shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 6:30:28 PM
Author: sunnyd
Holy cow!!!
23.gif
So they''re THAT bad?! Yikes. Your experience was horrible, I do remember that. Luckily I did get my tix, and now I''m thinking I may just forego a veil anyway. I bet FMIL would call them though...I''d love to be there if she does. She''s great at that stuff, hahaha!

I think I''m gonna open a bridal shop in my next life and have the best customer service anyone''s ever seen! It''s like they don''t give a crap because you''re only shopping there once, not like trying to gain a lifetime customer.
20.gif
Stupid stupid!
I know. That''s what I thought.
38.gif

I''m so glad that you did get your tix! Woot! Even better - tell them to stuff their veil.
9.gif
If your FMIL does call them, I would love a recap of the conversation. Teehee.

Good idea. We can be partners. What''s up the terrible service?
Actually, with regards to that, I did run into the BEST bridal shop here in BC. They have the greatest service and are so super nice, flexible and accommodating. I would love nothing better than to give them my business, however, the dress that I like that they sell is way out of my budget, regardless of any consideration that they have offered so ... now, I''m stuck trying to decide which shop to deal with ... which beast is the best? Ugh.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
BB- I just updated your thread in Hangout. I''m sorry that you are still feeling so dreadful, honey. That just sucks. I am praying for you but I''m sorry that I dont'' have any suggestions or solutions to help you deal with that dratted migraine pain.

If you are up to it or actually when you are up to it ... I have a question.

I know that you do some purchasing online via ebay, etsy etc. I''m wondering if you''ve ever sold anything that way.

I never have and am in a situation where I will need to but I haven''t a clue about how to go about doing so. If it''s any indication, I just set up a Paypal account today!
23.gif
I''m so Dark Ages it''s not even funny.
Anyways ... my question is ... how do I deal with payment if I have a serious buyer. I want to ensure that the buyer gets the merchandise and that I receive payment. I am so ashamed as it seems like such a stupid question but I really have no clue. Lame, I know. Any advice would be great.
35.gif

Please don''t think about it or respond tonight if you are not up to it! I''m serious young lady ... besides ... you are studying, right?
34.gif
9.gif

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
OMG - you have impeccable taste! I love all the pics you posted.... The gown is divine and I''m also loving the STD a lot! Wow!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Islandgirl - She does have a great sense of style, doesn''t she?!

Hey BB - I hope that you did amazingly well on your exams, despite your challenges. How are your headaches? Any results back yet?? I''ve been worried.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
aww ya''ll are too sweet :)

Well good news.. I didnt have to take my test.... bad news... I do have a well-circumscribed lesion in the deep white matter of the right frontal love near the corpus callosum... As of right now, they dont know what it is or what it is from. It could have been caused by the accident... which I dont think it was at all because of its location but thats just me... or it could be something I have had all a long and when I hit my head I agitated it and that is why its causing so many problems now. They just put me on pain killers for my headaches.. and i started physical therapy because I have a sprained inflammed neck muscle really bad... woohoo... I have to get another mri in 3 months to see what is going on with the lesion... As much as I want to believe its nothing.. I know my body and I know myself and I know its not "nothing". I mean I guess it is good that they didnt send me to the neurologist but at the same time Im still worried because I have been having bad headaches since october...maybe a little longer... I told my fiance and my mother that if my headaches havent gone away by March 1 then I am going to a neurologist to get a second opinion because everytime I have ever had a problem with myself they can NEVER seem to diagnose me... I also may have them put me on some kind of anxiety pills because it stresses me out KNOWING there is something there and NOT knowing EXACTLY what it is ya know? I try to stay calm but when I cant sleep.. its all I think about... its just scary to think something is on your brain ya know... Its also hard knowing I wont have a definite answer that it isnt anything until May 1st ya know?? But I am trying to distract myself... Im just thankful my teacher understood and is letting me take my test at a later time because I tried to stay up last night studying but I was so freaken distracted!

Oh another note... I was being bad and browsing JBs site and pulled up the dress you have been looking at and FI goes... "That dress is REALLY pretty!" I was like I know i keep staring at it! :) Have you decided yet?????

