shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you girls ever feel like you''re never satisfied??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
I second guess everything and I hate it! Really. I just bought a gorgeous 4.70 Daniel K Asscher band and it will be my "forever wedding band" but now I wish my engagement ring were different. I get an upgrade in a few years but... It''s like nothing is good enough for me and I don''t like it.

I love this forum but sometimes I think it makes me a little crazy. I just covet other people''s stuff sometimes. It''s not healthy. Does this make sense?

I''m a good, selfless person I promise! What is wrong with me? It''s like I''m on a quest for "the one ring." I''m going nutty over here! Anybody else feel the same way?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not me.

However, I''m pretty sure it was UCLABelle who changed her engagement ring multiple times. Do a search for her, I think you might find some comfort in looking at all of her changes!

Your new band sounds divine.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It''s the upgrade bug: someone around here will post a very funny description of it soon, I think (there''s a boilerplate that I tell myself to save each time, and always forget). I think this site can promulgate it, but I also think it''s something that''s got to be there in the individual in order to be exploited, if that makes sense.

I''m a covetous rodent by nature, and I think it can be healthy and satisfying, in its own way: I lusted madly after other people''s stacking bands until I acquired my own, and that made it a more satisfying process for me, in some ways. I got to plan, and fantasize, and then feel really pleased when I accomplished what I was after: it''s maybe more satisfying than just getting it immediately. Of courser, now I want bezel earrings, so who knows when/where/how that will end.

But if it''s making you unhappy, try taking a step back: some people taker complete PS breaks, some people just try to stay away from SMTR. And some, like me, try to own it and use it as a way to combat the instant gratification bug (I''m not just like this with bling, which makes it scarier - wanting tenure nownownow! can be a pain). I hope one of these solutions will work for you ... dissatisfaction is a terrible feeling.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I think I know what you're talking about. When I had my diamond in a solitaire, I was looking at bigger eternity bands (because I craved the bling factor) and they made my poor diamond look small on my hand. I think I wanted more "ring." Now, finally I am satisfied! Do you think that you're just craving more "bling" in your set?

Your set is very lovely and the eternity is gorgeous. I think you will find it!!! Just keep trying things on and hopefully you will find the set that will always make you smile. If even a finicky girl like I can do it, I am sure you can! You seem pretty close -- that is a forever wedding band to be sure. It's fabulous!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:30:50 AM
Author: Haven
Not me.

However, I''m pretty sure it was UCLABelle who changed her engagement ring multiple times. Do a search for her, I think you might find some comfort in looking at all of her changes!

Your new band sounds divine.

yeah, I''ve followed her plight. I won''t go down that road at least I hope not!!
6.gif

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:39:54 AM
Author: Circe
It''s the upgrade bug: someone around here will post a very funny description of it soon, I think (there''s a boilerplate that I tell myself to save each time, and always forget). I think this site can promulgate it, but I also think it''s something that''s got to be there in the individual in order to be exploited, if that makes sense.

I''m a covetous rodent by nature, and I think it can be healthy and satisfying, in its own way: I lusted madly after other people''s stacking bands until I acquired my own, and that made it a more satisfying process for me, in some ways. I got to plan, and fantasize, and then feel really pleased when I accomplished what I was after: it''s maybe more satisfying than just getting it immediately. Of courser, now I want bezel earrings, so who knows when/where/how that will end.

But if it''s making you unhappy, try taking a step back: some people taker complete PS breaks, some people just try to stay away from SMTR. And some, like me, try to own it and use it as a way to combat the instant gratification bug (I''m not just like this with bling, which makes it scarier - wanting tenure nownownow! can be a pain). I hope one of these solutions will work for you ... dissatisfaction is a terrible feeling.

the upgrade bug! that MUST be it. Plus, I live in La La land where there are some amazing, gorgeous rings! I love that you called yourself a "rodent" - ha! Very funny. I''m just an indecisive soul sometimes I suppose. Thanks for posting. Good points!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Could you focus your "must have sparklies" urges on something else? A pendant, some earrings, a RHR? That way you can still shop to your heart''s content without upgrading your ering over and over.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love your set! If the new amazing band is making you re-think your e-ring, maybe you can wear the w-band on the right hand and a more delicate band with your beautiful e-ring on the left?

