I thought they would be easy but no way, you have to use your core to keep the little wheeled platform steady. We also were on one knee and used our leg to move ourselves across the room; I bet it looked funny but it was hard I didn't even look at the other people in the class. hehe We did so many different drills, sprints, swam with the carts (so hard) and our 15 min warm up was step aerobics. It is a good class, it varies so much but I always get a great work out; we did burpies with a jump too!!! I haven't done burpies since gym class
3.gif
3.gif
Anyone remember those? hehe

Off to eat left over lentil soup. Have a great evening friends!

ALLI, yum to chicken; I posted the push up challenge above. hehe Oh it sounds like the secret is good; I need to think a little more positively. I think it is hard when you first start a weight loss program but the more days you can eat healthy the easier it gets? that is how it works with me; I am sorry, being busy at work makes it hard. sending good vibes your way. Wow your buddy is in great shape! You can do it!

GECKO, oh I am sorry you have less PS time. good job on your walks!!! You will lose; I think 1 lb at a time. Yay for what you lost so far!

MARA, haha I am now starting to feel old knowing that the little girl in my wedding is now 11 instead of 3. hehe Have fun with your sister; she sounds so sweet!

TACORI, hope you sleep better tonight. Glad your knee is doing better. I love WW; it works for me. In fact I have been away and I need to go back to the meeting; the people inspire me and the plan is easy to use. it costs $40 a month if you prepay and you get free etools. Yes cleaning is hard work!!!

LLIANG, oh glad your dog is doing better. yay for yoga and yum to pulled pork. woo hoo for your brother! Congrats!

ZOE, yeah those english muffins keep me satisfied longer then cereal for some reason plus milk makes me a little sick. Yum to salsa and that is like no calories. hehe

ROD, sorry your day was long and busy. I am glad your leg is getting better.

APPLE, yay for your PT session; have a great trip!

MARCY, hugs.

DRAGON, yay for all your sculpting and cardio! I wish I could do a 5k, maybe if I get better at this Sports Challenge class which has a lot of sprinting then I can build up my lungs for running. Good for you!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
lliang, I''m going to Crested Butte, Colorado. I''m so excited! Glad to know I''ll get some arms in as well.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......Man, it was a loooong day. I didn''t really sleep that well last night, but I still got to work early and stayed late as usual. I was really tempted to skip the gym, but then Mara''s question played in my mind and I thought what would it be like if I didn''t embark on "Rebuild Rod" and I realized I had to push through my ambivalence and go. I''m glad I did. My leg was better today and it really helped my workout. Sometimes it''s hard to push hard when there''s some pain, so it was nice to workout and not really think about my leg. Even the elliptical was better. I''d had to cut my speed back a little, but tonight I was more like my myself and it felt good. Dinner was a nice salad with some fresh chicken Charlie baked for his dinner. And of course I had a couple pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate for dessert. Tomorrow''s Friday.......YAYAYAYAYAY!! Charlie''s off tomorrow night, so we''re having our usual Friday night sushi.

I''m sorry for not having the time to write everyone individually. It''s already about 11 PM and I need to wind down for a couple minutes before going to bed and starting a new day.

You''re all doing great. Oh.....Alli, don''t beat yourself up over a burrito. The gain was more likely water retention. Burrito''s are really high in sodium.

Hey to everyone I couldn''t say hey to individually..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I went to work today and was a little distracted.I completely forgot to take my breakfast with me – cheerios and fresh fruit so I ate a few 100 calorie snacks and was still hungry and ended up eating some hot tamales and a few pieces of chocolate.Not bright I know.We met the in-laws for supper tonight.They are still working on getting everyone taken care of.My FIL’s name is on the checking / savings account but the bank can’t find a signature card so they won’t let him get to any of the money.It looks like they have to get an attorney for that mess.

We went to our cake decorating class last night.Marty is definitely teacher’s pet.We were making flowers and all 3 of us girls are struggling and asking for help, our flowers weren’t very good and Marty’s were coming out perfect.The teacher said “Martin since you are doing so good why don’t you move on to the rose on page …”He has skill I certainly don’t possess.

Tacori, I think sparkpeople is a great resource.Great point that being fat is worse than being on a diet.Cleaning house does burn calories.My house needs picked up; we haven’t been home enough to do much house work.

Appletini, I find some of the tips they sparkpeople emails you everyday very helpful.Have a blast on your trip.

Dragonfly, I hope you do something fun during spring break.Our spring break is next week.Good luck to your friend with the operation.Thanks for thinking of us.

Skippy, I am sure your cute nephew kept you hopping all day.

