shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell us about your proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
here's my story...

i put myself in a really difficult position because i "accidentally" revealed too much of my "secret" proposal plan to my gf out of my own excitement... so she knows i was going to propose, knows how the ring looks, and roughly knows when (Valentine's day)... so the only element left for me is the "how"...

we decided not to go out on V-day coz of the anticipated crowd, and we're both no fan of crowds... so we settled on a nice, home cooked candle light dinner (i guess its partly also because we both think a proposal should be more private).. a video was in the plan after the dinner and since she missed "Bruce Almighty" when it was out she really wanted to watch that, so "Bruce Almighty" it is...

with the above perimeters i came up with a plan...

i went online and searched for "Bruce Almighty" trailers... and found instead parts of the movie for demo purposes.. it was around 10 minutes of the actual movie from the start and it was perfect..

i was going to edit the clip to suit my purpose so after going through the 10 minutes or so, i found the "cheesy inspirational music" scene to be perfect.. warm music, slow motion etc.. its right after the part where they measured the giant cookie (you need to watch the movie to know what i'm talking about)..

following is a recount of what actually happened on that day itself...

after dinner we settled down comfortably and started watching the "movie" on my laptop... at that point of the "cheesy inspirational music" the screen went blank but the music kept going, then came the words "baby.. this guy.." followed by a close up shot of myself, and "... has something to tell you...", and that was followed by "our stuffs".. photos we took... video clips we shot... i also added in a few new scenes i shot specifically for this video as flavor (i actually did a 5 seconds "MC Hammer" bit just to make her laugh), and used part of a song which we both liked as background music.. all in all it was like a little music video documentary of our times together...

the "documentary" ran for about 3.5 minutes and at the end of it was a blank screen with the words "baby..." followed by "would you marry this guy?"

i can tell she was really surprised because she actually hit me out of reflexes at the point when the movie stopped and the "documentary" started... and from there she was so engrossed in the clip that she only got her eyes off the screen after it was all over and the screen auto-closed itself... and by the time she turned around i was one knee on the floor, with a bunch of teddy-flowers in one hand and the ring i got for her in another, and repeated those same words to her... her face was all covered with tears at this point but with the biggest smile and she couldn't speak so all she can do was to keep nodding her head...

for those of you who might be interested, some pictures of the ring and a couple of hand shots (including the teddy-flowers) can be found in this thread... don't expect to see the video though.. i would just kill myself if a third person was to ever see my (really badly done) "MC Hammer" bit..
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

hwman

Rough_Rock
Wow! That''s probably one of the best proposal stories I have heard. Congrats!

lexychoo

Rough_Rock
Our proposal story is so random. We were both just relaxing at home eating junk food and watching TV, when I felt something hard brush against my finger while digging into a bag of chex mix. I pulled it out and it was a greasy engagement ring. I just couldn''t stop laughing! I even forgot to tell him yes. It wasn''t until later that night he was like, "So...you never gave me an answer."
9.gif

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
My husband proposed at the dog park that we take our most excellent boy every day. It was late at night so no one else was there. My dog was running around and couldn''t be less interested. But it was magical. :)

LOVE THESE STORIES.

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
I love these stories.

Here''s ours:

He lived in Boston for about a year, right before we started dating. I used to drive up there every 2 -3 weeks to visit him and that city holds a place in my heart because I feel like we developed our relationship there in its infancy. Our first kiss was on a bridge right near Memorial Drive, right over the Charles River. It was a late night, very cold and he grabbed my arm and we had our first kiss as a couple.

Fast forward 2.5 years, he told me that he was going to kidnap and steal me away for a day. I don''t think he would have even said anything if it weren''t because I mentioned that I was going to visit a friend that weekend. We wound up driving to Boston Friday night. Saturday, we walked around, did some window shopping and he suggested we walk around Cambridge. We wandered over to the river and there was a gorgeous cherry blossom tree at the foot of the bridge. We enjoyed the gorgeous view from the bridge and he took a few pictures. I wound up taking his camera and walking to the tree to take a few pictures. When I walked back, he gave me a great hug and said wonderful things about our future and taking care of each other. Then he took the ring box out and got on one knee... and asked.

It wasn''t glamorous or in a foreign country, but it was us and exactly what I would have liked.

Keep the stories coming!

nosirrah

Rough_Rock
Here''s one more story to share with all of you.

I told my girlfriend that we were going to do an impromptu photoshoot (we''re both photographers) in the hills of Santa Barbara’s wine country. Sometimes we spend so much time photographing for others that we often forget to document our own lives. So when time permits and the weather is pleasant, it’s really nice to do these random photo trips. Plus she''d be totally unsuspecting of why we were really doing a roadtrip.