I also cant get the fact that I kinda want a lace dress out of my mind! talk me out of it! LOL I keep telling myself I LOVE my dress and I dont want a lace dress because I HATE flowers but... I dunno I keep seeing the Monique Lluillier Scarlet dress and think hmmm that is pretty where I can I get one! LOL obviously I could never afford it but one that looks like it!
Ill post a pic for you...

Oh and I had to work today...and tomrorow and sat but guess what I am doing.. GETTING PAID TO PLAY WITH PUPPIES! LOL I cant believe I am getting paid to play with puppies! Ill have to post a pic for you! :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and OF course its not letting me post pics! click me

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi - Good to hear from you. Yay for not having to take your test! Hopefully you''ll be able to take it next week or something when you are less stressed, right?

Wow - that''s a mouthful. I can only imagine how terrifying it is to learn of this lesion but it''s better, I think, that they found something and some sort of explanation for your headaches than not finding anything at all and having no reason for them, right? Kinda ... I''m thinking that, yes, maybe something about the way you were jarred with the accident either caused or exascerbated the problem making your symptoms intensify. Hopefully, the physical therapy will help ease some of your pain b/c some of it could be stemming from the neck muscle strain.

Hmm ... 3 mos. I wonder why they want you to wait that long. It does seem like a long time when you are the one worrying about it, right? Please don''t get too anxious. About a year ago or so they found spots on my cousin''s liver. We were all terrified but it really turned out to be nothing. They were removed and she has been okay. I second your thoughts to get a second opinion from a neurologist! If there is something that I believe it is that people should take ownership of their healthcare and NOT just listen to doctors b/c they simply cannot know it all. Several years ago I was attacked by a Rottweiler and I had a major bite wound on my leg that became severly infected. The nurses at the treatment center didn''t believe me when I told them that it was infected b/c they didn''t see any overt symptoms, i.e., pus, redness, offensive smell etc. I knew it was though... I insisted that they call the doctor to look at the wound before they cleaned it and after further exam she discovered that I had a SEVERE infection and needed to be treated aggressively right away. I always reflect on that and think that if I had not taken ownership of my health, I could very easily have lost a my leg. As you said ... you know yourself. Get a second opinion and make sure that they figure it out. No answer is not good enough.

Please try to avoid any anxiety medication if you don''t absolutely need it. That stuff can be crazy addictive. Is there anything else you can do to assist you with managing your stress? I know that when something is on your mind, especially something like this, it is really hard to shake but you are such a strong person, BB. Try to think positively and focus on the things that make you smile or bring you pleasure and it will make it easier to get through this difficult and stressful time!

Browsing JB, huh?! You ARE naughty.
27.gif
Oh, really??!! Which one did your fi say he liked - Eliz2 or Libbie? I still can''t decide which to go with. I want both but can''t necessarily justify both right now. Which one do you say? Which do you think that I should go with? and ... why?
9.gif

Ah ... Boo to a lace dress. Your dress is going to be amazing and you so don''t need a lace dress. Your dress says "glamor" so much more elegantly than does lace ... then again, I might be biased b/c I am not much of a lace girl either. Would you consider getting that beautiful ML dress preowned? Although you don''t need it ... if you want it, maybe preowned will be the way to go?

Playing with puppies and getting paid for it?! That''s fantastic. How could your day be better, right? What type of puppies? I bet that they were just adorable!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to respond real quick that he LOVED the Eliz2 (the JH one) but i gotta go to bed I havent gotten much sleep lately and FI is going to KILL me!

Ill finsih responding tomorrow after I get home from work and physical therapy! :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Gaah, BB & FI! You''re killing me here!! I was going to do the other one. OR I may just do both.
31.gif

Nighty night ... Sleep well!
5.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooooohhhhhh BB!!

Guess what I did??!!
31.gif
27.gif
36.gif

My sincerest appreciation for your assistance - I would still be lost and searching had you not offered a brilliant solution.
I can''t wait to see what it looks like. I hope it''s as wonderful as I think that it will be.
I went for the silk, a built-in corset & extended train
18.gif

How are you feeling, love? Doing okay? I''ve been worried and I haven''t had time to post (coincidentally, my aunt was also in a car accident and her car was written off so I''ve been helping her try to find a new car) but I''ve been lurking to see if you have updated anything about how you are feeling or any new results etc.

