shape
carat
color
clarity

Help requested! I will love you forever if you can help me solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ok...its not urgent but I need some help. This may be a long one...

My MOH just called me because she was supposed to preserve one of our friends bouquets from her wedding this summer. Well when my MOH was moving out of her place a few weeks later she realized that our friends'' bouquet had rotted. In the mix of things she tossed it and forgot about it. Well, our friend that got married last summer asked her about it today.

There are two questions at hand here. The first one is the moral one, would you tell her or replace it and have it pressed? The second is if you had to replace it where or how would you go about doing this?

I''m trying to help my MOH out but I am the worst one to ask because I''m not a huge flower person. I can''t say if I would be upset or not. That and I know nothing about flower preservations.

Your thoughts?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''d tell her. It was an honest mistake. Plus I don''t think it makes sense to give a super emotional thing to somebody else to take care of, so I''m kind of hoping that it''s not that important in the grand scheme of things.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
That was my suggestion too. She said that when our friend asked her about it she just brushed it off but of course didn''t say she didn''t have it. So, I told her to tell her that she discovered it today after she asked about it. Its not like she wanted to throw it out.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
If she's worried about telling her, then there's your answer. It's called women's intuition for a reason
2.gif
I'd have it remade using wedding photos, and let it dry correctly. If she agreed to have it preserved, then I would have it done. IMPO (and putting myself in the shoes of the friend that already knows what happened), I don't totally agree that this is an "honest" mistake. The bride asked her to dry it, she obviously said she would, maybe it was an accident that it rotted? But then, instead of fessing up that it rotted and apologizing, she then threw it away.

My question? Why didn't the bride have it preserved herself or by her parents?

ETA: After reading your reply, it doesn't sound like the bride really cared. If that's the case, then just tell her.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d fess up and then offer to have it remade if the bride wanted.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 6:46:52 PM
Author: neatfreak
I''d fess up and then offer to have it remade if the bride wanted.
Agreed.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I just got off the phone with my MOH again. I told her to tell her. Just to clarify, I think the bride in this instance does really care. I have know idea why she left it with my MOH cause she wasn''t even the MOH in this wedding. I think she offered to be nice and the bride said yes.

I''m sorry I made this a whole thread. It really doesn''t seem like that bad of a problem. I just feel for my friend. As I am planning my wedding these things are expensive!

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Rotten flowers aren''t healthy so it''s actually better that she thew it away! Sounds like an honest mistake to me!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d tell the bride as well. It was definitely an honest mistake and she can offer to have it remade if the bride so wants.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely be honest and let the bride know what happened to the flowers. I too would think that if it was something so sentimental and important to the bride that she would preserve them herself, but in any case what''s done is done. I believe in honesty and I think the bride should be given the option on whether to remake a bouquet or not. I personally would not want another one made or to find out later that it wasn''t my bouquet because it would have lost the sentiment of it being apart of my wedding. Honesty is the best policy. I wish your MOH best of luck and hope that the bride is forgiving and understanding.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d ''fess up too and offer to replace it, even though it won''t be the same. But, I''m sappy that way. I know a great florist in midtown if you want a rec.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results