shape
carat
color
clarity

Impulse ebay purchase -- Am I out of my mind???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
I never made an impulse purchase over a couple hundred dollars -- until now
37.gif

I am not really regretting my purchase I just need affirmation that it is nice and not a horrible purchase.

I was sort of looking for antique cuts & this was a seller mentioned in a previous thread of mine.

Here is the ring a 5 stone diamond band, 1ct tdw. -- 2nd ring down.
I was thinking it would look good as a wedding band once I get an antique stone for an e-ring.

Now I am worried that it won''t size down to a 5 or so
40.gif

Any input on the sizing issue? As that is my concern b/c I do think the band is pretty.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Looks very pretty, and the seller appears to have good feedback. Congrats! Let us know how it turns out.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...you might have sizing issues. 8.75 to a 5 is a lot and because of the way the stones are set it might compromise the integrity of the setting. Make sure you have someone trusted both evaluate the ring (as to whether it can be sized) and if it can, also make sure you have someone experienced do the work. It is very pretty though!

And not to be a debbie downer but it won't sit flush with an ering because the biggest stone in the middle will touch the ering and that's it, so you'll be left with a gap that gets wider as stones on the band get smaller. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of if you like a flush fit.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Sizing that ring down from an 8.75 to a 5 with the stone just being held by 2 prongs could pose a problem. Bending the shank to make it round after taking out that much metal is going to pull the prongs apart and the stones are not going to have anything left to hold them in place.

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
I had checked out her feedback last week sometime. So maybe I''m not as irresponsible as I feel right now
4.gif

$600 doesnt sound like much, but when your budget for the main diamond is around $3000 -- it kind of is!

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
Neatfreak and Upgradable that was kind of my concern.

It didn''t hit me til after I hit the BIN button.

I suppose it would still make a pretty right hand ring.

What should I do -- see about getting it reset?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 3:48:38 PM
Author: mom 2-3
Neatfreak and Upgradable that was kind of my concern.

It didn''t hit me til after I hit the BIN button.

I suppose it would still make a pretty right hand ring.

What should I do -- see about getting it reset?

Honestly, it might not be worth the $ to get the stones reset. But you could certainly check it out. You are committed now, so get it, see what you think, and you can always resell yourself later...

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I have purchased from this seller and she's really easy to work with. If you receive it and it can't be sized, just politely state that it won't size down as you hoped - she will likely accept a return.

You could try for a 5 stone like beau's - there are a few of them on ebay right now. Those styles will sit flush and you should have an easier time with sizing. Search for 5 stone diamond band and you'll find them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would a ring sizer piece work? They fit inside the ring to give you a tighter fit. They cost around $10.

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 3:52:37 PM
Author: k9muttlover
I have purchased from this seller and she''s really easy to work with. If you receive it and it can''t be sized, just politely state that it won''t size down as you hoped - she will likely accept a return.

You could try for a 5 stone like beau''s - there are a few of them on ebay right now. Those styles will sit flush and you should have an easier time with sizing. Search for 5 stone diamond band and you''ll find them.

Yeah, beau''s ring was sort of the look I was thinking of, but in the race to BIN, I didn''t think twice about the current size of the ring or the large middle diamond.
38.gif

It is good to hear your experience with the seller. I will go ahead & conatact her to let her know of my concern.

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 3:56:23 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Would a ring sizer piece work? They fit inside the ring to give you a tighter fit. They cost around $10.

That is a good suggestion -- I don''t know if it will help with so many sizes to go down.

I guess I still need to check about the gap between rings. I do not mind some space.
I really wanetd a third, thin band between the e-ring and diamond ring (I think, that is my idea for today ayway
41.gif
)

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
It looks as though the seller does have a 3-day return policy, so if it''s not what you want, it seems you could return it.

That said, I''d also point out the stones don''t appear to be ''antique''. They look like modern RBs to me. You''ve mentioned in a few threads now that you want antique stones, so I''m thinking you want an OEC or OMC. If so, these don''t look like that to me.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 3:59:00 PM
Yeah, beau''s ring was sort of the look I was thinking of, but in the race to BIN, I didn''t think twice about the current size of the ring or the large middle diamond.
38.gif

It is good to hear your experience with the seller. I will go ahead & conatact her to let her know of my concern.
LOL - yeah, it''s easy to be allured by BIN! Been there, done that!
2.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with the posts above re. sizing the ring down that drastically in this style - it may not be possible.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that the band appears vintage but you are aware that the stones are RBs and not antique diamonds, right?

Good luck! Good news is, the seller has a 3-day return period.

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
I did realize after I bought it (not in the 2 minutes before I hit BIN), that they were RB''s, still pretty though.

The biggest issue, it seems is the size!

It seems that I am not too good at this ebay stuff. I am too impulsive.
Next time I will just put all of you PS diamond sleuths on it
2.gif

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Way different price point ($2,999.), but I have been drooling over this one on eBay for a week now...

f3ff_1_sbl.JPG

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 5:25:26 PM
Author: shady71
Way different price point ($2,999.), but I have been drooling over this one on eBay for a week now...

Yes, price a little steep for me but beautiful non the less!!

I just want to let everyone know that I emailed the seller about the sizing options.
She agreed that it would not size down that far & simply cancelled the transaction. Great to work with.
I feel horrible and flaky, but I am super happy not to have to go thru a return process.
21.gif

Thanks for all of the advice PS''rs
36.gif

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Best to save everyone the effort of shipping, etc. Glad to hear it all worked out OK!!! I found her to be super great to work with when I had a transaction with her.
1.gif

mom 2-3

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 5:55:52 PM
Best to save everyone the effort of shipping, etc. Glad to hear it all worked out OK!!! I found her to be super great to work with when I had a transaction with her.
1.gif
You''re right!
I will still be watching her listed items (scary thought huh?). I ''ll just pay careful atention to ring size!

k9, I just have to say each time Isee your avitar I smile -- how cute is he/she
9.gif

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 6:02:55 PM
k9, I just have to say each time Isee your avitar I smile -- how cute is he/she
9.gif

Aww, thanks!
1.gif
HE is my little cutie! His nickname is "bee"

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very good to hear about a honorable seller! My sincerest advice to you is to wait until you get the e-ring to match a wedding band with it. You need to be sure the two work together, and you should really start with the e-ring.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock

I have purchased from this seller and she''s really easy to work with. If you receive it and it can''t be sized, just politely state that it won''t size down as you hoped - she will likely accept a return.

You could try for a 5 stone like beau''s - there are a few of them on ebay right now. Those styles will sit flush and you should have an easier time with sizing. Search for 5 stone diamond band and you''ll find them.

38.gif

I think beau was putting hers on ebay, if I understood her correctly. Maybe you can ask her for her seller ID and keep an eye on it!! :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 8:05:59 PM
Author: karee888

38.gif

I think beau was putting hers on ebay, if I understood her correctly. Maybe you can ask her for her seller ID and keep an eye on it!! :)

Against PS rules...sorry!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it worked out! That seller is so nice and pleasant.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
late to the thread but I'm glad the seller was so nice.

I agree with diamondseeker that I'd focus one the e-ring first. then the band. I would probably put all the budget into a center stone and then save up again for a band, but that's me.

ETA: I love ebay for certain things, but unless you are an experienced jewelry buyer I would stay away from buying jewelry there. You got lucky with your seller but all are not so understanding. Signedpieces has a store in NY and sells on ebay and they are the only one I'd trust if I was a rookie
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results