shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 12th Jan till 18th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone and Happy Wednesday....

Flying in mid week to say hello!! It''s been a CRAZY week so far....teaching all week and tutoring 3-4 kids at night....so tired. BUT...been sticking to my 5am workouts have been making me feel better about my day. It''s been hard to get out of bed for SURE...but it''s a great way to start out my day. (Yes, Steph you''re right...it''s awesome once you''re done...the first 5 mins are kinda hard though!!!) :)

I''m having a battle this week w/carbs for sure, I think its because I''m so tired that I''m craving them like crazy. Despite the fact that I''m packing healthy breakfast and lunches for school..I''m still craving bread, crackers, etc. Thank god for apples, and other fruits that I store in my mini fridge. I think I need to try some extra protein for the rest of the week to up the energry level maybe...

Looks like everyone is having a great week...I wish I had the energy to say hey to everyone...I probably won''t be back ''till the end of the week...more midterms and tutoring then cheer practice to prep for competition (yes I''m a glutton and I coach a cheer squad too! :) )

Lots of love and suppport to everyone until I get back. I''m crossing my fingers for at least a 1lbs loss by next week for me because of all the running around I''m doing!!

Hope everyone has a good night~
:)ILE

PS--- to chime in to the Y vs WW thing......I absolutely LOVE my Y membership...so I would vote for the Y!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Merry, I ended up not getting a job today, and then the family I do respite for cancelled, the other son was puking. I have jobs lined up for the next week and a half, starting tomorrow, and perhaps another long term job in the works, good news for me! I like respite, because I adore the kid I work with. It''s not through a gov''t program, the parent just asked if I could help out and I loved him so much I said absolutely. I''ve been working with the boy for 2.5 years now in some capacity (classroom or home) and it is such a joy to watch him grow.

Lliang, Marcy, panda, Skippy, and Steph, J is much better today. Thanks so much for asing.

So, I took advantage of a totally lazy day. J and I went to lunch (Carls Jr. for the first time in who knows how long, and wow did I enjoy my Western Bacon Cheeseburger!), I ran some errands with him and just hung out.

I''m feelin'' the burger in my belly, but it was a nice treat.

It''s chicken and fruit salad for dinner in our house!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
We are over the hump today.Yippee.We had breakfast for supper.I have one piece of microwaved bacon, some hash browns cooked in very little oil, 1 egg and 2 pieces of lite whole wheat toast.It was good for a change.
Kimi, how nice you are going to spend some time with a kid you like to work with.Glad to hear J is feeling better.
ILE, sounds like you are really busy but good for you sticking to your healthy food.You’ll see results on the scale soon.
CDNBlingGal, sounds like both of our Marty’s are not having good weeks.I hope your Marty feels better soon.My Marty is still pretty stiff and in pain.I hope your fur baby gets better soon too.Your homemade pizzas sound terrific.
Appletini, I hope you don’t get sick.
Somethingshiny, I hope you get better soon.Coughing so much is miserable.
Merry, I will have to try some of the WW bread.Enjoy your cheese.

Lliang, glad you got in some yoga and some wonderful chili.That sounds good.Good luck fixing your oven.I was delighted to pay someone to fix my garage door for me.It’s too cold this time of year to park outside.If I buy short pants they are mid calf when I set down.If I buy regular pants they drag on the floor but are fine when I set down.So I usually buy regular and fold over the hem for a little cuff.That seems to work.
Gecko, stay warm!Glad to hear we are more fun than WW.
9.gif

Steph, yay for working out 7 days in a row.I still have 4 to 6 ounces of coke sometimes but they are not as good to me as they were before.
Skippy, congratulations for losing another 1.5 pounds and how exciting to be so close to your goal.
36.gif
Yippee!!!
Hi Lorelei.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Just a quick fly-by because I am just exhausted tonight for some reason.

This morning I did a gentle hour on the dreadmill and then 30 flights of stairs TWICE. Once two at a time, once one at a time. Singing out loud to Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love." I sure hope that stairwell is soundproof...
9.gif

Calorie wise I think I'm coming in around 1250 for the day--assuming I can actually get past the kitchen without eating something else, LOL.

Our master bath is torn up right now so I haven't weighed myself since Sunday (Dee hasn't weighed herself in three whole days?!?
6.gif
) but I think I am going to have to find a new place to put the scale and take it up again. Who knows if it will be accurate (for that matter who knows if it was ever accurate to begin with
20.gif
) but I like the consistency of a daily weigh in.

