shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique my hairpiece idea please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 ideas for this. I love the ribbon hairband look (one that actually ties) and have been searching for one online to use. But I could also make one pretty easily using this brooch, yes? It''s 1.25" x 1.75" so if I get 3 of them to go around it would frame my head. They''re only $12 each.

Or I have this other idea to do a plain ribbon and have a flower on the side of my hair. Which do you think? Gimme a minute to get all the pics together...thanks so much!

Here''s a better dress pic than the ones I have posted (not blurry).

sunnydress2.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
and the back...ahhh
30.gif
hehe!

sunnydress1.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the brooch I''d likely use though I just started searching for little ones. But it''s so cute!
5.gif

940088.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
The inspiration:

MS-ANS-A7624.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Or this flower inspiration...but not that ribbon or flower. What do you think?

il_430xN_4583.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I have absolutely NO idea how to make something like this, and I know therefore I''m no help, but I just wanted to say that it''s a GORGEOUS inspiration!!
36.gif
I love that look!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2009 1:30:27 PM
Author: sunnyd
The inspiration:
I really like this look; it is very young, playful and different. I guess as long as the brooch isn''t too heavy for the ribbon, it should be fine.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks luv, which one?! Hahaha! I think it''s easy enough, just fasten the brooches to the ribbon and hope they stay there. Shows what I know...
3.gif

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of ribbon headbands! I found one I loved online for almost $100 but decided to DIY one myself. It took a while to find a brooch and I ended up using a bracelet on clearance at Macys, and cut out the middle section to use. I bought some ribbon and stitched the metal piece onto the ribbon. I had lots of problems making it work though. It wouldnt' stay put, kept sliding backwards if I tied to too tight, etc. so in the end I bought a plain metal headband and glued the ribbon to that. It has the same look but stays on my head much easier. Let me see if I can take a quick pic...

ETA- oops. I left it at my mom's house. I don't have pics at the moment but in a few days I can post them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2009 1:40:20 PM
Thanks luv, which one?! Hahaha! I think it''s easy enough, just fasten the brooches to the ribbon and hope they stay there. Shows what I know...
3.gif
The brooch one. The flower one looked kind of dated to me.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That would be great anniee, thanks!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 1:48:01 PM
Author: Chrono

3.gif
The brooch one. The flower one looked kind of dated to me.
Like flapper dated or just bad dated? Because I''d change it to probably just a thin, plain ribbon and attach a small flower like this one to the side? Still bad?

il_430xN_54505870.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Sunny,

I think just the ribbon might slip out of your hair really easily. Anniee had a good idea of glueing it onto a hair band or something. You can have ribbon trailing the ends of the hairband so you''ll still have the tie underneath.

And I''d go for the brooch over the flower. Just my opinion.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Ack haha I think I posted right as you were posting the second inspiration! oops
5.gif

I was saying I like the first one, where the model faces the camera. I think it''s beautiful, plus the ribbon adds a very nice, soft touch. I think it''s a little bit too loooooong though hehe. I''m not too crazy about the second inspiration - I think everything''s somewhat too big there. I love the first one!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
Hahah sounds good to me!!
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 2:37:31 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Sunny,

I think just the ribbon might slip out of your hair really easily. Anniee had a good idea of glueing it onto a hair band or something. You can have ribbon trailing the ends of the hairband so you''ll still have the tie underneath.

And I''d go for the brooch over the flower. Just my opinion.
That could work. Okay I''m nixing the flower then? Thanks you wonderful opinion formers!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it could work. I would try it and see what happens.

I just can't get over the gown
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ribbons are fairly hard to get to stay in hair, they tend to slide off the head. The broachs, while beautiful, will had serious weight to that little ribbon. So, if you''re interested in doing something like this, you want to purchase hair combs...select the area that you want to glue or attach the broachs to and fasten them on...then, exactly under where the broaches, on the other side of the ribbion, sew the comb into the ribbon. The, attach the broaches. This way the weight wont matter nearly as much because you''ll have your hair as an anchor.

Also...size the ribbon for your head, tie the perfect bow and sew it! Othewise it will become a untied a million times over the evening.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 3:46:52 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Ribbons are fairly hard to get to stay in hair, they tend to slide off the head. The broachs, while beautiful, will had serious weight to that little ribbon. So, if you''re interested in doing something like this, you want to purchase hair combs...select the area that you want to glue or attach the broachs to and fasten them on...then, exactly under where the broaches, on the other side of the ribbion, sew the comb into the ribbon. The, attach the broaches. This way the weight wont matter nearly as much because you''ll have your hair as an anchor.

Also...size the ribbon for your head, tie the perfect bow and sew it! Othewise it will become a untied a million times over the evening.
Ooh I''ll have to try that, thanks Italia!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results