I understand. The only time I ever felt shrinkage was when I had a solitaire and tried on larger sized eternity bands. They were probably meant for 5+ carat center stones, so my poor diamond was dwarfed! Your w-band is amazing enough to stand on its own. I love it!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:53:02 AM
Author: Bliss
I think I know what you''re talking about. When I had my diamond in a solitaire, I was looking at bigger eternity bands (because I craved the bling factor) and they made my poor diamond look small on my hand. I think I wanted more ''ring.'' Now, finally I am satisfied! Do you think that you''re just craving more ''bling'' in your set?

Your set is very lovely and the eternity is gorgeous. I think you will find it!!! Just keep trying things on and hopefully you will find the set that will always make you smile. If even a finicky girl like I can do it, I am sure you can! You seem pretty close -- that is a forever wedding band to be sure. It''s fabulous!

Yeah, I think I want a bigger stone but went for the bigger band and now it''s dwarfing my engagement ring. I''m just stacking my new (gorgeous) asscher band with another smaller band on my left finger and wearing my engagement ring on my right. I think I''ll be done obsessing after I get my 3ct Asscher upgrade in a few years and then I''ll be done with it!!! I''ll be able to truly enjoy my set. Hopefully!!

I just don''t want to be one of "those girls" who is never satisfied you know? It''s not a very attractive quality in a person. Thanks for taking the time to post :)

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:59:30 AM
Author: EricaR
Could you focus your ''must have sparklies'' urges on something else? A pendant, some earrings, a RHR? That way you can still shop to your heart''s content without upgrading your ering over and over.

I haven''t upgraded my ering yet but I do admit the Daniel K is my 3rd and final wedding band! Yeah, good tip to focus on other sparklies'' in the future. I think I''ll just start a little side savings account for my eventual and final ering upgrade that my Husband wants to do for me in a few years.

Also, I''m having a little baby very soon so I''m sure that once he''s here, all this will seem silly.

Thanks for replying.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:00:36 AM
I love your set! If the new amazing band is making you re-think your e-ring, maybe you can wear the w-band on the right hand and a more delicate band with your beautiful e-ring on the left?

I understand. The only time I ever felt shrinkage was when I had a solitaire and tried on larger sized eternity bands. They were probably meant for 5+ carat center stones, so my poor diamond was dwarfed! Your w-band is amazing enough to stand on its own. I love it!

Thanks Bliss! So funny, that''s exactly what I''m doing except I''m wearing my asscher band with a thinner Fay Cullen looking ring on my left wedding finger and my *dwarfed* engagement ring on my right. Great suggestion.

I went for the bigger carat band because all of my Mommy friends say that they wear their bands more anyway since having kids. I''m expecting my first in 4 weeks!
1.gif

It''s beautiful, I''m lucky. Thanks.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG, CONGRATULATIONS Miss Fortune!!!!

That is VERY VERY exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How wonderful!!!

ETA: Your ring isn't dwarfed! LOL. But I do agree, it takes a seriously massive center stone not to be upstaged by substantial wedding bands like the one you have. On the other hand, what a great decision you made. If that's the one you'll be wearing come Mommy time, it's incredible and stands proudly on its own.
36.gif

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:19:26 AM

How wonderful!!!

Thank you! I know! We are so thrilled!!! I can't believe it sometimes!!
1.gif

Edit: I agree - danke!!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:19:26 AM

How wonderful!!!

ETA: Your ring isn''t dwarfed! LOL. But I do agree, it takes a seriously massive center stone not to be upstaged by substantial wedding bands like the one you have. On the other hand, what a great decision you made. If that''s the one you''ll be wearing come Mommy time, it''s incredible and stands proudly on its own.
36.gif

p.s. no, seriously! My engagement ring is now dwarfed!
39.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m totally the opposite way. I never second guess myself and I''m the biggest inpulse buyer in the world! Once I set my mind on something that''s it. When I saw the lucida I knew that was the ring I wanted and nothing else has even come close to it for me. Same as my wedding dress, haven''t seen any other that I love as much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results