shape
carat
color
clarity

Good scar cream??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a good scar cream that they can recommend???Ive tried mederma in the past and I dont remember it working well... And I really need a good one! :) Thanks

BB

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it a raised scar?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ummm it probably wont be... I had a BA yesterday again.. and this time they did under and I dont want scars there so I thought Id get a good scar cream... But im assuming it wont be raised...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
A BA? Not sure what that is. For fresh scars the neosporin scar strips (they are silicone) can help "calm" it, but help most with raised scars not depressed ones.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
breast augmentation :)

Thanks for the tips on the neosporin strips... I have to wear the tape over the incision area for like a month.. so after that I will get those to try! :)

Also else have any ideas??

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Which type of mederma did you use? I have been using the gel instead of the cream and am having really good luck with it so far, but you are much more fair skinned than I am. If you try the strip things let me know how they go- I have an awful scar that needs to go away for my wedding.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''ve used Scar Zone with decent success. Also aloe vera helps with the healing process.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The best thing you can do for scars is to keep them out of the sun!
3.gif
I would also try mederma. Ask your surgeon when you go in for a wound check. Good luck with your recovery! You must be doing pretty well if you are PSing and had surgery yesterday. My friend was sick for days after she had her BA.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 12:28:25 PM
Author: Miranda
The best thing you can do for scars is to keep them out of the sun!
3.gif
I would also try mederma. Ask your surgeon when you go in for a wound check. Good luck with your recovery! You must be doing pretty well if you are PSing and had surgery yesterday. My friend was sick for days after she had her BA.
well this is my second one... the first one I went through the belly button and had NO problems... this type he did the incision underneath and they actually hurt and are sore :( I was kinda sick today when I was changing and had to lay down.... but I think since im pretty healthy and young i bounce back pretty well... just really SUPER sore today... which is NO FUN! I tried mederma before and I didnt like it... I am also not allowed in the sun since I have the basil skin cancer... booo... so hopefully they will heal pretty well!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I am going to ask my surgeon when I go back in next Wed what i should use! Thanks!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope that you''re doing well after the operation bb!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Vitamin E is supposed to be good for scars. Just get those gel vitamin E pills, and prick one open with a pin and squeeze it out.

I have a small scar from appendicitis I had earlier this year and I''ve been putting Vitamin E on it probably about 4-5 times per week since then. It''s lookin pretty good I think..

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I used mederma gel after my BR (breat reduction) one of the key things is to really massage whatever you use in....it helps break up the scar tissue. I put Mederma on 4 to 5 times a day for about two months after my surgery. one of my scars raised up some and I went back to the Dr. and he gave me shots of something that flattened the scar out....try not to do this....it hurt almost worse than the whole surgery.

You can also try breaking open a vitamin E capsul and putting that on your skin, my friend did that with a minor chemical burn and it went away, but I don''t know if that is really good for your or not.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 10:37:39 PM
Author: lala2332
I used mederma gel after my BR (breat reduction) one of the key things is to really massage whatever you use in....it helps break up the scar tissue. I put Mederma on 4 to 5 times a day for about two months after my surgery. one of my scars raised up some and I went back to the Dr. and he gave me shots of something that flattened the scar out....try not to do this....it hurt almost worse than the whole surgery.

You can also try breaking open a vitamin E capsul and putting that on your skin, my friend did that with a minor chemical burn and it went away, but I don''t know if that is really good for your or not.

I would trust a natural vitamin E capsule more than i would trust any strange chemical ingredients in mederma.. but that''s just me..
I''m all for natural alternatives.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Your doctor should be able to give you a good recommenation...important to keep the scar area clean and dry...and contact him/her at the first sign of anything ''off''

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone! I wont be able to put anything on it for about another 3 weeks until I can take the tape off.. I think I might try it all.. LOL.. the neosporin strips... and the vitamin E... but prob not mederma because it hasnt worked for me in the past... Ill let yall know what works the best!! :)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I second the Vitamin E. I used it for a cut on my arm and it worked really well. You just have to make sure to apply it whenever you think of it.

I used to use the capsules but not long ago my BF brought home a bottle of it and its a lot easier than popping the capsules. You can find it at CVS or at your leading pharmacy.

Good luck and feel better!
2.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I personally recommend coco butter.

I had a bone removed from my foot, and used the coco butter on it nightly, and now the scar is all but gone...
I also used this on my own PS scar, and it made a huge difference. My surgery and scaring by nature are probably far more invasive than yours will be, so if it worked well there I''m willing to bet it would make a great difference to you.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
BB- Why did you have it done again for? If you don''t want to answer that you don''t have to...

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
How about Strivectin? It is my understanding that it started out as a scar treatment.
D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results