Big ((HUGS)), kiddo. You''re such a trooper.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hey I never saw you write this... I have been just layin'' low.... I havent been feeling too bad.. my neck and stuff are still killing me though and its making me sleep really weird which then causes more pain! I just cant win!!! I have been trying to get caught back up on my school work... blah! I just have one test to take on friday.. and i still havent studied.. I really need too.. LOL i know im bad! I will spend ALL of tomorrow.. AWAY from my computer and STUDYING my little heart out! :) I really wanna push it back till Monday but I know I wont study over the weekend either and then it will just keep getting delayed... may as well get it over with on friday!!!

What do you think of this dress for my trash the dress?? I was looking on JB but they will all still be in the $300-$400 range just for a TTD and that just seems silly! This one is only $200 so not bad... and I might be able to sell it afterwords and get some money back.. I might have my mom alter the neckline a little to make it more like MY dress :) Obviously might add some bling too it too! :) I think I am jsut trying to stay away from getting a dress I might fall in love with.. hence some of the JB dresses I think I might fall in love with! So I am trying to stay away from doing that!! When is your ETA???? Probably close to mine right? Im so freaken out I want my dresss like YESTERDAY! Its killing me not to have reassurance of what I ordered ya know? I keep second guessing myself!

My FI is getting sick now because of me.. so my house is full of sick people and sick kitties.. well Enzo the white fluffy one has like worms or something and I gave him and my other kitties medicine for it tonight and some ear might medicine because they have been scratching their ears alot and they BOTH got sick and BOTH threw up... ewwwie I made FI clean it up LOL.. I cant stand puke and he cant stop kitty pop.. we are definitely a pair! They also STILL have fleas.. I am going freaken crazy we have tried EVERYTHING! I dont even know where they got them from! They NEVER had them before.. and then when we moved to this place they have them ALL the freaken time! I cant stand it... my poor babies itchin''! I tried VERY expensive flea medicine.. flea bath.. flea collar... we sprayed our apt with flea crap.. GAHHh Im going nuts! I gotta do some more research and find out what to do!

Ok well bed time! Let me know what you think! I might just order it.... hmmmm.... my credit card hates me.. LOL

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
okay so i bought it LOL it was the only 1 left!!! I am too scared to buy a dress on peridress or ebay for ttd... Id rather just get a cheapy from DB and hopefull I can resell it :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hey BB I love that dress for TTD! It''s really pretty! Not as pretty as your actual dress will be of course...
2.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SUnnyD!!!! Well I cant get over your dress.. I love it.. it makes me want a lace dress.. and i despise lace! LOL I hope it fits when I get it LOL... Im like a size 2 but lately I have lost alot of weight since my BA and not feeling well.. not that I dont mind LOL.. but I am going to go to the gym to try to keep it off :) But I ordered a 4... it should fit.. only thing I think might not fit are my big tatas! LOL well not as big as before.. they are DEFINITELY smaller now! :) I will promise to post pics!

I just noticed its my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TODAY WITH PS!! Even though i wasnt very active when I first joined! But woohoo!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
You better post pics!
9.gif

Yay for anniversaries! Hee!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that you haven''t been feeling too bad - hang in there! Good luck on your test! You will do fine. ... I hope that you are not reading this right now ... you should be studying!
25.gif

LOVE the dress. Perfect price point for a ttd dress. I think that once you get your little paws on it and glam it up just the way you want it ... it will be fab!