OK. Off to bed. No stopping at the kitchen!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, LOL at singing outload to that Meatloaf song. I was singing to the same song on the treadmill the other day. Our IPODS must have a lot of the same songs.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, LOL! We should compare lists some time. I confess to some 10CC, Cheap Trick, Billy Joel -- all the *greats*!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I slept last night. Really slept. The kind of sleep you don''t even get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, which for a middle aged man, is really something.........LOL Work was OK, kind of. A lot of pressure these days. I left work around 6 and made it on the gym floor by 6:30. I did have a really wonderful workout. It''s the only place on the planet I can go and not think about anything related to work or really anything, other than working out and making myself stronger and healthier. Maybe having an extra day away from the gym wasn''t such a bad thing. I will be going to the gym again tomorrow night as I still need to make up for not going last night. Dinner tonight was leftover chicken from last night and a salad. For dessert, I had a couple pieces of Lindt dark chocolate.

I''m sorry I can''t say hello to everyone. It''s already 11 PM and I need to shut down and relax a few minutes before heading to bed and starting another ''uber'' long day.

I did read everyone''s posts and you''re all doing really well! Yay Skippy for losing more weight!!

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, our lists sound very similar.Great minds think alike, right?
Rod, glad to hear you really slept well last night.I hope I do the same tonight.My night was short and restless.

Speaking of sleep I am off to bed.

See you tomorrow.

35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone,

Last night I had a great yoga class. Leena found it a little too hot, but I did really well. :) I made steamed chicken wings for dinner which we had with rice. It took forever and i realize I need to get a proper chinese steamer. I did a full day''s of food intake in NutitionData.com. I was just over 1400 calories. Is that okay or should it be less? Deejay was saying she''s doing 1250, should I aim for that?

Rod, I''m glad you got a good night''s sleep.
Dee, even if the stairs wasn''t soundproof, I''m sure you gave someone some amusement for the day :)
Merry, I heart jacket potatoes. :) How''s the tracking going?
CdnBling, I hope Forest and Marty get better. My fiance says I fall down a lot, must be my bad walking on ice skills. What can I say, I grew up in FL.
ILuv, try packing some of those Kashi or Soy bars that we''ve talked about earlier in this thread. But be careful, there''s usually more than 1 serving in a single bar, so only eat 1/2 or 1/3 or whatever amounts to a single serving.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, hows the week? I got in a nice walk this morning and crunches. I''ve been focusing a lot on my abs and my upper body. Hopefully I''ll start to see a difference soon.

Skippy - Howdy gf what''s cookin?
miscka - how did you end up doing candy wise? I have to admit I cheated a bit. But it WAS the holidays

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning! Just got back from the gym...did an hour on the elliptical and then did abs and arms. I can tell I''m already getting a little stronger b/c I had to go up in weight on some of the machines. Now if I could just get my eating under control a little more. I am eating really healthy, just feel hungry all the time! Anyone else feel like this after working out a lot?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Steph,

I totally feel that way after working out. That was my downfall this summer when I was running a lot. I haven''t had that issue with my yoga regime yet, but I think maybe someone here can help. My uneducated advice would be to eat more protein??

~Lisa

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids! Did an hour on the elliptical this morning.

Liang, don't pay any attention to what I eat because everyone is different. Have you ever met with a dietician? I had a consultation with one over at the East Bank Club a few months ago (you can do this even if you're not a member); they will work up an eating plan for you and everything. Hope you're staying warm! It was -4 when I went over to my office this morning, and that wasn't including the wind chill factor. KAK!!!

Steph, yah for getting stronger!!!

Dragon, I find that my arms tone up pretty fast so I bet you will start to see results really soon.

Marcy, I had a rockin' time with the Eagles this morning!
9.gif

Rod, LOL on not using the restroom in the middle of the night. Since both of our bathrooms are torn up on the third floor I have to go down two flights of stairs to pee in the middle of the night. It makes you think about how badly you really need to pee!!

Kimi, western bacon cheeseburger -- yum!
18.gif

ILE, 5 am workouts... You're a better man than I am, LOL!

CDN, sending positive vibes out for Forest. Big hugs.

Apple, my best friend is working her way through the Twilight books and she really loves them.

Shiny, it was nice of your neighbor to take care of your driveway.

Merry, LOL on the SHOCK HORROR1 A little cheese never killed anybody!

Dani, I am going to have to try these kashi meals! Where do you get them?

Skippy, congrats on the 28.5 lbs total -- that is AWESOME girlfriend!!!

Lorelei, congrats on the new computer. Isn't new technology just THE BEST?!

Holly, I will have to try that Campbells soup! It sounds quite tasty.

Panda, when I make pasta I only cook 2 oz. It does seem rather paltry on the plate, but in reality I find that it is enough once I've eaten it, especially if I have a sauce that I really enjoy with it.