That morning we grabbed cameras & coffee and headed out to Los Olivos. I had heard it’s a gorgeous area filled with serene views of Santa Barbara, so we thought it would be a nice place to do a meadow shoot. After driving around for a while, we finally found a quiet place in the middle of some open fields. I took a few test photos and then told her it was looking really cool, almost perfect, but I wanted to change one thing. I walked over to her so she could see the camera lcd for herself. As she began flipping through the photos, she came across some photos that I had shot a few days earlier. The lcd images started spelling out the words “annie, will you…” and I got down on one knee.

When we first started dating, we went to Santa Barbara as one of our first weekend getaway trips. We were young and still getting used to the idea of dating each other – everything was fresh with butterflied stomachs in anticipation of what was too come. Now years later, we find ourselves at the same place. Maybe not quite strangers to each other this time, but still with butterflied stomachs, hopelessly excited for what the future holds.

We took a few polaroid photos to remember the moment and then headed off to enjoy the rest of the day in wine country. As we got back into our car, I told her I had one more surprise for her. We were staying the weekend. I had stashed away some of her clothes in a small overnight bag, booked the same hotel that we stayed at years back and we had dinner reservations at the restaurant we ate during our first weekend getaway. I''m told that life is never cyclical and you can never go back, but sometimes it''s nice to try and relive old memories especially when they''re so good. I don''t think either of us will ever forget our weekend and Santa Barbara will always hold a special part in our hearts.

**I tried to embed the video of the photos I took that spelled those four life changing words, but I can''t get the embedding code to work. I think PS doesn''t allow it. Here''s a link (you have to scroll down) to the short timelapse of photos that she flipped through spelling out my proposal.**

SapphireSlippers

Rough_Rock
I do not have a proposal story of my own to share (not yet, anyway) but I just had to comment nosirrah''s proposal. That may be one of the most amazing proposal stories I have ever read. Absolutely beautiful and true to your shared passion of photography. Perfect.

I wish you both every happiness.

SS

LBY00T

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - first post here, and more of a planning one :) See what people think of my idea!!

Currently working in the Whitsundays (tropical australia) and my GF is still living a long way away, but looking to come up shortly for a visit.

I wanted to make an amazing weekend of it, as she has never been to this part of the world and its simply gorgeous this time of year.
Day 1: Short boat ride out to Whitehaven Beach, where we will be dropped off to spend the rest of the day enjoying the sights and exploring.
Surprise overnight stay on Whitehaven, camping under the stars with the world famous beach all to ourselves.
Following morning peaceful breakfast followed by an early morning walk along the beach. I am planning on having a secretly marked spot - to find
a message in a bottle hidden in the sand, with the proposal written inside - and ring in my pocket.

Hopefully following succesful morning - another boat ride out onto the great barrier reef, to spend the afternoon and night in a luxury suite aboard
floating pontoon, with private dining by sunset and access to underwater viewing area 24hrs. Snorkelling optional :)

So - thats the plan currently! Any extra ideas or if someone see''s a fatal flaw please let me know :D

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I woke up one morning, my now husband was still asleep. I staggered downstairs and into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. So I'm brushing away and humming, when I glance in the mirror and notice a diamond on my left hand that I KNOW wasn't there when I fell asleep.

I ran upstairs and said "HEY!" and he woke up with a start. I was shaking and going "What's this?" He was all sleep disoriented haha and I was frantic.

He told me to come sit by the bed and said. "Good morning, darling. I love you. You are the woman I want to see next to me every morning when I wake up. Will you marry me?"

Then we had a celebratory breakfast at our favorite diner. It was low key and special.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Nashville said:
I woke up one morning, my now husband was still asleep. I staggered downstairs and into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. So I'm brushing away and humming, when I glance in the mirror and notice a diamond on my left hand that I KNOW wasn't there when I fell asleep.

I ran upstairs and said "HEY!" and he woke up with a start. I was shaking and going "What's this?" He was all sleep disoriented haha and I was frantic.

He told me to come sit by the bed and said. "Good morning, darling. I love you. You are the woman I want to see next to me every morning when I wake up. Will you marry me?"

Then we had a celebratory breakfast at our favorite diner. It was low key and special.

Aw I love this!! So sweet!

