shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Baby Shower Gift Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I was invited to a baby shower in January for DH''s cousin. I''m not sure if I''ll be attending but want to send a gift either way. One idea I had was to purchase the baby bathtub off of her registry and fill it with some small items both from her registry and non-registry. What are some really great little items that I could purchase? I''ll probably get the washcloths and some bath products that she registered for and maybe one of those giraffe teethers that I''ve seen mentioned here but need some more ideas. I''d like to keep everything around $40-$50. Thanks in advance!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Last baby shower I went to we did something similar friends and I combined funds and got essentials for the baby like singlets, nappies, washcloths, wet ones, baby powder etc stuff that would be needed from day to day and popped them into a tub.

The mum to be thought it was fantastic and her mum was very impressed that we got stuff that would be needed and practical.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooded towels are cute and practical, soothing baby wash, washcloths, diaper rash creme, baby shampoo, a rubber ducky (they make these great ones with temperature gauges on the bottom, I''d get one of those).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The washcloths with the soap already in them are GREAT for traveling. Whatever you do RESIST the bathrobe. DD has 3 and has never worn any of them. She doesn''t do a lot of lounging around after her bath. Also we have a rubber ducky with the temperature thing that is great. Lotion would be a good idea. Can never have enough hooded towels. She has a bath book (that is made out of plastic she loves). The giraffe teether is $20 so I would skip that since it would be half your budget.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I agree with a lot of what has already been recommended. Hooded towels are great, but make sure you get good quality, thick towels. The cheap, thin ones are worthless and we never use them because my DD gets cold and they barely absorb any water.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the ideas mentioned are great. Another item you can add is a small treat for the mom-to-be
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendations! I''ve seen those temperature rubber duckies before... are there different brands that work better than others? The problem with getting something for the mom to be is that I really don''t know her. I''ve only met her once and can''t even remember her face because it was at the wedding and I was rushing around. She isn''t finished adding items to her registry yet so if she adds anything for herself then I''ll see about picking it up. Otherwise, are there any little suggestions you can think of? No one I''m close to in DH''s family is close to the mother-to-be so I can''t really ask around. Also, I might skip Sophie the Giraffe since she is kinda pricey... I was hoping to find one on ebay or something but it looks like that prob won''t happen. Have ya''ll seen her "cousins"? I think they are less expensive, a little smaller, and look kinda strange but cute.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oob, DD also LOVES these plastic cups in the bath. One has holes in the bottom so it is like "rain." They came with our rain forest bath but I am sure you can buy them separately.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve seen those, Tacori.

I''m thinking about asking DH''s siblings if they''d like to go in on the gift with me so we can fill the tub up with even more goodies. I know a couple were planning on getting her a gift even though they weren''t going to the shower.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well if you are buying a bathtub you''ve got to get a rubber duckie! Along with everything else the others above said!

What a great gift you will give!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results