shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Lovers...... please sign in!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Thats one Hot Tranny!!! In person Its a crazy flasher!
10.gif

I''m glad you posted them here Alj
36.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love those octagons on that gorgeous, gorgeous single-cut band!!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 9:17:55 PM
Author: blinkydoll
Date: 1/25/2009 9:01:37 PM

Author: neatfreak

Date: 1/25/2009 8:25:16 PM

Date: 1/25/2009 7:52:08 PM

I''ll play! Antique band with 1.2 carats of single cuts in platinum, my baby gift to myself!

Still haven''t taken my own pics, I will do a photo shoot this week w/ this ring when my PS gift earrings arrive! Time is at a premium these days with the new babies.

Holy Moly neatfreak!

Where did you find this?!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ebay
9.gif

hmmmmm i knew it looked familier
31.gif
I believe it was a steal right?

Looking thru my ended watch items
2.gif

very nice tho!

Even more of a steal because I was able to use live.com cashback (ended up having to put it back up for me to buy because ebay messed up the checkout process) and then a 10% off coupon so I paid $300 less than I bid.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 9:28:38 PM
Date: 1/25/2009 9:17:55 PM

Date: 1/25/2009 9:01:37 PM

Date: 1/25/2009 8:25:16 PM

I''ll play! Antique band with 1.2 carats of single cuts in platinum, my baby gift to myself!

Still haven''t taken my own pics, I will do a photo shoot this week w/ this ring when my PS gift earrings arrive! Time is at a premium these days with the new babies.

Holy Moly neatfreak!

Where did you find this?!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ebay
9.gif

hmmmmm i knew it looked familier
31.gif
I believe it was a steal right?

Looking thru my ended watch items
2.gif

very nice tho!

Even more of a steal because I was able to use live.com cashback (ended up having to put it back up for me to buy because ebay messed up the checkout process) and then a 10% off coupon so I paid $300 less than I bid.

oh Nice!!
31.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

can''t wait to see more pics
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 9:13:34 PM
Author: Allison D.
I can''t recall if I already posted my transitional stone earlier in this thread. I have been contemplating how to set it since I bought it in November during a trip to NY. I saw something a few weeks ago that I thought would be my choice........until yesterday, when I met up with the Boston PS gals and did a little browsing.

During our travels yesterday, we saw this setting. When we slipped my loose stone into this setting, I knew this was the perfect choice. With plenty of agreement from the PS contingent, I had it set right then and there and am finally wearing my ''tranny''!

The stone is .98, and is EGL-graded as L, SI1

tranny1.jpg

tranny3.jpg

tranny5.jpg

tranny9.jpg

sweet!!!!
congrates

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Totally SWEET!!!! Allison! Great call on a mounting. It looks like a pristine original. That baby is going to be getting tons of ooohs and ahhhhhs!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely Allison! The setting is perfect for the stone!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 2:07:31 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 1/21/2009 1:18:18 AM

Author: Imdanny

Someone should systematically recreate versions of these stones from each historical period. They''d sell like hotcakes.

There are a few cutters out there doing just that! My stone is listed as an old mine brilliant on the gia cert and it was cut the year I bought it.
I''ve read some of your threads! It''s nice to meet you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 9:13:34 PM
Author: Allison D.
I can''t recall if I already posted my transitional stone earlier in this thread. I have been contemplating how to set it since I bought it in November during a trip to NY. I saw something a few weeks ago that I thought would be my choice........until yesterday, when I met up with the Boston PS gals and did a little browsing.

During our travels yesterday, we saw this setting. When we slipped my loose stone into this setting, I knew this was the perfect choice. With plenty of agreement from the PS contingent, I had it set right then and there and am finally wearing my ''tranny''!

The stone is .98, and is EGL-graded as L, SI1
Oh my lord! Alj, this is stunning! S.t.u.n.n.i.n.g. I say. Outstanding! Wear it in good health.
36.gif

And Miss Neat, I''d say you scored as well! LOVE that band.
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NF, what an INCREDIBLE find and on ebay no less. You hit the jackpot with a good deal too.

Alj, a lovely setting very suited for the stone.

How on earth do you ladies find such wonderful old stuff?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj, I LOVE your new stone and setting! Gorgeous!

Chrono, I was on bedrest for 2 months so I literally was on PS and ebay alllll day. But I ended up with the ring, some ACA studs courtesy of PS, and of course my perfect little baby boys, so it was worth it.
3.gif
But really, you just have to troll ebay all the time and then get lucky as far as ebay goes.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 1:41:05 PM
Alj, I LOVE your new stone and setting! Gorgeous!
Back atcha, Neat.....I cannot believe what a GORGEOUS find you got on your band. I''m frothing at the mouth.
11.gif

The only thing prettier than that new band is your two boys!