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
To celebrate the 2 year anniversary of our first date, David booked a wine tour and dinner at the vineyard in Grand Pre. Before arriving at the vineyard, we decided to stop at the botanical gardens by the church just around the corner. Even more beautiful than the gardens was the spot where all the willow trees were, surrounded by ponds with ducks and hundreds of dragonflies hovering above them. I had never seen so many dragon flies in my life! It was so mystical and dream-like, I truely felt like I was planted right in the middle of a fairytale! I even remember sitting there on the bench where he cleared a spot for me of any fallen leaves, looking at the hundreds of dragonflies above the ponds, thinking that I felt like I was in a dream. It was surreal. I will never forget it.

After taking a few pictures of the the ducks, bull frogs and of each other, and after I had sat down on the bench, David crouched down in front of me and his face just inches away from mine, arms around me and looking deep into my eyes had said, " I guess this would be the perfect spot to ask you to marry me", and me not thinking he was actually asking me at that very moment, said something like "Yes it would", and then before I knew it and just like magic he had brought his hand out in front of me holding the ring! Then he asked "Would you marry me?", and of course I said YES!!! Then with his hands shaking he began to put the ring on my finger, but grabbed the wrong hand at first!..lol...he was very nervous! Both of us get choked up reliving that moment and trying to retell the story of how it happened. It was a moment in time we both will never forget, and it couldn't have been more perfect!

So from now on that willow tree is our willow tree :) The one that he asked me to marry him under! We will visit there every year on our anniversary:)

35198_447711866997_608746997_6431659_3469905_n.jpg

38069_447711041997_608746997_6431624_4329339_n.jpg

35104_447658576997_608746997_6430290_2421938_n.jpg

37687_448272811997_608746997_6446360_6311477_n.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
@davidsbfly-
Wow, this sounds perfect. Simple, private, and romantic, which the added bonus of being able to visit that exact spot. :appl:

tapio

Shiny_Rock
From Tapio,

I love seeing the mens rings sections. Realizing women are probably the highest jewelry consumers, but men are beginning to enjoy wearing jewelry as well.

Would it be possible to develop sections in the mens department: rings, cufflinks, tie appearal, shirt studs? Just an idea.
Sincerely,
Tapio

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Steve and I met 7 years ago when working together at a retirement community in their television studio. They produce a daily morning show for the residents of the community. We were best friends for 5 of those years. During that time, both of us were dating other people. We were never single at the same time. In November of 2008, we found ourselves both single and I made the first move. It was the best idea I ever had :). I've never been in a more loving relationship! He's the greatest guy I've ever met (and most people we know agree whole heartedly!)

A couple of months ago I got a phone call from our best friend, Josh, who still works at the community where we met. He said that they were going to be taping a "reunion" show for all of the old studio employees. The show happened on December 16th after work. We were the last to be interviewed and we went on as a couple. Josh interviewed us and we talked about the jobs we've had since then and revealed our relationship. Then Steve got down on one knee and proposed!

But that's not all-- Our entire family and all of our friends were down the hall in the "Garden Room" for the engagement party... and they had just watched it happen live!
It was crazy and so much fun! We've got video of the proposal to show those who couldn't make it and to remember the moment forever. Oh-- and it actually IS a real show, so the residents of the retirement community will get to enjoy it as well :)
I still can't believe so many people were involved and I had NO idea! He had a special email account set up to coordinate the whole thing, everyone was sworn to secrecy! He even had conference calls with our friends to work out all of the logistics.

I'm also really impressed with how well he did with the ring! He picked it out with absolutely zero input from me and he took my dad with him :)
He ALSO got me off work on Friday (he proposed on Thursday) so we could start our weekend getaway early. We went to Seven Springs resort for snowboarding and then went to the Steelers game on Sunday. What an unforgettable, amazing weekend.

Here's the video: http://gallery.me.com/breamarie#100566/Engagment_Short-H.264%20800Kbps&bgcolor=black

Engagement.jpg

She Said Yes! 028.JPG

steelers & ring.jpg

markjnj

Rough_Rock
Nice, Simple and Surprised Her....!!!

It was our monthiversary, a month before our 4 year anniversary...She expected things to happen on our anniversary but I couldn't let that happen. So she has been feeling under the weather and decided to spend the night at her parents rather than my place which actually worked out. I pretended that I was going to work that day, and had been texting her from my work number, etc. when in reality I was home putting my plan into motion. I went to the store to get my ingredients...flowers, cards, cupcake gel decoration etc. at 6 in the morning...I got home set up the flowers and my card on the counter. Worked on my proposal idea, setup cameras b/c I know she'd want to see and remember it later, and had my music ready. Ok, so this was the plan. I'd tell her I had a surprise for her at my place, she'd come over, here the music see the flowers and card on the counter and think it was just for our monthiversary, thinking that was the surprise, but then she'll see me home from work and think the surprise was that I took off of work, butttt adter she sits at the counter and done reading the card I tell her I made her breakfast, and go to the oven, where I have a plate w/the ring on it, I bring it to her and propose and bang it's all done...
pic1_2.jpg propose.jpg

markjnj

Rough_Rock
Nice, Simple and Surprised Her....!!!