Miscka, I do small meals more often too and I find it is a good plan for me.

Tacori, are you going to bring T. with you when we all meet up? She's such a cutie!

Zoe, I would wake up exhausted if I ran a 5K in my sleep, ha ha!

Dixie, good for you for sticking to a healthy plan!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Today at lunch I worked out with co-worker #1 and #2. #2 is going to try to start joining us during lunch on Thurs and attend the TBT classes. It was a good workout. TBT class tomorrow...I''m excited!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I''m taking a day off yoga and going tomorrow. I don''t want to brave the elements.

Deejay, East Bank Club is really close to me. I''ll check that out. It was -7F when I went to walk the dog this morning! I''m just going to put it out there: I''m so done with this cold weather stuff.

apple, have fun at your TBT class.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, everyone sounds well. I went to Target again since they have a great sale on the toys they are trying to clear out so I bought my nephew a huge semi truck that has a bunch of cars it. He will be so excited! hehe Well yesterday we read books and played with the puzzles and he and I walked a mile. Last night I had the Healthy Choice Chicken Margarita and it was so delicious; I am hooked!!! I mean these don't taste like microwave meals at all. I also bought the Soup Select Light that Holly was talking about so I will be trying that out today!!

I will be going for a walk since it is super nice out and the sun is shinning. I heard it is cold all over, even in FL and that Chicago is the coldest it has been in 16 years!! Nutty weather out there (stay warm); I hope it continues to warm up out here
1.gif
Have a great day everyone
35.gif
Oh and thank you so much for the weight loss kudos; I am so excited I am almost there! hehe

STEPH, good for you on all your awesome workouts. I don't workout as hard as I use to because it use to trigger my hunger too. I notice if I get 30 to 50 mins of cardio that is mid intensity I don't feel as hungry. Are you eating enough?? Maybe more carbs?? I am sorry, I wish I had a better suggestion.

GECKO, wowwe, that is cold; I would freeze out there,lol, hope you stay warm!

LLIANG< woo for yoga last night; stay warm!!! I love chili, yum! Thank you for the super duper sweet words about my nephew. I think that is awesome you and your sister are so close!

MERRYMUNKY, ah that you about my nephew, you are so sweet! Ah, I that is so sweet; you are cool!!! I can see why your neice and nephew adore you! Keep up the awesome work; I am so proud of you!!!

SOMETHINGSHINY, I missed you; I hope you feel better soon, you poor sweetie pie!!! Eeek, be careful of all the snow!

APPLE, yay for your workouts and I hope you aren't getting sick, hugs.

CDNBLING, yay for your workout and weights; that is awesome friend!!! I hope your fur baby gets better soon. Thank you about my nephew. I buy the same shoes so I am guessing they will fit the same, they are Asics Cumulus; I got fitted at a running store and bought them through Holobird for $30 less than at the stores. Thanks for asking.

ILUVEMERALD, woo for teaching, I bet your kids adore you! Yay for your 5am workouts; you are awesome!!!! Wow, you are a cheer coach; I use to cheer in HS. How fun!!!!

KIMI, I am sending PS dust that you get the job you want. Ah you sound like such a sweet teacher; ah! Yum to chicken and fruit!

MARCY, yum to breakfast for dinner, thanks for the kudos! I am very excited. How are you?

DEEJAY, wooo hooo for your uber hard workouts that you faithfully do everyday; you are awesome woman!

ROD, thanks, oh thank goodness you slept, yay! I hope the pressure goes away soon; glad you had a uber workout!! You are very inspiring to us!

DRAGON, I am great sugar; how are you! Wooo hooo for your uber workouts miss fit!!!

LORELEI and TACORI, hi friends
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Work, workout, back to work in a few, after a shower.

We''re going out of town for the weekend. Have a good one!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So I haven''t had anything w/ processed sugar for 2 whole weeks now. And I haven''t even craved anything...until now. Andrew''s leftover Christmas candy from his stocking is calling my name, but I walked away. I know it would make me feel yuck just to taste it. I made myself some peppermint tea, so I''ll see if that helps. Ugh, I am just having one of those days where I can''t seem to get full!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve had another loaded work week
14.gif
Today''s the first breather and I''m looking forward to going to the gym tonight. Been eating well but fell off the wagon last night while having Korean BBQ for dinner. Had a bit too much rice and got that bloated feeling all night and into the morning
40.gif

Hope everyone''s doing well! Sorry for the quick flyby... more tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk; it was Fabulously gorgeous outside, yay!!! 50 degrees and a 40 min brisk walk, yay!!!