Burk

Ideal_Rock

That band is gorgeous!! I can''t wait till you get it so we have more pics! What a great baby present!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 3:14:20 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 1/21/2009 1:18:18 AM

Author: Imdanny

Someone should systematically recreate versions of these stones from each historical period. They''d sell like hotcakes.

They would, but I love the idea of having old stones--pieces of history.

I much prefer chunky faceting, though, and I hope to find a cushion, new or old, that has that pattern.
Oh, yes. I quite agree. I wouldn''t want to take anything away from pieces that are a part of history!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! So much gorgeousness (is that a word??)!

Allison I love your ring!!!! And Neatfreak...that is stunning! Can''t wait for hand pics!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak, I''ve admired that ring since you first posted it. I can''t wait for it''s photo shoot!

Allison, it''s beautiful!!

I''m a bit late to this thread but I LOVE these older cut stones. My engagement ring (to-be) is an OEC, and I''m currently look at OMC''s for a right hand ring... I dont know if I''m going to to one now or later this summer though.

I love everyones pictures!! Yummy!!
18.gif
18.gif

Here is my ring to-be. it''s DIRECT sunlight, and I posted this picture already, but here it is again if some people haven''t see it. It has a great pattern to it, but due to my camera and the blinging light ;-) you can''t see it as well.

rifgjk1234.jpg

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 4:14:45 PM
Author: swedish bean
Here is my ring to-be. it''s DIRECT sunlight, and I posted this picture already, but here it is again if some people haven''t see it. It has a great pattern to it, but due to my camera and the blinging light ;-) you can''t see it as well.

swedish bean, love that center pattern!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 4:19:14 PM
Author: Eva17

Yes--very pretty SB!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 4:37:25 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 1/29/2009 4:19:14 PM

Author: Eva17

Yes--very pretty SB!

Ditto. Very pretty!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Allison~your stone is gorgeous!

SB~Lovely ring!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all of you who''ve had such nice things to say; I confess I''m really enjoying this stone very much.

After wearing this stone for a week, I''m starting to have a better appreciate for why many of the Edwardian style settings were the rage during this time period.

This stone is quite warm; it''s graded L by EGL, and I feel it''s warmer than my M-colored OEC. However, because the Edwardian setting hides most of the profile view, the color isn''t nearly as noticeable as it would be in open prong-style settings of later years.

In day-to-day appearance, I don''t really notice the warmth unless I''m expressly looking for it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak, that band rocks my socks off!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allison, I love your ''tranny'' and that setting is gorgeous!!!! Love it!

decolady

Rough_Rock
Wow this thread is droolalicious!! that band is just incredible, I''ve never seen anything like it
18.gif

I''m a little confused though because some of the items posted in the beginning are now for sale at the JBEG site.. Up do you work for them now or sell your items??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 12:51:01 PM
Author: decolady
Wow this thread is droolalicious!! that band is just incredible, I''ve never seen anything like it
18.gif

I''m a little confused though because some of the items posted in the beginning are now for sale at the JBEG site.. Up do you work for them now or sell your items??
What site is this? Can you send me the link because I''d like to take a look. I want to see if the vendor is stealing pictures. None of us here work for jewellers (well, other than Alj) nor do we sell our "precious". We have them because we love them.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, www.jewelsbyericagrace.com.

I think Upgradable just sold them some of her pieces, but to my knowledge does not work there. Their business is buying second hand, after all.

I wish I had the money for the one she sold them with the white gold setting! Sigh.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all old cuts, and this thread is full of gorgeous pieces! Thanks to you all for sharing your pretties!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
No, I do not work for them. I''m just downsizing.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just got this lil'' guy
it was really loose in the setting but I decided I would try to clean it a little before sending it off to the jeweler. And..... it popped out (I was ready for this!) Meanwhile, while it was loose, I had an impromptu photo shoot right before I took it to the jeweler to be reset (secured!) and resized

Oh, after I took the pics, I noticed the lovely ring of decades of dirt under the girdle
32.gif

(Exhibit A: pic on the left)

Anyway-- I''m in love with this diamond-- so lively, white (esp. after removing the dirt) and full of personality!!

OEC
c. 1920-40?
~.65ct
G
SI2 (seriously can''t see anything.. nor will I look too hard
2.gif
)
the setting is a two-tone 14k gold illusion (square-head) setting (very sweet)

liloecblueiii.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results