It was our monthiversary, a month before our 4 year anniversary...She expected things to happen on our anniversary but I couldn't let that happen. So she has been feeling under the weather and decided to spend the night at her parents rather than my place which actually worked out. I pretended that I was going to work that day, and had been texting her from my work number, etc. when in reality I was home putting my plan into motion. I went to the store to get my ingredients...flowers, cards, cupcake gel decoration etc. at 6 in the morning...I got home set up the flowers and my card on the counter. Worked on my proposal idea, setup cameras b/c I know she'd want to see and remember it later, and had my music ready. Ok, so this was the plan. I'd tell her I had a surprise for her at my place, she'd come over, here the music see the flowers and card on the counter and think it was just for our monthiversary, thinking that was the surprise, but then she'll see me home from work and think the surprise was that I took off of work, butttt adter she sits at the counter and done reading the card I tell her I made her breakfast, and go to the oven, where I have a plate w/the ring on it, I bring it to her and propose and bang it's all done...
pic1_2.jpg propose.jpg

alvina

Rough_Rock
hey that was so sweet. i hope mine one proposes me in the same way.

alvina

Rough_Rock
hi.... that was the perfect one like a fairy tale

vassallo

Rough_Rock
I have read some post by user. I write very well about proposal.. Thanks for share views

SpecialSundae

Rough_Rock
His story:

I remembered that SpecialSundae had said that when I proposed I should give her a bottle of Dom Perignon. I went to Costco to try to get it and couldn’t find it, as they’d moved it and started to stress out. I was so relieved when I found it. She had been nagging me for months to propose already (as we’d agreed earlier in the year that we’d get married in 2012).

I already had the ring hidden in the house, so I attached it to the neck of the bottle with a ribbon and sealed the box up again, before wrapping it and hiding it in the cupboard to wait for Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Eve, when her brother and my best friend had joined us for dinner, I sat with one eye on the clock planning to fetch the box from the cupboard at five to twelve as it wasn’t Christmas Day. Having previously agreed not to propose on Christmas Day due to the stresses of family invasions and a large dinner to prepare, I wanted to sneak it in just before the strike of twelve.

So at five to twelve, or so I thought, I fetched the box from the cupboard (please see her story below) to later discover that the watch I hadn’t worn since the summer was an hour slow and I’d proposed at five to eleven.

My story:

To all intents and purposes, we’d been engaged for AGES. G had the ring (which my grandma had given to my brother to give to him) and we’d even chosen a venue and had an idea on dates, but the months dragged on and still he hadn’t asked that all important question.

On Christmas Eve, we’d invited loads of friends over and I’d made a big meal… but on the night only my brother and his best friend had turned up.

Just after we’d finished the main course, he disappeared into the cupboard and came out with a gift-wrapped box the size and shape of one that would contain a bottle. I asked him if I should open it now or wait for Christmas morning.

My brother was convinced that it was a bottle of whisky and was therefore very keen that the bottle was opened there and then. G agreed that I should open it, so I peeled back the paper on the top of the box to see the words “Dom Perignon 2002”.

I burst into tears as I knew what it meant. Both of our guests looked utterly confused.

G told me to go on and finish opening the box. So I did, but it looked like it was still sealed. I looked over at him, expecting him to go down on one knee with a smaller box and say those little words, but he told me to go on opening it.

I split the seal and there, tied to the neck of the bottle, was my lovely ring. By this point G was also in tears and couldn’t really get any words out so my brother said, “SpecialSundae, will you marry G?” and swiftly escorted the best friend out of the room so that G could get down on one knee and slip the ring on my finger.

We kept the Dom to share with our parents the next day, but it was a perfect proposal (even if I did have to wait months for it).

Here's the ring with the champagne.