Eta - April 14. You''ll get yours before I get mine so you can give me the scoop and fill me in on what you think. I want mine now too. It''s ridiculous. It took me longer to choose it than it will for it to be completed and I''m impatient??! You keep second guessing yourself?! You have no idea sister. I''m putting most of my eggs in this basket and my wedding is in September ... If this doesn''t work out I will be devastated and super stressed. I have to have faith that it will be up to my expectations. How about this ... we''ll reassure each other??
41.gif

Sorry about the sick FI and kitties. That sucks. Worms - ick! Luckily worm medicine is effective and will fix Enzo baby right up. Poor thing. Fleas are the worst. My cat, Cuddles, had fleas once. It took forever to get rid of them. We had to spray the entire house with expensive flea stuff and we had to keep washing the bedding and deep cleaning everywhere in the house b/c if there are flea babies anywhere the fleas just won''t go away. It took a long time but thankfully we got rid of them. You are just going to have to keep bombing your house and become relentless about finding/getting rid of flea larvae. It''s annoying but you''ll get em ... just keep fighting!

Love the dress - glad you bought it. When do you receive it?

Happy PS Anniversary!!
36.gif
So glad you joined as are many other Brides in Waiting, I suspect!!

Oh ... One of my bm''s bailed on me. Ugh. I was disappointed and sad b/c I really did want her to be there and to be a part of our celebration but figure that its for the best. It''s better to not have her there if she doesn''t want to be there than to just be there and bring everyone else down. It''s one of those weird "friendships" where you have known each other forever but now you may have just outgrown each other ... Oh well. One less wedding related drama to deal with.
21.gif

Do you have your bm''s yet?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Do you know anything about veils? I went looking yesterday and fell in love with a Toni Federici one but I would prefer not to spend that type of money on a veil ... Where do you get a nice one online and know what you are choosing? It seems so hard to tell online b/c you have to fit them on, right?

I want a Cathedral length veil with lots of sparkle. It has to be tiered around my face and can''t just go straight down b/c that isn''t that flattering on me. Do you get what I''m saying? It''s hard to describe.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I was studying until FI came home LOL...

They havent sent me an email as to when it should arrive... hopefully sooner than later LOL... I just think I just want a dress to put on and dance around in :)

I think we are going to flea bomb the house when we go down to his parents for SB... woohoo.. NOT lol.. we only live in a 1 bedroom... so it shouldnt be bad.. hopefully not... I think they got them from his parents house when they were down there while we were moving... their dog goes out alot so I think that is how they got them.. poor furbabies...

kitties are feeling much better today though... i think just all of it made their tummies hurt.. but they are good now.. being their crazy selves!

Yes we will definitely have to reassure each other... I dont have any worry that yours wont come out awesome because oviously its a pattern they have made before ya know???

Im just nervous since mine is a new pattern or whatever ya know?? But I obvoiusly have WAY more time than you do! :)

You need to join projectwedding.com! its so fun! and my name is the same! sunnyd is on it too! its really fun!!

that sucks about your BM... I dont have any and I dont plan to have any... I just dont want to deal with ANY of that stress with people dropping out.. all of that coordinating crap together and people being late... i just said NO thanks! LOL plus I dont have any really good gfs.. well I do... but I dont hang out with them that much so I just decided against it and plus FI would have like 10 GMs! So we just figured its easier to just tell everyone we want the focus to just be on us that day ;-)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Don''t they send a confirmation email once your order has been placed?? They did for me ... just estimating 2 mos.

Oh no ... maybe you should flea bomb the parent''s place while you are at it so that you don''t bring any home and reinfest your place?? That just sucks.

Glad the kitties are feeling better! It''s so sad when they are not.
7.gif

I''m not worried about yours because it''s just so fabulous. Even if it''s not *exactly* as you envisioned, it should still be amazing!

Just joined and found you guys. You''re going to have to show me the ropes. Not sure where to start.

Smart lady - no bm''s = less stress!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Hey BB sorry to threadjack, but I just wanted to comment on the flea bombing. FF and I live in a 1 bedroom as well. Our dog (who is CONSISTANTLY treated for fleas through treatments, pills, and baths) got a bad case of fleas this year... well Dec/Jan. When we got home from christmas break we spotted ONE flea on her and decided to bomb the place. We had only been seeing a few at a time and would give her a bath and medicine, but as soon as we came back here and got that one thats when we decided. We bought the RAID stuff you can get at walmart (it's not in the pet section fyi... not sure where i'd have to ask FF).

