shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:36:38 AM
Author: vespergirl
I would love to eventually get a Ph.D. in history and become a college professor or museum curator.

In my previous career, I was a history professor!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m a tax accountant for a software company. I deal with the US income tax consequences of having international operations.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m a resident physician... can''t say I like it much! I work a ton for little pay, on my 8 years of education. They keep saying it will pay off one day, but with universal healthcare coming, that certainly remains to be seen!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I work 1 day a week at a Dr''s office doing front desk and scanning/indexing paper records we receive on patients into their electronic file on the computer. I started 2 days a week at an insurance office last April (I was 3 days a week at the Dr''s) and I don''t particularly like it. I have no interest in insurance, and only took the job b/c it paid $1.25/hour more than I was making at the Dr''s..but now that I''m not working my regular part time hours up there, I''ve lost most of the benefits I used to get, soooo I''m not coming out ahead at all. And, I tried to get my hours back so I could quit the insurance, and was told no, so now I''m trying to decide what the heck to do! This is such a small town, jobs are scarce!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 3:53:13 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I work for a digital marketing firm analyzing marketing campaigns--I''m an analyst, so I have nothing to do with the creative part, I just figure out what''s working and what isn''t and how to improve the campaign based on the data. I really love my job, but think that I will be ready to take a break from my career and be a SAHM in about two years. I have given some thought to what I would like to do if/when I return to the workforce--I would be happy to return back to my current field, but I have also given considerable thought to opening my own dog-related business (likely a doggy daycare). I''m always thinking about what I want to do in ''my next life'' (which for me will be my life post-children, haha).

NEL-D.O.G. will be your first customer!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:27:53 AM
Author: Clio
I''m a program officer at a small Federal grantmaking agency. I work with applicants on their grant applications, oversee the grants once they''re funded, and help establish grantmaking policy.
Dito! I work at the US Dept of Justice.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m currently a veterinary student but have worked for the past 5 years in a vets also as a nurse/technician.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dental Hygienist.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results