shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most offensive or insulting gift you''ve ever received for Christmas??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dollar store size six children''s sleeper for my newborn preemie daughter. I mean even folded in quarters it still would overwhelm her tiny body. If I had kept it she would have fit in it seven years later. Stupid.......
29.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I have two sisters and when I was about 8...my sisters were 6 and 4 my grandmother got us cigarette cases. The leather ones with the clip at the top. I guess she thought they were purses. My mom was so pissed. Obviously she didn''t think we should start smoking but it none the less is pretty funny.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
my grandmother gave me the start up kit to weight watchers. I was only 15.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
An ex BF gave me a mug and a 3D butterfly puzzle.
27.gif
Saw them at the mall. buy 1 get 2 free.
32.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
when i was about 12 my friend gave me a pubic hair trimmer---she thought it was just an electric shaver..lol...come to think of it my grandma took it
32.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The worst was from a relative of Dh's who's always been mean to me. She worked in corporate at the time and got a HUGE 40% discount on clothes from that store.

What did she bought me? Keep in mind, I'm petite and a size 2. . .she got me a BLACK mumu made out of jersey material. It was about 10 sizes too big AND it hit me at mid calf. Very hot!

I took the best revenge approach I could and told her I loved it! She was MAD at me after that! lol

ETA - I wasn't offended by the dress itself, but by the fact that she purposely bought me an ugly dress because she hates me. I can't stand her either and I love to be nice to her while she's glaring at me. It's funny! lol

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
A used version of a kid''s Puffin paperback that is still in print.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
One year my MIL gave me a powder blue t-shirt, a powder blue scarf and some wretched plastic powder blue brooch. She said, while looking right at me, "I bought them to match your eyes." Um. My eyes are black. Also I wear black, or burgundy, or maybe eggplant purple. Not pastels. They were all used, even better.

She told me to wear pastels to her wedding a few years ago- I went for grey. Pastel black, right?!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The most insulting gift was the lack of any gift or thank you for hard work...worked at a very well known jewelry chain with 29 stores nation wide last christmas and the owner gave no bonus,gift card,special employee discount,nothing...not even a thank you or christmas card or message in the Dec.paycheck that lacked Decembers bonus/commission because we had a 3.5 million quota for the month of December and only sold 2.5 million for the month of Dec for this ungrateful man......very insulting.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 10:03:07 PM
Author: jewelerman
The most insulting gift was the lack of any gift or thank you for hard work...worked at a very well known jewelry chain with 29 stores nation wide last christmas and the owner gave no bonus,gift card,special employee discount,nothing...not even a thank you or christmas card or message in the Dec.paycheck that lacked Decembers bonus/commission because we had a 3.5 million quota for the month of December and only sold 2.5 million for the month of Dec for this ungrateful man......very insulting.
I''ve had a similar experience.

The catering company i worked for one year got everyone a 25 gift certificate... to the company.
20.gif
although i guess it did come in handy when i wanted a sandwich.

Not that i was really expecting a bonus, but he did manage to throw all the new markets a holiday party, but not the original market (where i worked).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 1:27:26 PM
Author: surfgirl
Pffft! These are nothing...My then-boyfriend''s hideous drunk step mother once gave me a white sweatshirt covered with some heinous hand painted craptastic design all over it. You know that ''puff paint'' stuff, except if you''re not artistic, that stuff wont suddenly turn you into a Picasso. But it wasn''t really the paint part, when I went to put it on (I was trying to be polite), I saw that it had no tags on it, then I noticed it wasn''t quite white, more like a gray dingy color, there were little balls of ''pilling'' all over it, and there was a brown ''ring around the collar'' stain of neck grime around the collar area. Needless to say I decided to not put it on. Totally gross.

Eeeeewww!!
32.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 12:13:25 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
my grandmother gave me the start up kit to weight watchers. I was only 15.
My mom gave me the same thing three years ago, when I was the skinniest I had been in a long time. Thanks mom!

rnbwsktles

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 7:11:29 AM
Author: jcarlylew82
Date: 12/21/2008 10:03:07 PM

Author: jewelerman

I''ve had a similar experience.

The catering company i worked for one year got everyone a 25 gift certificate... to the company.

20.gif
although i guess it did come in handy when i wanted a sandwich.

Not that i was really expecting a bonus, but he did manage to throw all the new markets a holiday party, but not the original market (where i worked).

I hear you there! I work for a very small family owned business and bonuses are fairly common. We always got one for Christmas and even if we voted in major elections. Employees who have had children have gotten $100 gift certificates to Babies R Us, etc. But this year we didn''t do as well since the economy isn''t great, and the owners have two custom built condos to pay off, so no bonus for us!

As for the "practical" gifts that many find offensive...I love them! My boyfriend gave me long underwear for our first anniversary. We had a discussion before that about how he couldn''t believe I had never owned a pair. I absolutely love them. His family is big on practical gifts and it''s very hard for him to think outside of that. He has given me jewelry on many occasions, but it''s really the thought that I know he puts into stuff that counts for me.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
More funny than insulting (and I think I may have posted this before so please forgive) but my husband''s aunt, known for (ahem) creative gifts, gave me Winnie-the-Pooh bubble bath, buggle-gum scented, and it came with a Piglet scrubbie. I felt sure she had accidentally put my name tag on the wrong gift...so I was smiling because I just knew she was going to be embarrassed, and we would all have a big laugh....but instead when I held it up and said, "Thank you!" she just said, "So, you like it?"

Huh?
23.gif

Has been good comedy conversation for the last few years...
9.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I was blessed with a grandmother who decided I was the spawn of Satan...when I was 10 she gave me a pack of sponges. Not the bath loofa kind, nor the, uh, birth control kind. Dish sponges. Didn''t even have the scrubbie side. I wanted to sing the theme from "Oliver."

When I was 11, she gave me a plastic rain bonnet...the kind you pick up at KMart 10 for a dollar.

She also told me she hated me. That was the greatest gift of all.
38.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The gift itself wasn''t offensive just the way it was given.

My roommate at the time had purchased some bath and body lotions/body wash set that was about $5.99. She told me that she bought it as an "I don''t want to give you a gift but kind of need to so here have some soap" to whomever shows up to the house at the last minute.

About a week before Christmas she and I got into a little roommate argument.

Guess what my gift was that year?
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results