shape
carat
color
clarity

Four horrible ways to get him to pop the question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha!

I am not above doing any of those, should I find it necessary.
31.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
# 3

The angry passive-aggressive "hint": "What do you want for Hanukkah," he asks sweetly. "I want to die alone, in my parents'' basement, covered in cat hair," you hiss in reply, as your head spins like a top and pea soup spews from your mouth. You charmer -- who wouldn''t wanna marry you?

Ha!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 7:20:52 PM
Author: Bia
# 3

The angry passive-aggressive ''hint'': ''What do you want for Hanukkah,'' he asks sweetly. ''I want to die alone, in my parents'' basement, covered in cat hair,'' you hiss in reply, as your head spins like a top and pea soup spews from your mouth. You charmer -- who wouldn''t wanna marry you?

Ha!

Yeah I liked that one too. I also thought the give the aunt the other finger comment very amusing.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I dunno. In a fair world, women wouldn''t be reduced to the desperation that spawns these kind of joke-articles.
I hate that women now have to provide a full relationship for men that don''t wish to marry.
It IS unfair.
Men are not a special species that is above and beyond the responsibilities of relationship. They should have to deal with their stuff.

The shop security industry apparently works on the idea that 80 per cent of the population will shop lift if given the opportunity and desire for the goods. Why should the area (industry?) of love be any different regarding honesty levels?

I got lucky and my man surprised me with an early proposal. It did mean I had to compromise and not get a flashy ring. Ultimately, who cares?
Lots of women just as nice as me are forced to carry on compromising their own lives and integrity to be ''available'' to the man they have already given everything to.

I know I''m ''out of date'' (as if the reality of love changes every twenty years or so anyway...) but I just can''t recombobulate myself to see it in any other way...
Society used to understand this dynamic much better.
They say this Gen Y is a more conservative generation though, so perhaps it''s same old, same new. I''m generation X and all the men were really down on love. (until they got their grey hairs)
*end rant, puff, pant*
3.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha! I found the comments particularly amusing! I love it when people respond to these types of articles! It just cracks me up.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 8:05:01 PM
Author: LaraOnline
I dunno. In a fair world, women wouldn''t be reduced to the desperation that spawns these kind of joke-articles.

I hate that women now have to provide a full relationship for men that don''t wish to marry.

It IS unfair.

Men are not a special species that is above and beyond the responsibilities of relationship. They should have to deal with their stuff.

*end rant, puff, pant*
3.gif

Well put Lara!

In my own head, I second guess and plan my words so as not to sound like a nag...but I''m only at risk for being a nag, until he says he''s figured his stuff out.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 7:20:52 PM
Author: Bia
# 3

The angry passive-aggressive ''hint'': ''What do you want for Hanukkah,'' he asks sweetly. ''I want to die alone, in my parents'' basement, covered in cat hair,'' you hiss in reply, as your head spins like a top and pea soup spews from your mouth. You charmer -- who wouldn''t wanna marry you?

Ha!
LOL, my brother was telling me about a med school friend whose GF wanted to get married, so she did everything for him and treated him like a king, his behavior leaving much to be desired. Then she decided it was "time for him to pop the Q" and she just started nagging him and picking fights and making his life miserable until he did. Which he did. And they got married. I hope they are happy. My brother said he said some really moving and powerful things about marriage, and seemed happy. I hope THEY are both happy.

I never want to be that girl.

But I did tell SO after we celebrated 5 yrs together that all bets were off, and that he had had 5 yrs to seal the deal already.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results