Alli, you are so right about how important it is to be committed to a goal and then work on it.I know exercise really helps lose weight but what you put in your mouth matters more.Thanks for saying I am a “gem” that made me sparkle (that was a PS pun intended).Ha Ha.I expect instant results too; sad it doesn’t work out for us that way.Don’t beat yourself up for eating a burrito.Most of the time Mexican food is pretty salty so you probably are just retaining water.No worries – the scale will go down again.

Gecko, was the rain cold?We get very cold rain here.I’d walk really fast in the rain.Good plan to work on reaching your goal 10 pounds at a time.

Mara, I bet your sister is a doll and adores her older sister.

Lliang, the in-laws ordered chili cheese fries the other night.They are good.Have a wonderful time in Florida.

Zoe, thanks for thinking of us.I appreciate it.I love English muffins and seem to want one for supper on the weekends.I like to use them for sandwiches too.

Rod, thanks for the cyber hug.It’s comforting to know you and so many other people care.You are absolutely right about why we’d never want to go back to live the way we used to.The improved health is well worth the work and effort.I hope your leg does get better soon.

Take care and have a great Friday.

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I went to the later yoga class. It was... okay. A new teacher and she wasn''t that great. It was like she talked too quickly it kept you "on edge" instead of concentrating on the pose. I had a HUGE lunch, Moroccan dish from the Claudia Roden cookbook. Onions, tumeric, chicken, chick peas, lemon, garlic. I added chicken stock instead of water, and the lemon made it too sour for me so I added honey. Had it over couscous. It was so tasty I ate a LOT of it. But it worked out, I didn''t eat much of a dinner. I just had some little bit of ice cream for dessert after yoga.

Skip, Yay 100 push uper!! I didn''t do anything this week but maybe tomorrow.

Tacori, thanks I''ll try to enjoy the FL weather. My sister''s coming home from her business trip early (it''s a clusterf*ck) but I''ll be missing her since I''m flying to FL.
7.gif
But my brother & parents are happy I''ll be home so that''s good. I just wish I didn''t live so far from my family, I could just drive 4 hrs instead of fly for 4 hrs.

Skip, those Sports Challenge classes sound really kick a$$! i love how it''s always different and they really get you workin''! I dunno what a burpie is...
7.gif

Alli, are you going to join in on the push up challenge?

Apple, Crested Butte (hee hee, I always say butt in my head when i see that) sounds GREAT!!! I never skied there but my sis has. How long are you skiing for? I *HATE* flat traverses, because it''s so hard to pull myself. I hope you don''t have to go through that. Hope you get some good powder :)

Rod, glad your workout was good. I totally know what you mean about biting the bullet and just working out. That''s what it''s like for runnign for me. You need to post how many push ups you do on your workouts since we''re going to do this push up challenge :) I''m going to try to keep up with you. :)

A question I thought to myself when I was walking the dog... How is it that some women have nice skinny/toned looking arms but are totally not strong? I see some people in my yoga class, and some of my girlfriends, are totally thin, thin, thin, but are probably the last ppl you''d call if you need to help move furniture. They totally have non-flabby arms but have trouble carrying 20lbs. But I know my arms are on the chubbier side and I can pick up 40-50 lbs if I had to carry something somewhere. How is it that some people look thin, but are totally out of shape/weak? I think I''d rather be on the in shape/stronger but a little chubbier looking than be a 90 lb weakling. Or that''s what I keep telling myself as I''m trying to get rid of my arm chub. :) Which would you rather be?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All.

Marc, still thinking about you and your family.

Tacori, I'm glad I didn't offend. I would really take a look at food and see if there are some things you can alter. Hooray for your hubby calling you thin.

LLiang, I have the opposite of your problem, strong arms that don't look toned, wanna meet 1/2 way?

Hey Rod, Dragon, Skip, Rod, Lorelei and all my other WWTer friends.

I've got some wierd personal stuff going on that I'm not comfortable sharing, but if you could keep me in your thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. I"m still hanging around, but not a lot to add.

K

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning all and TGIF; it is raining today so I probably will take a day off from the workouts. It has been 5 days in a row so today is a good day to take off. I hope we get lots of rain; it has been so dry here. Hubby has the day off but I have a lot of reading to do. Hope everyone has a great day!!!! Have a great weekend too!!

Tomorrow hubby will take me to my favorite place for lunch; I am looking forward to it. Also I probably will go for some long walks this weekend.
35.gif

ROD, sorry your day was long but wooo hooo for rebuilding rod; that is how I felt yesterday. It was so easy to say no I am not going but once you get to the gym you feel good. yay for Friday and enjoy your sushi night!!

