shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Best treatment for DRY hair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 10:40:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Yay Ezza! Told ya you would work it out!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
hi501.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, my hair is drying as we speak, after using the Kerastase. It's a little bit softer, but not 40 dollars worth, by far.
39.gif

My mom suggested something I had been thinking, to tackle the problem from the inside out. So far I've been trying to treat the symptom, not the problem. I need more oil/moisture in my system. She suggested taking cod liver oil daily. I think I may try that next. She says they make a mint flavored, which almost sounded more disgusting than regular, but she says it's really not bad. So I'll give it a go....

1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 4:45:36 PM
Author: Ellen
Ok, my hair is drying as we speak, after using the Kerastase. It's a little bit softer, but not 40 dollars worth, by far.
39.gif

My mom suggested something I had been thinking, to tackle the problem from the inside out. So far I've been trying to treat the symptom, not the problem. I need more oil/moisture in my system. She suggested taking cod liver oil daily. I think I may try that next. She says they make a mint flavored, which almost sounded more disgusting than regular, but she says it's really not bad. So I'll give it a go....

1237397y6kr97ild4.gif
bummer, I was thinking the same thing or maybe prenatal vitamins? Can you add extra oils like olive oil or flaxseed oil to your diet also? Flax and Cod both taste icky!
14.gif
My mom use to make us have a table spoon of cod liver oil as kids. I think I would try the mint flavored though like your mom suggests.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:06:02 PM
Author: Skippy123
bummer, I was thinking the same thing or maybe prenatal vitamins? Can you add extra oils like olive oil or flaxseed oil to your diet also? Flax and Cod both taste icky!
14.gif
My mom use to make us have a table spoon of cod liver oil as kids. I think I would try the mint flavored though like your mom suggests.
So did mine!
14.gif
Mom said the minty one really wasn''t bad, and she''s got some, so I''ll try it before I buy it.

How would I "add" oo to my diet? I cook with it sometimes, but I don''t know what else I could do, on a dialy basis. And I don''t like flax....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:25:12 PM

Date: 11/29/2008 5:06:02 PM
14.gif
So did mine!
14.gif
Mom said the minty one really wasn't bad, and she's got some, so I'll try it before I buy it.

How would I 'add' oo to my diet? I cook with it sometimes, but I don't know what else I could do, on a dialy basis. And I don't like flax....
lol.gif
Geez, what were our mom's thinking?!?! Little kids have the best hair and skin!!! Do you eat eggs for breakfast? Maybe fry your eggs in olive oil or put it in a soup you are eating; I try really hard to get oil in my diet because I read it is beneficial for absorbing vitamins.

eta: your hair looked nice and shiny the last time I saw you! I notice when I get a haircut and then go home and do a conditioning treatmeant right away it helps.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:36:04 PM

lol.gif
Geez, what were our mom''s thinking?!?! Little kids have the best hair and skin!!! Do you eat eggs for breakfast? Maybe fry your eggs in olive oil or put it in a soup you are eating; I try really hard to get oil in my diet because I read it is beneficial for absorbing vitamins.
Well, my mom is a health nut, so take it from there. You wouldn''t believe some of the stuff she made me take besides the CLO.
yikes2.gif
Not sure what yours was thinkin.
9.gif

I do eat eggs sometimes, but not that often. If I can stomach the CLO, I think that will be good enough, better than nothing.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suave has knock-off Biolage, so you might try it, too, after you finish whatever regimen you''re on right now. I mean... it''s 2 bucks for a shampoo.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
julie, thanks. I''ll certainly keep trying stuff (and cheap sounds good), but I have a feeling my particular "problem" needs more than a good conditioner. Especially since two well regarded ones didn''t work.
40.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2008 4:45:36 PM
Ok, my hair is drying as we speak, after using the Kerastase. It''s a little bit softer, but not 40 dollars worth, by far.
39.gif

My mom suggested something I had been thinking, to tackle the problem from the inside out. So far I''ve been trying to treat the symptom, not the problem. I need more oil/moisture in my system. She suggested taking cod liver oil daily. I think I may try that next. She says they make a mint flavored, which almost sounded more disgusting than regular, but she says it''s really not bad. So I''ll give it a go....

1237397y6kr97ild4.gif
Well poo.....
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 8:54:12 AM

Well poo.....
7.gif
That''s what I said. Well, that isn''t exactly what I said, but close.
9.gif

Wahhhhh.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2008 9:46:19 AM

Date: 11/30/2008 8:54:12 AM

Well poo.....
7.gif
That''s what I said. Well, that isn''t exactly what I said, but close.
9.gif

Wahhhhh.gif
* covers ears*
9.gif
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, it''s not unusual for you to have dry hair this time of year. I have this problem myself in the winter. My forced hot air system at work and at home really dries out my hair, and skin to a point.
I''ve tried a lot of stuff on my hair. I just ordered Wen so we''ll see how that goes. It''s not a shampoo but a conditioner that you use in place of shampoo. Supposed to be good for dry hair. I''m willing to try anything right now. I do think daily shampooing dries out hair, then we use conditioner to put the moisture back in. Then I need a hair styling product to give my conditioned hair some volume, then hairspray which probably dries it, then another conditioner for that,.....the never ending cycle for the quest for beautiful hair!
Keep us informed. I''ll let you know how this stuff I ordered works. Seems people either love it or hate it. I got it off qvc.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
d, thanks. But this is not just a winter problem, it''s all year round. Though it''s become more pronounced lately due to hormonal changes.
40.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, I''ve been using the wen now for a couple of days and you should give it a shot. It is very moisturizing. Almost too moisturizing so I need to be careful my hair doesn''t come out flat. I have fine, thin hair. It doesn''t lather so it''s sort of like washing your hair with a conditioner. You can use as a leave in conditioner in small amounts as well. Check out the reviews. I have the almond-mint one.
It''s $28 plus shipping on qvc.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Something interesting I found while researching the Kerastatse Oleo-Relax Serum: L''Oreal Smooth-Intense Anti frizz Serum is almost the identical product (identical ingredients, same parent company) But, the Smooth-Intense is about $30 USD cheaper.

Accidental discovery: I put a water filter in my shower, at my eye doctor''s behest, because the chemicals in this city''s water system were irritating my eyes (I wear contacts). The side effect? Since the chemicals (most notably chlorine) have been filtered out, I''ve noticed an improvement in the health/condition of my hair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results