KIMI, have a wonderful trip out of town, how exciting!!!!

STEPH, I noticed a the sugar free mints help my cravings; I just remembered when I put one in my mouth today. Sending you a hug; I hear you on those days, I have them too and it feels like I want to say grraaaaah, go away nutty cravings! You are awesome!!!

PANDA, Oh I am sure korean bbq isn''t bad; they don''t have a lot of meat on them. I am sorry you are so busy sweet friend; sending you a hug and wishing you a better week next week Miss Panda!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy! I had some peppermint tea and some gum and the craving went away. I need to put his candy out of sight though!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........It was an overly ''uber'' long day. I slept again last night, which is a good thing. I got to work before 8 this morning and I didn''t leave till after 6:30, which put me at the gym after 7. I was SO tempted to just bag the gym, but I really needed it after such a long day at the office, so I went. But, I had to cut a few things out as I knew I couldn''t work out till 10 PM, so I managed to have a really good and productive 2 and 1/2 hour workout instead! Tomorrow will likely be another long day, but I will meet Charlie after work at favorite sushi place #1. I did have a kind of fun dinner tonight. Since Charlie was working late tonight, I stopped at the store and bought some clam chowder and some dense whole grain bread and I had the soup and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. YUMMMM!

Again, I''m sorry it''s so late and I just can''t say hello to everyone tonight. Here''s a collective hello to everyone.

Oh and Steph.....I''m usually famished after a workout, so I don''t think it''s unusual to be hungry after you''ve worked out. I also agree with the advice that you likely could use more protein.

Hugs to you all........Rod has left the building and hopes to be sleeping soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m sad...no TBT for me today b/c I got a last minute invite to a teleconference at work today that is at 11am.
7.gif
Oh well...I''ll just have to exercise the next two days.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys. Taking the day off from working out today. Andrew''s school was canceled today and I woke up with hives and swollen lips. The allergist couldn''t figure out a reason I keep doing this and he thinks it maybe something like a thyroid issue going on (which would explain why I have such a hard time losing weight), so I am going to the doc, but they couldn''t get me in until Feb. so we will see. So I am just going to have a fun day with Andrew. I think we are going to go look at new living room furniture for a while, then I will probably take him someplace fun to eat and then let him pick out a new book at the bookstore (his absolute favorite thing to do). Anyway, everyone have a great Friday! I''ll be back later for to write everyone personally!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; my hubby has the day off so we are going to go to lunch and he got a new DSLR so we are going out to take pictures around town for fun.
41.gif

Hopefully we will get in lots of walking but if not I plan to walk this afternoon; I love this warm weather, probably 55 today, yay!! Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

ROD, TGIF and enjoy sushi tonight; glad you had an uber workout! I love clam chowder, yum yum especially with sour dough bread, yum!

MARCY, are you getting a new mattress? How is school? I haven't given my nephew the semi w/cars yet; I can't wait for him to see it. I know his eyes will get soooo big. hehe Hubby and I were talking and we are going to buy a couple more semi trucks sets and take them to the woman's shelter for the kids.

APPLE sorry about the confr call and no tbt.

STEPH, eek that has only happened to me once and that was scary. I hope they figure it out soon, sending you a hug! Have fun furniture shopping with Andrew, sounds like a fun day and yay for a book for Andrew!

MONARCH, are you out there? I have been thinking about you!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
TGIF!

I''ve been kinda sleepy on my drive into work the last two days so I''m glad the weekend is here. Plus, we have Monday off for MLK day so it''s a three day weekend!
1.gif
Since I didn''t have to work last night, I got home at a decent hour. Made quesadillas with whole wheat tortillas, low fat cheese, tomatoes, red bell peppers and jalapenos with light sour cream and guac and served them with a salad. Relaxed a bit and then headed off for the gym. I must be insane because I think I''m starting to like the stair climber. LOL!

Skippy, oooh, new camera! Any new pics you can show us? You''re so sweet, no wonder your nephew adores you! YAY for another 1.5 pounds gone and being that much closer to your goal!!!
36.gif

Marcy, did you get your new mattress? Is Marty feeling better?

Rod, YAY for your uber workout! I often feel like taking a pass when I''m tired but I find that if I go, I''m fine once I get there. MMMM... clam chowder with PB&J! Enjoy your sushi tonight!

Holly, I like those Select Light Soups too!

Kim, glad to hear J''s doing better. Glad to hear the job front is looking up for you!