Anyways, we set it off and came back about two hours later. It takes a LOT of work, even in a one bedroom. We literally had EVERYTHING either on the balcony, crammed in the bathroom, or covered with a sheet. Everything in the closet (we own a LOT of clothes and junk) had to be taken out. It was a pain in the butt. I even sprinkled and sprayed flea stuff on the floors before we bombed. It was a mess.

Now that I have told you how much work it was.... I think it was a waste, because we never saw any on us or in the carpet. Only on her, which I think was from outside. I think it is because of the weather in FL and it has been a bad flea season overall. I would say the only thing that really works (besides an exterminator) is to give them baths every single day for a few days (about 3) with flea shampoo, followed by medication on the 4th day. I freaked out because of the fleas. I hate them and this really worked for us. It was a friend that suggested doing that bath thing and she NEVER gives her pets flea medication and that is what she does if they get any. So far that has worked for us and she has been flea free for just over a month. Yay!

Worms are caused by eating the fleas so hopefully you can get rid of them so you don't have to keep treating the worms.

Sorry this is so long. I just thought I'd offer my annoying battle with fleas and hopefully save you from pulling apart your apartment if they aren't in your carpet, etc. Good luck! :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
omg thank you! yes we tried i believe the raid too! it didnt work :( I guess next week since I wont be too busy i will be bathing and defleaing them EVERY day! and then Ill put on the medication and flea collars.. and ill spray where I can without taking apart my whole apt! its a mess with wedding crap right now too! Hopefully it will all be out and at my mommas though this weekend! I just feel so bad watching my poor babies scratch themseleves! and they both got sick from worm medicine and ear medicine yesterday! my older cat peekachoo NEVER got fleas.. like NEVER even at my moms where she was outside alot she would never get them and if she did it was only a few and they werent bad.. and these are BAD I cant figure it out.. but ya it really got bad in like Oct/Nov I believe... we had ants when we first moved in and they said it was from the bad weather and ran and crap... gahhhh LOL... Ill let you know if it works!

Sparks- Ill message you on PW its easier! :) Ill also PM you about veils on PW too... well it wont be till friday because I gotta study for my test on friday but after that Ill be back in FULL force! I already got one test out of the way and I got a 98% woohoo!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hiya BB! Just wanted to check in to see how your exam went and to say YAYAYAYAYYYAY ... it''s over! Congrats!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ummm... my exam went okay... but afterwords I went to my physical therapy appt which is next to the DR I was seeing for my accident.. he came over and asked how I was feeling and I told him that I was still getting pretty dizzy and still had headaches and he said when I was done to go over and see him.. Well when he was examining me.. apparently my balance is really off on my right side.. and it hurts when i look up and to the left really bad... i still am getting the sharp pains and I am transposing stuff... like Ill say something in my head right and then I will write it down wrong... happened on my test and studying for my test... he said my balance should definitely be getting better.. not worse.. and apparently its getting alot worse! So I have to go see a neurologist ASAP he said.. he went out and then came back in a little while later and said he was looking at the my stuff and apparently the radiologists didnt agree at all with what was in my head.. what my lesion was... GREAT! So its off to a neurologist for me on Monday! He said if they didnt get me in ASAP to call him and he told get me in ASAP... so ya..... no more fun again! booo!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Glad the exam went okay. and ... although it''s not great news, I''m actually glad that you ran into the doctor and he was able to further assess your progress. This is good news - You have someone''s attention and he is pulling for you and fighting to ensure that you get the attention that you need. I believe that this, at times, can be half the battle.

I hope that by seeing the neurologist that you will be on your way to getting some well needed answers to your questions. This is a tough time, BB but you will navigate it and be better for it. I really am very pleased that they are expediting this for you and not leaving it so that you have several months to dwell on it.

Tell fi to take good care of you and if you are up to it ... since you don''t have to study ... get some more of your fab DIY wedding stuff done and that should help lighten your mood and lift your spirits, right?

This might make you laugh ... I''m thinking of making my own veil. Now - don''t get too worried. *I* won''t be making it but my friend has offered to assist me with it ... So sweet of her. I figure that it''s worth of a shot before spending $350 + on the ones that I have seen in the bridal salons that I like. Any pointers for us?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results