MARCY, hi friend; I have had you and Marty in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray that the bank issue gets resolved quickly. hugs.

LLIANG, in the middle of the page is a video on how to do a burpee http://www.intervaltrainingworks.com/burpee-bodyweight-exercise/ hehe. thanks it is a very good class. Your meal sounds soooooo good! sorry the teacher wasn't the best last night. Yeah, I know the type of ladies you are talking about. I rather be stronger. lol to the woman you don't want to have help move furniture, I giggled at that. hehehehe

KIMI, thinking of you and prayers outgoing, hugs and I am sorry and hope things get better soon.
emrose.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday the 13th kids!

Just a quick fly by from Aspen. Got here on Tuesday (no workout). Did an hour on the elliptical Wednesday, went cross country skiing (only for about an hour though) yesterday, will probably go and do either the treadmill (just walking!) or the elliptical again today. May not work out tomorrow (horror of horrors!) because there is someone coming in that I need to meet around noon.

Trying to eat well, but have had pasta two nights in a row now.
6.gif
And have the left overs in the fridge that keep calling my name.
20.gif

Miss you all--will try to check in again along the way, but be back "for real" next Thursday.

35.gif

MARCY - So very sorry to hear of you loss. You and Marty are in my thoughts.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:48:48 AM
Author: Skippy123

LLIANG, in the middle of the page is a video on how to do a burpee http://www.intervaltrainingworks.com/burpee-bodyweight-exercise/ hehe. thanks it is a very good class. Your meal sounds soooooo good! sorry the teacher wasn''t the best last night. Yeah, I know the type of ladies you are talking about. I rather be stronger. lol to the woman you don''t want to have help move furniture, I giggled at that. hehehehe

Skip, funny you mention that. A few summers ago we were helping a friend move. Some of the guys were afraid that I''d be one of the useless girls. They kept saying they should trade me and my friend C (we''re the smallest) for our other friend who''s 6 ft and rows crew. When they realized I can "carry my own weight" (so to speak) they revised the plan to just trade C for Thai food. It was a good laugh.

Side question, how do people highlight quoted text??

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Probably won''t be on here much in the next week. My sis-in-law is visiting for the weekend and then my parents are coming the following week. Lots of people want to visit us in the Spring! So, anyway I wanted to tell everyone to have a great weekend and a great next week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........another long Friday, but it ended nicely. I met Charlie for sushi around 6:30 and we had a terrific dinner. We went to the Sbucks closer to us for coffee afterwards and we split a brownie.....Yummmmm. Charlie had to get up early for work. It''s s shame that when I have to get up early every day for work, Charlie doesn''t. And when I can sleep in, he can''t. At least he''s only working till about 2 PM, so we''ll meet for a quick lunch and cup of coffee under the oak, then head to the gym. We''re thinking of working out really hard so we can have pizza tomorrow night. We''ll see. We only allow ourselves pizza every few months, so it''s been a while for us and it just seems time to indulge...........

I''m sure you were distracted at work Marcy. You guys have been through a lot this week. I''m sorry you''re FIL will have to hire an attorney to sort out the money issues. I think it''s great Marty is good with frosting. I don''t know if I''ve ever mentioned this, but growing up my folks owned a Baskin Robbins and a Mister Donut (is there any wonder I was a blimp??). Anyway, I worked in the ice cream store the most and was really good at cake decorating and making roses was one of my specialties!!

I''m sorry the yoga teacher wasn''t great lliang. To your pushup question, I typically do a minimum of 100 pushups every workout. My first set is 60, then I do lot''s of other things, then at some point, I do another 40..........I hope you enjoy your trip to Florida. We''re going to have a fabulous weekend weatherwise!

Whatever is going on Kimberly, just know that you''re very special and you''ll be in our (my) thoughts and prayers. Cyber hugs dear friend........

I hope you enjoyed your rainday Skippy. Sometimes a cloudy, rainy day can be a nice thing. We don''t get many of them in Tampa, but occassiionally, they''re a nice break!

I hope you''re having a wondertul time in Aspen DeeJay!

Hey Steph........Have a great time with your SIL this weekiend!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning all!!!! Yesterday I was so busy, I was working on my resume and told a friend I would do her taxes too. hehe Today hubby and I are going to lunch and then afterward I hope to get in a nice long walk. My legs are super sore from Thurs class.

Hope everyone has a great weekend; it looks like a gorgeous and clear outside.
35.gif

DEEJAY, yay for Aspen!!! I have a friend who lives there and loves it. I don''t know if I could be surrounded by snow for so long. Yay for the workouts and skiing is great for the legs; I missed you!

