clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/15/2009 7:23:45 PM
Author: AprilBaby

Well, now having read ALL the posts, I feel like I have died and gone to gold heaven! I do not own a LOT of high end gold, but rather a lot of diamond jewelry with yg.

I will continue to follow with great interest although I probably won''t have enough knowledge to contribute too often!

Your posting contains a lot of good news, AprilBaby! First, I cannot believe you read the entire thread! That is like reading Ulysses or War and Peace! Second, it is great to hear that you have a diamond and yellow gold collection, because now we can call on you to share photos of it with us! And, third, it is wonderful to hear that we have gained another convert to the gold thread! Those of us who hang out here tend to favor this thread. I think it is fair to say that like MZ (Movie Zombie)-who expressed above that this was her favorite thread in the entire forum-that some of us other regulars here feel the same way. I know that I do. This thread is my anchor. I am so glad you have joined us!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the welcome! I will get my little collection together on Wed when I am off and post some photos! I feel like I am coming down with the flu tonight
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif
. Its good to see other gold lovers as it seems all I read on the other threads is about rhodium plating and platinum! The is nothing as rich and buttery as GOLD!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
BTW, I love to read also and I thoroughly enjoyed the NINETEEN pages of information! Am I right to assume most of us here are about 50?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/15/2009 7:44:08 PM

Am I right to assume most of us here are about 50?

I won't speak for the others (I know Harriet is a mere babe), but I shall never see 50 again! Even my baby cousin is now, I believe, 52 ;-). I am wrong. She is about to turn 52 at the end of this month! She is the youngest amongst us, a group of five.

Deb
34.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks! I haven''t been able to get through the entire thread here, but I thought I would contribute my favorite Alex Sepkus pieces. I''m starting to get a ''thing'' for yellow gold again; and my favorite pieces are artisan in look rather than ''expected'' pieces.

Let''s see if I''ve got the right sizes on these photos:

rose cut diamond ring sepkus.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
And:

alex sepkus band.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
And:

alex sepkus band 2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coati was looking for a 24K band for her mother's 60th birthday. I came across this site on Etsy. The owner makes custom wedding bands in 24K gold and they are very lovely indeed! (There are other gold pieces on the site including some gorgeous, yellow, handmade, 18K wedding bands! There are also pieces in white gold, platinum, and sterling silver. It is very eclectic.) I thought that some of you might want to take a peak!

Deb
34.gif

Etsy Site

beyondtherockzweddingbands.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, can I like yellow gold too, even tho I''m only 34?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb! Sharon! I took the hubby to Buccellati to show him the collection I like.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/15/2009 11:23:56 PM
Author: packrat

Hey, can I like yellow gold too, even tho I'm only 34?

Well...I almost said that we took a vote and decided to make an exception for you, packrat, but sometimes my jokes get me into trouble on Pricescope ;-). Of course we want you! I liked yellow gold all my life, even as a young girl and a teenager. I suspect that many girls growing up now, will, too since it is going to be so fashionable. So there is no reason why very young women shouldn't/wouldn't be attracted to this thread if they have the time. They often have more pressing matters on their minds, however, like engagment rings; weddings; etcetera. The true Pricescopers hang around here after they are married and some discuss houses and babies and some may find threads about other pieces of jewelry that they like. It is among those that I would expect to find young women interested in this thread.

BTW, I really should say that some of our current active posters are women in their 20's or 30's.

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/16/2009 1:23:12 AM
Author: Harriet

2.gif

And you two are newlyweds so we know what that means.... Little...or maybe not so little...Buccellatis are going to be joining the two of you in your love nest in the near future. Congratulations. You are expecting. ;-)

Major hugs to a most deserving friend,
Deb
34.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 11:23:56 PM
LOL! Packrat, I''m only 30, and I love yellow gold! All of my jewelry is YG, and I would never change it!
9.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS, You find the most exquisite stuff! Those rings are Gorgeous! BTW, is you avetar Michigan?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 6:24:39 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:

2.gif

And you two are newlyweds so we know what that means.... Little...or maybe not so little...Buccellatis are going to be joining the two of you in your love nest in the near future. Congratulations. You are expecting. ;-)

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Well said! My morning chuckle...but please Harriet--don''t keep us waiting long about the details (you know how we LIKE details....
1.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:11:07 AM
HollyS, You find the most exquisite stuff! Those rings are Gorgeous! BTW, is you avetar Michigan?

Thanks; I''m usually inspired by Deb to find the most interesting sites.
2.gif

My avatar is Wildseed Farms in Fredericksburg, Texas. The building is their big ''barn'' that houses their retail shop; and the flowers in the foreground are their poppy fields. Their website is www.wildseedfarms.com .

