shape
carat
color
clarity

JCrew Lady Day coat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been lusting after a new winter coat and the JCrew Lady Day coat has caught my eye. I especially love the citron color which I know is weird but I like it because it''s bright and fun. I have a blazer in a similar color that every time I wear it people comment on how good I look in it.

So, I''m wondering about the JCrew coat. I tried on the Madeline over the weekend but the store I was at (Michigan Ave Chicago) did not have any Lady Days. Anyone out there with a Lady Day Coat? How warm is it with the Thinsulate? Do you think the seaming on the front would work well with a bigger bust?

For those of you who watch the clearance sales, what do you think the chances are of this going clearance under $200...Lady Day Citron with Thinusate size 12? I don''t know if they usually have the basic colors like black, brown, navy on clearance or if they''re more likely to have an off beat color like Citron still available on clearance.

Thanks so much!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one...I like it. I think the warmth factor depends on where you live. I live in Madison and I can't wear it all winter at all, it's just too thin. But it's a really nice coat, you just need something for the super cold/windy days if you live in the upper midwest.

Usually the weirder colors AND the plain colors (brown and white) go on sale (the ones that don't make it to the sale usually are the classics like black and then the nice brights from that season), but I'm not sure of the likelihood of them getting below $200 with a lot of sizes left. You'd just have to take a gamble I think.

I'm large busted and the seaming was ok for me, but my lady day is from 2 years ago, so I don't know if the cut is exactly the same or not.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two. One in sea salt and one in bright flame. I ordered both of them online because I needed Tall with Thinsulate lining. It does seem that the fashion colors go on clearance at lower prices than the basic colors, so I think you have a pretty good chance of getting the citron for under $200. As far as warmth, mine keep me plenty warm walking around town, etc. I wouldn''t go snowmobiling or skiing in them, though!
2.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I think I''ll resist ordering the coat at the current $300 price and wait until December to see where the price goes. I''m hoping most people don''t like the citron color. I know it''s really bright and strange which I''m hoping would work out to my benefit. I saw they Jcrew clearanced the berry color of the Lady Day to $149. If Citron gets that low, I''d snap it up for sure.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a clearanced Jcrew jacket... the Fiona. They clearanced all of the colors but the Citron seemed to have the most sizes left so I think you have a good chance. I just got a sale email from them... have they marked down your jacket in this recent sale?

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I have the lady coat as well. It was a Christmas gift last year. I live in Texas so I did not get the Thinsulate and it is plenty warm in the winter for me. I received an email today about an extra 25% off select outerwear so you might check on the citron. It didn''t look like it moved from $300 when I checked. Also, if you go into a jcrew store and have a student ID (or know someone who does) you get an extra 15% off!!!(that sale is always going on)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 3:19:27 AM
Author: pwj0629
I have the lady coat as well. It was a Christmas gift last year. I live in Texas so I did not get the Thinsulate and it is plenty warm in the winter for me. I received an email today about an extra 25% off select outerwear so you might check on the citron. It didn''t look like it moved from $300 when I checked. Also, if you go into a jcrew store and have a student ID (or know someone who does) you get an extra 15% off!!!(that sale is always going on)

Yep, they can also do the student/teacher discount over the phone as well.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I got an e-mail about an extra 30% off outerwear as well - if you did that plus the student/teacher discount, that would be pretty reasonable. Definitely sign up for their e-mails if you like their stuff - they have good sales pretty regularly.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
How do I go about getting on their email list? I would have thought since I''ve bought stuff and given them my email address for a login that they''d be sending me things, but I''ve never received a single email from them.

Can my 11 year old son use his student ID to order stuff?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 3:03:30 PM
Author: IslandDreams
How do I go about getting on their email list? I would have thought since I''ve bought stuff and given them my email address for a login that they''d be sending me things, but I''ve never received a single email from them.

Can my 11 year old son use his student ID to order stuff?
Check your junk mail box, maybe they have sent you emails and they''re getting filtered into junk mail.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I signed up for their emails and didn''t start getting them immediately either. They''re having 50% off of all mark downs on black friday before 10am.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
^^^^^ ignore my previous post, it''s only at the factory store
7.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
So, the Lady coat is now down to $250 with an extra 30% off making it $175. Would now be the time to jump on it or should I wait until Black Friday?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d get it now. But that''s just me--I''ve waited too long on things like that before and been disappointed.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a fit question I thought I''d ask.

I tried on a size n in the Madeleine coat (there are no Lady Days in the local stores.) The shoulder width and sleeve length were good, but it was a little large in the waist. Maybe not large, but not fitted enough. Would a size n-2 have the same shoulder width and sleeve length?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 7:22:59 PM
Author: JulieN
I have a fit question I thought I''d ask.

I tried on a size n in the Madeleine coat (there are no Lady Days in the local stores.) The shoulder width and sleeve length were good, but it was a little large in the waist. Maybe not large, but not fitted enough. Would a size n-2 have the same shoulder width and sleeve length?

Not in my experience.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I did order the Lady Day coat in Citron last week when it was on sale. I received it yesterday...and was sorely disappointed that it isn''t going to work for me. The waist band is too high for my busty shape. It makes me look shorter and wider. I really LOVE the color so its killing me to have to send it back because I know finding another coat in this color will be next to impossible. I really wish the Plaza style coat came in the Citron. I think I need a coat without the waist detailing....

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
For ladies still interested in this coat, it''s on sale right now. Depending on the color, the price ranges from $149-230 (compared to $330.) Not only that, but there is a 20% off coupon code floating around out there -- great deal!
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really pretty and classic. I would get one, but can''t justify it living in Florida where maybe a handful of days are cold!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results