shape
carat
color
clarity

Which do you like better- STDs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Which one do you like better?? 1 or 2.... Me and FI like opposite ones... go figure!

Or if neither.... say neither....

savethedate2.jpg

2 is the better of the two (imo), however the curlz font needs to be changed to something else (sans serif).. These STD''s won''t be THAT big and using a font with detail such as that gets lost when it is used below certain sizes!! Have you considered matching the letters of "L O V E" to a color in the castle? Some kind of blue??

Great start
5.gif

Oh, and I want to say that it''s not that I don''t like the other one, i think the engagement story being told is ADORABLE, but the other one wins my vote!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 1:43:07 AM
Author: swedish bean
2 is the better of the two (imo), however the curlz font needs to be changed to something else (sans serif).. These STD''s won''t be THAT big and using a font with detail such as that gets lost when it is used below certain sizes!! Have you considered matching the letters of ''L O V E'' to a color in the castle? Some kind of blue??

Great start
5.gif
thanks! I was actually planning on making them postcard size?? what is that 4"x6"?? I did a practice print-out of the font and it looked fine... but thats for the heads up... I''ll definitely watch for that if we decide to make them smaller....

Ill also play with the colors a bit too... and see what it looks like! thanks for the suggestion! :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
what about something like this swedish?? I think I might have to move around mine and my FI's name because his is longer than mine...

Oh and this is number 3 for voting...

EDIT: The colors are ALOT more tiffany blue looking than the pic is showing... I dont know why its doing that....grrrrr

savethedate6-300aps.jpg

I like that.
5.gif

Have you found a place to print them yet?? And remember to leave room for the bleed...
There is a site I''ve printed business cards from, Overnightprints . com , they have 10% off right now through the new year. I think they have pretty fair prices too! Anyways,
37.gif
good work! And I love your engagement story, sooo cute!

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I love the first one!!! I''m assuming those are actual pictures of him proposing....you can''t get any cuter than that!!!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 3:15:19 AM
Author: ice-queen
I love the first one!!! I''m assuming those are actual pictures of him proposing....you can''t get any cuter than that!!!
I agree!! It''s awesome to have a story to tell people and these pictures do it well!!

BTW: My FI proposed to me in front of Cinderella''s castle, too!! :) Unfortunately, he couldn''t get ahold of a photographer AT ALL. I told him waaay in advance that if he ever proposed (when, is more like it ;-) ) I wanted it photographed. *SIGH* Things don''t always work out the way we want them to (as in, the way he proposed was actually "PLAN 3" or plan c? LOL, and NOT his original plan), but it''s the guy, not the proposal, that matters, right? :)

ANYWAY, I think #1 will be something that people will remember and it will stick out more...number 2, although nice, and personalized, is kind of like ''just any other STD,'' you know??

Let us know what you decide! :)

-Rachel

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i like the second one better :)
i do love those first photos though, i remembered when you posted them!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 3:35:03 AM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Date: 12/21/2008 3:15:19 AM

Author: ice-queen

ANYWAY, I think #1 will be something that people will remember and it will stick out more...number 2, although nice, and personalized, is kind of like ''just any other STD,'' you know??

Let us know what you decide! :)

-Rachel

same here....the pictures in #1 made me stare at it longer and i found myself smiling....#2 is nice, too - just in a simpler, to the point way

i vote for #1 - the only thing i would change is the polka dots up top, maybe add some blue somehow up there - but thats just me - other people like polka dots! :)

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
You did a great job on your STD! I love both of them, but #2 a teensy bit more.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
#2!! It''s cleaner, and the flow (of words and design) is a lot better, IMO. #1 is a bit busy, I think.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the first one! As a guest to your wedding who maybe hadn''t heard the proposal story, I would LOVE to get to see actual photos of it! And I think the photos are adorable. I wish I had photos of my FI proposing! You lucky girl! So yeah, I would definitely go with number 1. SO CUTE!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am completely torn - #1 is so cute the way it tells the story, but i really do think it''s too busy. My eyes just go everywhere when i am looking at it. I prefer #2 just a little bit more - and i definitely prefer #2 to #3, because adding the tiffany blue to the LOVE part of it is distracting....i like how the castle pops in the second one.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
They are both very cute. I like the font! I am leaning towards the second because the one large photo says it all. He proposed at Disneyland. But I really like he way the first on has you names large. I''d like a version with both os those elements, large names, one photo.

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one better. It shows the progression of the proposal.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one! In my book "unforgetable" outweighs any graphic edge the second one might have.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one - but without the dots around your names. The second one (with the color adjusted) is mega-cute, too - but I like how the first one shows a story.

Oh - and if you did go with the first one, the T in "the" probably shouldn't be capitalized - just the S and D in Save and Date. :)

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #1, but would it be possible to replace one of the photos with one of both of you looking at the camera? Might be nice to have just one face-on shot...

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 1:28:09 PM
Author: Sha
#2!! It''s cleaner, and the flow (of words and design) is a lot better, IMO. #1 is a bit busy, I think.
BB, I agree with Sha on this one. In theory, I like the idea of #1, but the execution of it looks too busy to me. I definitely prefer #2
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 2:34:16 PM
Author: VRBeauty
The first one! In my book ''unforgetable'' outweighs any graphic edge the second one might have.

I agree. I definitely love the first one.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the opinions so far... any thoughts on this one??

FI doesnt like the sweatshirt he is wearing in the second one... he really likes how it tells the story... I tried to make one not as busy... what do you think now??

savethedate3a.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 7:32:35 PM
Author: blondebunny

FI doesnt like the sweatshirt he is wearing in the second one... he really likes how it tells the story... I tried to make one not as busy... what do you think now??
FWIW, I still prefer the second sample you posted, but between this one and the first, I definitely like this one better. It''s not as busy.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
#1 for sure.

I love the second one, but I have an affinity for polkadots, so please don''t take those out.

I also like the story and pictures of the proposal on #1 and I don''t think it''s too busy. Too busy is what my SIL when did when designing their STD so that people thought it was a postcard advertising a 25% discount on dancing lessons and tossed it.
6.gif

I can see why it''s hard to choose because they are both really good.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 7:32:35 PM
Author: blondebunny

I like this one the best. I love the fact that it has the proposal story with pics and is a little cleaner than #1 so it''s easier to see, right away, that it''s a save the date.
The only thing that *I* think would make it perfect would be if you were able to add in your wedding website address somewhere, in addition to, the formal invite to follow etc.

Looking good! Fantastic job ... you''re just so talented.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
While number 1 is really cool, it is too busy for my taste. I love the simplicity of number 2. So number 2 is my pick. Hmmm, maybe you could merge the two.......

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about if you remove the surfboard -- er, frame -- around your names?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the responses everyone!! its definitely helping get an idea of what looks good- all FI said was that he didnt like the one picture that i love because he didnt like that he was wearing his sweatshirt in it... seriously who cares... but whatever! :)

Here are 2 more I did with some of the requests from people- thanks! :) u like either?

savethedate3b.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and with a square instead of a circle.. any better now?

savethedate3c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results