shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a more reasonably priced wedding dress for my future SIL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
My future SIL fell in love with this dress at Pricialla''s of Boston. It''s more modern looking but would suit her well. (although i''m not a fan of the belt per se). Anyways her original budget was around 1800 and this dress is 2600. She was considering finding a dressmaker to make a copy but I told her I''d post about it here since you ladies are a gold mine of knowledge about these things.

Is there another brand, that''s more reasonable priced that might carry a dress somewhat similar in style to this one? We may be able to get a belt to add to it if it doesn''t have one.

Here''s a link to the video that shows more detail:
http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?search=madison&sfid=50803&f

This is a Vineyard Dress. Thanks for your help!!

mad_pri.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, that''s tough. The dress is just so Vineyard. If she has the option to get it made, I think that''s the best! Otherwise, you could see if Netbride could get it for cheaper than a bridal shop.

violet02

Ideal_Rock

Getting dresses made seems kind of complicated to me. Particularly when you''re unsure of who you''re going to.

I did suggest if she could find a similar dress she could possibly buy that belt from Vineyard or else get one similar. I''m not sure if that belt is detachable or not.

Those dresses you posted NF look really great actually. I''ll have her look at them. Have you seen any in person (or anyone else?) do the fabrics look great?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Oh, another thing she loved was dresses with pockets!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
when is her wedding? I am having my custom done and it should be here by March 31 and I could give you a review if you should go to the person I went to have it made... its probably only be like $600 or so to get it made by them...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
She''s getting married Feb of 2010. Is your gal local??

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Is it the belt that she really likes? Without it I think the dress would look like many clean and modern ballgowns. Maybe she could find a gown she likes in her price range and simply add a belt to it. If this is the case, you can think about getting extra fabric when you order the dress and have a belt made from it.

If however she really liked how the dress itself fit then maybe a seamstress or online discount site is the way to go.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Just chiming in re: J.Crew dresses. I loved mine! The silk tricotine was wonderful (I wore the Goddess dress, which they recently brought back!). I felt very modern and also very bridal.
1.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will the bridal salon sell her the sample (does it fit well enough?) a lot of times there will be shows or sample sales that you can get them for less money. Just a thought! I second netbride...I doubt they carry that particular line, but you can always check!

jerseygrl

Rough_Rock
Violet- firstly your wedding pictures are beautiful!

about FSIL''s dress- I saw the vineyard dress at Kleinfelds earlier this month, for sale as a SAMPLE- do you live near NYC?

I agree with others who suggest buying the sample, since she already tried the dress on, maybe she can call around for samples and just have one shipped to her? good luck!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
This Amsale is a stretch- but it has a belt! I can''t find it on Amsale''s website, so I''m assuming it''s discontinued. If by some chance she likes it, and she''s not opposed to buying a sample gown, there is one on ebay right now for $1,195 Buy it Now, and there''s a Best Offer option!

If she really loves the original dress, I agree with everyone who suggested seeing if the salon will sell her the sample (and if they won''t, finding one that will)!
1.gif

Colette.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 4:26:35 PM
Author: jerseygrl
Violet- firstly your wedding pictures are beautiful!

about FSIL''s dress- I saw the vineyard dress at Kleinfelds earlier this month, for sale as a SAMPLE- do you live near NYC?

I agree with others who suggest buying the sample, since she already tried the dress on, maybe she can call around for samples and just have one shipped to her? good luck!
Thank you!
1.gif

And do you know what size the sample was??

jerseygrl

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I have no idea what size- I didn''t try it on.
You should call them and ask if they still have it/ what size. Their customer service is excellent and I''m sure they''ll find a way to help you...

katamari

Ideal_Rock
The belt and the style reminds me of the Augusta Jones Chenoa. It has a sweetheart neckline instead of a tank, but it has the pocket and a similar cut. If you get the taffeta version, it is just under $2K. The silk version, though, is about the same price as the Vineyard dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results