shape
carat
color
clarity

band width for 2.4 RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdha

Rough_Rock
What band width would you recommend for approx 2.4 RB in a 6 prong platinum tiffany-ish knife edge setting? I love the look of the Tiffany original, and I am having a hard time articulating the difference. Is the shank a different width than most? What makes it look different (better in my humble opinion) on the shank than others I have seen???

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit confused by your question. Are you asking for wedding band suggestions? If so, one of the greatest things about a simple setting is that you can wear any sort of wedding band with it. Can you go into a B&M store to try on a bunch of bands and see what works best?

tdha

Rough_Rock
Sorry if I am not clear. No, I mean the solitaire shank/band width itself. What is too thin, thick etc.. I really like the proportions of the Tiffany. It is not that I need it be confused with a Tiffany, it is just that aesthetically that is what i like. However, I can''t figure out what those proportions are, or if there is something different about the shank that gives it the look it has but I am missing it. Hope this helps.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the T&Co. shanks are about 2.7mm thick at the center. If you go with something that delicate (perfect IMHO), it will really show off the size of your stone.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany band tapers quite a bit. I have seen several threads that say that Tiffany custom sizes their bands depending on the size of the diamond. In another thread, I measured the band of the .99 solitaire I''m deciding on and got 3mm. at the widest point (near the diamond) tapering down to 1mm. at its narrowest point on the underside of the finger.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think the thinner bands are perfect with a larger stone
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results