shape
carat
color
clarity

Early Mother''s Day Eye Candy/White Flash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Jlim... That was quite rude and, obviously, you don't know what you're talking about
angryfire.gif
. That spot, as Pq suggested, is simply dust. You can see the grade setter inclusions near the center of the table. I can post the plot of the stone, if you want.

To everybody: Thank you for the kind words... They're surely appreciated.
Mara... Would you believe it's 0.241ct??!! Such perfection in a 1/4ct!
Lesley... Your ring is simply like you... Great and beautiful!!
1.gif
1.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Giangi. Rude? What are you talking about? I saw a picture of a diamond but I happen to notice a spot right in the middle of the ring. I asked in a polite manner.

"What's this? Just a camera mistake, or speck of dust or an inclusion?"

In a post before that, I even said it looks stunning and so white.

I don't know what your problem is Giangi. But I'm also a camera buff. When I see a photo and I notice something out of place, I raised the question. It turns out, it wasn't a camera mistake nor an inclusion. It was a speck of dust which is what it turns out to me. If I took the photo, I would have clean the diamond and take another photo.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Eeeewwww Lesley!! That is a GORGEOUS ring/combo!!!
love.gif
Definitely a MAGNIFICENT 2 tone look!!!
1.gif

I was always a yellow gold person until my bout with contact dermatitis. Then I went platinum for my fingers. The white look has just spread to other jewelry. Works well for me too, which I would have never expected. I am a redhead and gold is a color that has always worked for me. After getting into platinum, I realized that white color jewelry actually highlighted/accentuated my natural skin tones. Instead of being a pale face all the time, I now have skin color too. I am not just a "carrot top".
9.gif

I'm with Mara. If you get stopped at the airport because your bags exceed the weight limit, you'll know why. We've snuck in and stowed away for a trip to Vegas to peruse EYE CANDY!!!
16.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Giangi, I don't think Jlim has been rude at all
1.gif

Jlim, it very well might be an inclusion. After all it is just SI2 under 20x magnification.

Nothing to worry about
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow so small but so beautiful!!! I may have to save some pennies to get a little sample stone for myself too.
2.gif
That is an incredibly clean looking SI2 also. I do see the center inclusions now that you point them out, but missed them before since I was too busy staring at the arrows!
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Well, Mara, you got me going. I was sooo attracted to the arrows, I didn't see the dust speck, much less the inclusion. I had to look for it too now that Giangi told the location. Geez, a casual glance at the magnified pic and that SI2 is eye clean. The diamond must be eye clean 4 sure in real life.

Warning, Mara. If you buy one, you'll be ruined. You'll play with it all day and never get any work done. LOL I am about to die because my necklace is so much prettier than my generic diamond studs, that I know what's coming next. Wanna Guess???
9.gif

dimsummy

Rough_Rock
Giangi,

(Drooling now)
3.gif
... gorgeous, simply geogeous. I cannot believe that is 1/4 carat.

BTW, how did you photograph this? It's almost like an ad photo!

Dimsummy

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Jlim... If I misunderstood you, I'm sorry. I felt that your comment wasn't a bit inadequate, though.

Mara... You're too kind! You're right... So small but so beautiful! I cannot understand how someone can small diamonds with such precision. WARNING: on a call, Lesley told me she has several ACA's in the 0.15 range... An anniversary band may be calling you! Tee hee! She has 0.02ct stones too! Would you believe this??!!
eek.gif

PQ... AGS is even too strict! I strongly believe this stone would get D SI 2 from GIA. Maybe D VVS 1 from EGL Antwerp.. Lol!
9.gif
9.gif

Dimsummy... Lesley took that great picture! Everything about her is great! Am I right?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Look at this pattern! It's 0.241ct!!!!!

HA_AGS-3767505.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The idealscope... You can't stop me now!
9.gif
1.gif

ID_AGS-3767505.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*perk* Did I hear .02 stones???? Hmmmmmmmm. Well...there IS the wedding band that will be created to match my e-ring. We'll need about 25 .03c stones. Hmmmm.
11.gif

PQ I am sure I will be ruined--I am already obsessed...but isn't the road downhill SO MUCH FUN??
2.gif

When we got our e-ring my earrings didn't look so great anymore in comparison. Thank goodness our jeweler traded them in for the right thing (they were sold to us incorrectly graded) and now our earrings are G VS just like my ring. YEAH! But they do look a tad small?
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Gosh! It's contagious. I had to post mine from the website before my diamond was purchased. Maybe Lesley will do me the honor of posting the BIGGER pic.
1.gif

di_AGS-3650304.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
My studs aren't graded diamonds. Just generics from our local jeweler. But they are a better than Maul store cut, color, and clarity. I used to constantly get compliments on them. Shows just what the average public knows. I don't think they'll be getting looks and compliments anymore now that my ears have to compete with my neck. LOL
1.gif

Eeeewww! The smaller ACA's would make a "pertifull" (as my one daughter says) ring. If you do it, you must post eye candy!! That would be one GORGEOUS band.