Steph, sometimes, I get hungry when I work out a lot. But keep in mind you''re also expending a lot of energy. I feel like so long as I''m eating healthy and consciously (not snacking for the sake of snacking), I think it''s okay to listen to your body''s hunger signals. YAY for walking away from the sweets! Sorry about the hives and swollen lips. Enjoy your day with Andrew!

Geckodani, did you decide on the Y?

Lliang, YAY for going to yoga! 1400 calories depends on how tall you are, how much you want to lose and how active you are.

Merry, glad to hear you''re feeling so positive!

DeeJay, the thought of you belting out Meatloaf cracked me up!!! I think you, Marcy and I have similar music on our iPods!

Dragonfly, YAY for walks and crunches!

SS, hi! Glad to see you here. Sorry about the coughing. Hope you feel better soon.

Apple, wow, you can get your whole crew at work to work out during lunch! Sorry no TBT today.

Cdn, Awww, hope your furbaby feels better soon!

ILE, YAY for sticking to your 5am workouts! I get carb cravings too. Instead of avoiding them altogether, I find whole wheat alternatives and eat them in moderation so I don''t go on a binge.

Hope I got everyone! Have a great weekend!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It was -10 this morning with a wind chill of -20 something... and I swear my body is trying to hibernate! I have been a carb NUT this week. Blech. Hopefully the scale stays the same!!!

We''re holding off on the Y until we move - if we end up at the complex we''re currently looking at, they have a really nice workout room!!

somethingshiny - I hope you continue to feel better! So nice of your neighbor to come and help!

appletini - the Twilight books are like crack!!!

ILE - I feel you on the carbs! And I still can''t believe all you people that get up at 5 a.m.

Dee - I''ve seen the Kashi meals at Walmart, Meijer and Kroger.

Panda - yay for 3 day weekends! Me too!

Rod - Totally jealous of your deep sleep!

35.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey y''all!

I''ve bee BAD about posting this week. It''s been a crazy one at work and home. Lots going on!

I hit the gym 3x this workweek. I''m bummed that i didn''t make my goal of 5 visits, but i''ll take what i can get. Bootcamp begins next week, and I''m pumped. I''ve done a decent job on my own, over the 3-week hiatus but i''m really looking forward to having the guidance and support of my trainer and the other gals.

I''m off on our annual Winter Wineland trip this holiday weekend. I look forward to it every year! A group of us friends (8-10) rent a vacation home in the Russian River Valley area of CA and just have a fabulous time. I''m certainly going to watch what I eat (and drink), but i plan to enjoy myself too and go with the flow.

Congrats and YAHOO for pounds lost, workouts put in, and healthy food choices!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey everyone, so I got in a great hour long workout last night including squats, plies, crunches, bicycles, reverse crunches, side swipe thingies, lots of weight work, jumping jacks, push ups, and a little bit of Jillian 30 day but I got cramped in the middle so had to stop. Today I did 100 crunches, more weight work, and some jumping jacks and cross punches. Not sure if I''m doing anything tonight as I also had to go to Sam''s for work and that is a work out in itself (think the biggest loading cart possible, full and piling up to where I can''t see. And I have to push it... yeah. Plus loading and unloading the car. I''m tired. Eating has been good. I had toast with Peanut butter and most of a banana for breakfast, mid morning after Sam''s I had some goldfish cuz I was STARVED. Then lunch I had some chicken nuggets and strawberries. Not sure what SO and I are up to tonight, still deliberating. I WAS going to see my friend''s new baby horse Sunday BUT the mom has a rip in her uterus so that''s out until next week, they have to take them to Ocala so mom can get all stitched up and recover. So looks like SO''s little sister''s best friend''s birthday, sitting for my grandparents, and maybe go mudding or something if it warms up. It''s FREEZIN cold here.

For some reason my face is hurting today. My eyes are strained and hurting, my nose is dry and hurting, I have a fever blister that hurts, and overall I just have a headache and I"m sooooo tired. Sleepy tired.

Deejay - I''m mostly worried about toning my upper back. I feel like I look great until you get to my upper body and it looks big and flabby (the big tas don''t help but). So I''m trying to work in both arm and back toning. Push ups have been added as well.

Skippy - I love the Chicken Margarita! I bring it for lunch sometimes!

Steph - have you tried subbing in fruit when you get sweet cravings? It''s sweet and still healthy! I do that when I need something sweet and it usually helps. Especially melon and grapes
16.gif

Rod - I can''t say that I''ve done soup with Peanut butter and jelly. I normally do chicken noodle with grilled cheese
27.gif

marcy - my walks are totally on the treadmill love, or I''d do so. It''s freezing and foggy in the mornings here, and after the recent break in we had across the street by a drug addict, I''m not to keen to walk in the mornings anymore
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results