LLIANG, hi there!!! Oh that is funny you showed them you are a buff girl; woooo hooo, you are awesome! hehe Yum to Thai food too; good thinking for a reviesed plan. Oh to highlight quotes, is the little ab with marker up top and click on that.

MARCY, I had a dream that Linda and I went up to visit you in Wyoming and attended your cake decorating class. hehe Thinking of you and Marty, hugs.

STEPH, have a great visit. I just love my SIL; you will have a fabulous time!

ROD, yum to pizza; you totally deserve it my sweet friend!!! You workout hard; I love reading your posts, they always have me wanting to go join you and Charlie for your nice meals and coffee under the oaktree. hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....today didn't turn out as planned. Charlie got up early for work. I slept till about 9:30 (such a luxury!). I started out having breakfast on the terrace. It was just the most beautiful morning. But, I did woke up with a horrible headache. It was borderline migraine and it was too bright to me, so I finished on the couch with Sakai on my shoulder. Charlie was supposed to be off 2 and we were going to meet for lunch and coffee before hitting the gym, but he called and said he was asked to work till 5. So, I just didn't do much today. I did some laundry, lounged around and took a heavy dose of aspirin to get rid of the headache. I finally headed out around 2 PM and had a cup of soup for lunch. Had my car washed and sat with a friend at Sbucks unttil Charlie got off work. My headache got better about the time Charlie got there. We wound still going for pizza, which was such a nice treat. Tomorrow, Charlie's working as well, but he get's off at 4 and I'm definitely going to the gym, headache or not...........

Thanks Skippy!! I hope you got in a nice walk this afternoon. If you did, I'm betting it helped your legs feel better. I usually find that working sore muscles actually makes them feel better afterwards.......

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday..........

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

Last week was a long one, as I had meetings just about every night, including our school budget meeting on Friday. I left that one at around midnight and it was still going strong. The good news is that our teachers'' contract passed. We still haven''t gotten our new computer yet, but hopefully it will arrive early this week. Other than that, not much else is new. I''m still trucking along with planning meals as often as possible. I still need to get back into exercising, and I should have more time this week, now that my meetings are over.

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven''t had time to read through the thread yet, but I''ll go back now and skim through it. I just wanted to check in and say hi.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Healthy Lifestyle friends; I have been busy I have a deadline for something so this will be a quick check in. I went walking today for an hour and 15 mins. Have a great Sunday evening and hopefully I will catch you all on Monday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a nice Sunday. Charlie had to be at work at 11 till 4. I had breakfast on the terrace, which was very nice. The weather was stunningly beautiful today. The rest of the day was typical Sunday. Lunch and coffee under the oak, then a nice long workout at the gym. I got to the gym around 2:30 and left a little after 5:30. Charlie decided to work out after he got off, so we at least were in the gym togehter for a while. I baked chicken with steamed brocolli and carrots for dinner. We''re probably going for sushi tomorrow night after work. That''s about all I''ve got.

Hey Zoe........I''m glad the new contract passed. I''m sure you''ll get back into the exercising groove!

Hey Skippy! I''m glad you had a nice long walk today!

See you all next week.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I swear I am going to have heart attack when I weigh but I’m giving it another week before I look.Eating out, getting food from people and drinking is certainly going to be bad for the weight but I am just not going to worry about it this week.Marty and I are trying to split things when we go out to dinner.That will help.I made a yellow cake with homemade butter chocolate icing and boy was it delicious.
18.gif

Lliang, interesting question.I’d rather be thin and strong but that wasn’t a choice.I am definitely not in the strong category.Sorry the yoga teacher wasn’t very good.

Kimi, thank you for thinking of us.I am thinking of you too – hugs and best wishes coming your way.

Skippy, yeah for some rain.We sure need moisture here.Thanks for thinking of us.I hope you and Linda show up for our cake class.That would be a blast.Of course my rings are in my purse during class – no way am I getting frosting on my rings.

9.gif

DeeJay, I hope you have a great time in Aspen. I will wave at you in the morning when we are on the top of a hill somewhere.Thanks for thinking of us.

Steph, I can understand why people want to visit you in the springtime.Have fun with your company.

Rod, I do remember your parents owned a Baskin Robbins and Mister Donut.How fun you used to decorate cakes.We are having fun with it.Glad you and Charlie enjoyed a brownie this weekend.I sure hope your headache is better.

Zoe, glad to hear your meetings are over.

Take care!

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results