164115_10150119434891223_702446222_8087829_2426102_n.jpg

132753_10150130141746223_702446222_8273097_5340571_o.jpg

209699_10150151544827773_758287772_6649785_5230106_o(2).jpg

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Justean|1206095998|1260604 said:
my husband  proposed to me in the fridge section of our local supermarket, over some yoghurts.we have been together for 13 years now and married for 8.
1.gif

I love it :).. why the grocery store?

mclewis33

Rough_Rock
Awesome Marriage Proposal! (Plane, Field, Piano, Coldplay)

The video explains it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYppoHKrQyc&feature=youtu.be

But the story goes,
One morning Micah picked up Rachel, blindfolded her, and took her to a small airport. Micah is a pilot in Tampa, Florida, and Rachel had never flown with him before. Once at the hangar, where the small plane was waiting that Micah had rented, he removed her blindfold. They boarded the plane and he flew her over some of their favorite places (beaches, park, etc.). After that they flew over a familiar pasture, and he jokingly said, “Let’s try landing on that.” Rachel thought he was nuts. He flew over the field once, signaling the photographer and videographer to take their positions. The second time around he landed on an airstrip that he recently mowed. He taxied near the tree line, and they got out and began walking around. Not far into the walk, Rachel spotted an upright piano that Micah had placed in the middle of the pasture. He led her over to it, sat her down, and began playing her favorite song, The Scientist, by Coldplay. This song had been revised with words written specifically for Rachel. After playing and singing to her, Micah got on his knee, said some special words, and asked her to marry him. SHE SAID YES!!!

IMG_0996edit%201.jpg

travio

Rough_Rock
One month and I will let you know how mine goes! brief overview - I am telling my girlfriend I will be out of town that day, while I have all of her girlfriends take her out, breakfast, lunch, shopping, mani/pedi, spa, then at the end of the day I will be waiting for her down by the beach with all of her friends that took her out that day. I will go into detail more once it finally happens so TBA!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Nashville|1278987661|2642868 said:

I LOVE this!!!! I think this is one of my favorites. :love: It's so sweet and unexpected.

michael6008

Rough_Rock
The beach proposal
I have planning to propose my best friend for marriage. I think a diamond cocktail ring is a best proposal gift to her. next week we will go together on a beach. i want to propose her there. This is my first proposal so please give me some suggestion.

Rfs3125

Rough_Rock
I was proposed to n the beach in Aruba!

CTMedic

Rough_Rock
This past weekend I took her away to Boston to see a RedSox game. I know she's been expecting for some time now since we've been ring shopping for months and recently stopped, so I wanted to keep it somewhat spontaneous. I put together a picnic basket and we had an evening snack with some wine in the Public Gardens. After we finished up (and she could sense by tension :???: ), I told her we should get someone to take a couple pictures of us. So I asked someone nearby (who was fiddling with their camera and taking photos.. so I figured they'd be a good choice) to take a picture of us with the pond in the background. As he was taking a picture I said something along the lines of "You know, I thought it'd be cool to have pictures to show our children and grandchildren of the day I asked you to marry me.." and got down on one knee and proceded to ask her to marry me. Probably not as super romatic as it could have been, but it worked :)

Ring pics for those interested https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-cushion-halo.180203/

photo_117.jpg

photo_118.jpg

doc dogg

Rough_Rock
I was planning to wait a few days after UPS dropped off the ring, but everything was set so I did it about 2 hours ago :D

Originally I was going to wait until I had a dog and then put a bow tie on him and train him to hold a banner in his mouth. Unfortunately we bought a cat, so I had to improvise :) I laminated the proposal and tied it to his collar with the ring sticky taped to it. I threw a bit of paper across the room so he chased it and ended up in front of Lauren. When she picked him up to pat him she noticed the little sign and the ring. She saw me smiling and said "Of course".

Here is a photo

ring02.jpg

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
doc dogg|1391405047|3606825 said:
I was planning to wait a few days after UPS dropped off the ring, but everything was set so I did it about 2 hours ago :D

Originally I was going to wait until I had a dog and then put a bow tie on him and train him to hold a banner in his mouth. Unfortunately we bought a cat, so I had to improvise :) I laminated the proposal and tied it to his collar with the ring sticky taped to it. I threw a bit of paper across the room so he chased it and ended up in front of Lauren. When she picked him up to pat him she noticed the little sign and the ring. She saw me smiling and said "Of course".

Here is a photo

ring02.jpg

This is so cute :D

DF proposed while on a picnic at an arboretum. It was perfect for us :)

We walked into a gorgeous meadow and had a picnic lunch he had packed. After we ate, he said all the nice mushy things he loved about me and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. :)) I couldn't have been more excited or happy in that moment! We had some champagne, spent the afternoon just us two, then went out and celebrated with our siblings and my best friend.

linxip1989

Rough_Rock
i have a video for it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results