shape
carat
color
clarity

2 different cushion options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
There has been a lot of cushion talk lately, and I''ve got the bug, having always admired the random cushions that I see. I''m currently looking at 2 different stones from different vendors. I thought I wanted the warmer color of an L/M, but am a little nervous since I''m sure I want to mount it in a white metal. I haven''t decided if I''ll put it into a pendant or a RHR. I''m thinking of starting with a pendant and maybe adding 2 side stones to make a 3 stone RHR down the road. My ering stone is E color, and my earrings are all in the f/g range. Both stones are from highly recommended vendors on this site.

I''m looking for opinions between the two -- specifically thoughts on the color, but also the general look, being a newbee at buying cushions. The first is more expensive (as it should be due to it''s higher specs), but they are both within budget. I''m attaching #1 to this post and will attach #2 in the next. (Hope it works...)

#1. 1.01 ct H VS1 GIA cert
table 60%, estimated crown angle 37% depth 71%
supposed to have great brilliance
6.26x5.52mm

#2 1.1 Light yellow (l-m-n) SI2, eye-clean to the vendor (and probably my non-20-year old eyes) uncerted as far as I know so far
mid-60''s depth, high crown, small table
6.2 x 5.6mm
(I know these specs are vague, but it''s from a vendor that everyone here trusts, so I tend to be ok with that)

There is a more square version of #2 which is also a contender, but I think I want the more rectangular shape to differentiate it more from my RB.

Any other questions I should be asking from either vendor? I may have one or both sent out to an appraiser if I can find a good one near me.

H vs1 1.01 sml.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Stone #2

LM 1.1 si2 sml.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t tell enough about the facet pattern of the first one to have an opinion on it other than I like the color and clarity. The second one looks very nice!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diamondseeker,

I agree. I''m intrigued on the second color, but not sure if I will like it as much in person. I have seen some really lovely warm stones on other people, and I have one myself, but I also like the nice white of my ering... I love the shape and facets of the second one.

Both vendors are saying the the stones have a lot of brilliance. I would have expected more fire than brilliance, so I''m a little confused about that.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I found this diamond and it seems like it has potential at least on paper. I know Mark at ERD is able to get stones from this distributor so if you are working with him - maybe he can pull it for you. I don''t know if it is within your budget.

1_04_G_VS2_CU (Custom).jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi Charmypoo,

Thanks for the find -- it looks like a really nice stone so far. I like the florescence. I can ask Mark about this. Do you have any opinions of the two I''ve listed above?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The first stone is too deep for my liking but that''s personal. I am also one of those people who like to stay in the colorless ranges and vs2 and up so the second stone won''t work for me. A lot of PSers love warm colors and find SI is a sweet spot. I can''t really judge from the photos because they are too small.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results