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 6:18:55 AM

Date:
2/15/2009 11:23:56 PM

Well...I almost said that we took a vote and decided to make an exception for you, packrat, but sometimes my jokes get me into trouble on Pricescope ;-). Of course we want you! I liked yellow gold all my life, even as a young girl and a teenager. I suspect that many girls growing up now, will, too since it is going to be so fashionable. So there is no reason why very young women shouldn''t/wouldn''t be attracted to this thread if they have the time. They often have more pressing matters on their minds, however, like engagment rings; weddings; etcetera. The true Pricescopers hang around here after they are married and some discuss houses and babies and some may find threads about other pieces of jewelry that they like. It is among those that I would expect to find young women interested in this thread.

BTW, I really should say that some of our current active posters are women in their 20''s or 30''s.

Deb

34.gif

Hahaha, I have a sense of humor, so joke away!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date:

2.gif

Deb
34.gif
Deb dear, you have such a way with words.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:40:55 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date:

2.gif

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Well said! My morning chuckle...but please Harriet--don''t keep us waiting long about the details (you know how we LIKE details....
1.gif
)

cheers--Sharon
It''s the Honolulu collection, but I''ll have to wait till my birthday or our anniversary. A spinel may interfere.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 10:08:48 PM

coati was looking for a 24K band for her mother's 60th birthday. I came across this site on Etsy. The owner makes custom wedding bands in 24K gold and they are very lovely indeed! (There are other gold pieces on the site including some gorgeous, yellow, handmade, 18K wedding bands! There are also pieces in white gold, platinum, and sterling silver. It is very eclectic.) I thought that some of you might want to take a peak!

Deb

34.gif

Etsy Site

These are awesome! I'd love to get her a wide band--very cool!
--thanks so much Deb!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, Sharon,
Buccellati or a pink-red spinel?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/18/2009 6:11:34 PM

Deb, Sharon,
Buccellati or a pink-red spinel?
Definitely Buccellati!!! The prices may go up. The styles may change. There will always be spinels!!! I am going to die of envy if you get a Buccellati piece!

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No! I''d rather have you alive! Mind you, the Honolulu is pretty much Buccellati''s entry-level collection. You''re right about gold going up, but those Mahenges won''t last forever. Alright, high class problem.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 6:35:39 PM
No! I''d rather have you alive! Mind you, the Honolulu is pretty much Buccellati''s entry-level collection. You''re right about gold going up, but those Mahenges won''t last forever. Alright, high class problem.
HI:

Oh happy problem! "Finite" might always be an issue, but is there a compromise? Small "piece" of both?
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or, birthday and anniversary?
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 9:22:55 PM
Or, birthday and anniversary?
2.gif
...of course.....
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went looking for a picture of a piece of jewelry from the Honolulu Collection by Buccellati to post so that people could see the jewelry with which Harriet is in love. As is not ununusual for me when I enter the name, "Buccellati" into a search engine, I found something which distracted me, however. This ring is for sale on eBay for $8,500.00 (which I cannot afford). It would fit me, too! I would like to know if anyone knows the seller and if he is reputable. The eBay feedback certainly looks good!

Deborah
34.gif

BuccellatiRingeBay.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/21/2009 10:58:21 AM

This ring is for sale on eBay for $8,500.00 (which I cannot afford).

Now if this was in Bill Pearlman''s store, I would be able to find a creative way ti finance it! How come Bill doesn''t have this one?

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the long pendant earrings from the Buccellati Honolulu Collection. They should give you an idea of the jewelry at which Harriet has been looking, although I think we can certainly scare up pictures of more pieces from the collection if we try!

I bought myself some long (very short in relation to these) 14K yellow gold earrings inexpensively last week as a birthday present for myself. I will try to photograph them and get a picture of them into this thread!

Deborah
34.gif

HonoluluPendantEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very bad picture-but at least an ear shot-of my birthday earrings (well, one of them). My daughter had said she would take a picture, but she wasn''t feeling well, so I had to take this in the bathroom mirror. That black circle in my face is the lens from the video camera :). I do not think I ever wore earrings as "flighty" as this before. I am not sure my husband approved. He made what seemed to be a somewhat negative comment over lunch today, while looking at me askance. I am 58. Maybe they are inappropriate ;-). On the other hand, maybe my family just isn''t used to anything but tiny, conservative jewelry-and usually not even that-on me!

Deborah
34.gif

2009BdayEarrings2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results