Oh, BTW, Mara, I was so glad for your post to the vendors about trade-ins. Before I saw that, I was hoping to maybe trade my generic studs in for a discount on some nice ones. Guess not. Now, I'll just have to wait a while.
15.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Pq... That's incredibly beautiful! ACA's are the greatest, huh?

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Giangi:

Thank you for your compliments. Unfortunately my expertise does not extend to diamond & jewelry photography!! We leave that up to Brian and the team at the processing center!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
My dear Lesley... You deserve this and much more! Let me tell you that all your staff is great: Judi, Denise and so on!
1.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

BTW, your ring is absolutely exquisite!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ--yes I have been wondering about the trade-ins for a while. However only NiceIce posted, I am interested in other opinions too. I think I will bump that thread.

It would be ideal in the future if we could trade up my ring but keep the original stone..I would love to have it as a pendant or something for a future child. If we could afford to do that AND get me a big honker of a rock later (eeehaa!) that would be great. But it not, we may have to run the trade-in route...and I figured I should ask now what the details would be on that, to see if we were pidgeonholed into using only our original jeweler.
sad.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the same boat, Mara. White Flash has lifetime upgrade for the diamond I just bought, but I would have to back to my regular jeweler to upgrade my studs.

Our jeweler is a decent gal, but she doesn't market cut and certs and all that. She has a good eye for "nicer" diamonds, but doesn't offer the quality of PS vendors. She sells certed diamonds around 1 carat and above, but most of her clients aren't geared that way. It's a "Chic", small town jewelry store with cozy and warm feel. She has a beautiful chandelier in the center of the store with neat art work and sculptures placed here and there. The cases are antiques, not typical jewelry store display cases. There's always candies sitting out. A vase of gold dipped, dried roses sits on a glass topped round display table near the door, where you are greeted by the family dog, a black Lab. A couple local designers showcase their jewelry there as well.

Oh well, we can hope, can't we??!!
wacko.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ--our boats sound very similar. Our jeweler is a family guy who runs the biz with his wife...she sells the girls on the settings, he sells the guys on the stones. Hee hee. They make a great team. He's been in the biz for 30-40+ years, used to be VP of Kay's or something like that. Anyway, they have a small boutiquish shop right near the water in Aptos, CA...in a very small complex near alot of residential beach areas. Very nice houses over there. They only have about 5 cases with jewelry but he calls stones in from his wholesalers. They did very well by us on the last earring modification, but they definitely are not into getting certed earrings or anything like that much less having two H&A earrings or ACA stones.

As a thank you for putting up with me and my analness while we bought our ring and stone, I sent them an IdealScope to play with. They are more from the old-school train of GIA thought. Their little white dog has a bed under one of the jewelry cases and guards the safe very fiercely...hee hee. Their clients are mostly return business that Jeff has built up over the years, and people like my best girlfriend's mother who buys a big stone of some sort each year. Of course my friend's mom doesn't ask for crown and pav angles...she just goes by the eye. She has a very impressive jewelry collection I hear. She's worked with Jeff for something like 20 years.

Anyway, not H&A or GOG or WhiteFlash, but you never know. Maybe with the new IdealScope...future stones from Jeff will have superior light return...therefore indirectly over time benefitting us!
2.gif
Hee hee. It will have to suffice for the earrings and existing e-ring unless something else pops up!

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Wow...your diamond is absolutely stunning. Congratulations!
Thanks for your feedback on my topic. You were really helpful. I have also had a brief discussion with Lesley over the phone as I have just ordered a diamond engagement ring from whiteflash and it is due to arrive in about a week. Lesley seems very kind over the phone and has been very helpful with her swift replies to my emails. I can't wait to get the diamond ring.(see my topic for reference and feel free to add ur comments!)

Nicolas Pavlou
lickout.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Nicolas~

Glad you came and took a look. Now you have some idea what a treat you are in for. My ACA is H in color and Giangi's is I in color, and both appear very white and bright.

I can't even begin to imagine what your F will look like. You'll need sunglasses just to be around it! LOL
10.gif

Your gal will have the sparkliest, whitest, flashiest e-ring. You just won't believe how incredible the ACA cut enhances the performance of the any diamond!
2.gif

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your kind words. Here is a preview photo of Georgia and me from last year's summer holiday. I'll try and post photos of the ring next week when I receive it and even more pics next month of the ring on Georgia's finger (if she says YES
2.gif
)
I'll keep you posted. Sorry for throwing a pic at you with no diamond in it. It's just for a preview to were the ring is headed for!

Take care and I'll keep you posted!
Nick
Georgia%20and%20Nicolas.JPG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH, NICK! You two are absolutely GORGEOUS together! Seperately too, of course. LOL
love.gif

Ah,.... to be young with my "girlish" figure again!
6.gif
I can only remember those days fondly.
16.gif

Enjoy! She looks like a great gal, and you aren't so bad yourself!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results