shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching Twins, Twins and Septuplets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is WOW what a difference from John and Kate, I would hope that this is the kind of parent that I would be :) They have 10 kids, and they seem so mellow, especially for a family that has a child with such severe disabilities. I really like the show! So sad for their littlest one with CP and it made me cry when the oldest boy said that all of the sep''s could have had difficulties but Rebecca "took one for the team" MADE ME CRY !

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
oooh I'll watch it when it comes on (I'm on the West Coast). I am obsessed with family reality shows. I like Jon and Kate, I don't always agree with their parenting but it makes me wonder how I'd do things if I had that many kids!

ETA- Ha! Just realized I made it sound like I have anything to say since I don't have any kids! Well, I'm not a parent but I'm a nanny so I feel like I already know my parenting style even if they aren't mine!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I watched it! To be honest though... I think I prefer Jon & Kate's parenting style- they seem much more organized. This new family didn't look like they disciplined much... especially when they were at the restaurant and the kids were everywhere. And I would go CRAZY if I had to go grocery shopping every day like they said they often do. They need to make a detailed list and go once or twice a month. Get a deep freezer. I do think the little girl with CP is the cutest! I like that the brother takes care of her alot.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I think she did parent when the kids had to go stand in the corner and no one made a peep, she didn''t yell or berate them for writing on her counter, she didn''t threaten them, she just put them in a corner and asked them for an apology. I will never forget the empisode of JK8 when one of the boys got gum on their teddy bear and shes like yelling at him "SAY BYE TO YOUR BEAR!" and hes just standing there crying "BUT HES MY BUDDY". I feel that Kate is crazy controlling, I mean there needs to be some control but she is over the top IMO.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 8:26:24 AM
Author: AllieLuv83
I think she did parent when the kids had to go stand in the corner and no one made a peep, she didn't yell or berate them for writing on her counter, she didn't threaten them, she just put them in a corner and asked them for an apology. I will never forget the empisode of JK8 when one of the boys got gum on their teddy bear and shes like yelling at him 'SAY BYE TO YOUR BEAR!' and hes just standing there crying 'BUT HES MY BUDDY'. I feel that Kate is crazy controlling, I mean there needs to be some control but she is over the top IMO.

I have to agree. Kate really bothers me, she's just too controlling and crazy.

ETA: And I love your STD's!
2.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Neat :)

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 9:26:39 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/18/2008 8:26:24 AM
Author: AllieLuv83
I think she did parent when the kids had to go stand in the corner and no one made a peep, she didn''t yell or berate them for writing on her counter, she didn''t threaten them, she just put them in a corner and asked them for an apology. I will never forget the empisode of JK8 when one of the boys got gum on their teddy bear and shes like yelling at him ''SAY BYE TO YOUR BEAR!'' and hes just standing there crying ''BUT HES MY BUDDY''. I feel that Kate is crazy controlling, I mean there needs to be some control but she is over the top IMO.

I have to agree. Kate really bothers me, she''s just too controlling and crazy.

ETA: And I love your STD''s!
2.gif
Okay I love to watch Jon & Kate, but I definitely cringe at a lot of the things they do. Kate is way too anal about everything. In some ways I am sure it helps her to be so organized. But like the teddy bear incident, sometimes I feel sorry for the kids. She can be so harsh. But I also like that they aren''t perfect, no parent really is and if you put cameras in most houses you''d be able to see all the things they could do better. I think Kate is who she is and that obviously affects her parenting style. And don''t even get me started on poor Jon! Is he in an abusive relationship or what?

BTW, missed the new show last night, was too tired.
8.gif
Can''t wait to check out their parenting style!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
The gum thing was definitely over the top, I agree. She did give it back to him though. I guess one of the big reasons I like JK8 is because of their discipline at the table. The kids aren''t running around... they''re very well behaved. I was always taught to be very good table manners and sit up straight which I think the Gosselin kids do for the most part(unless they fall asleep).

As far as the new family... no, she didn''t yell at the sextuplets for writing on the counter. BUT she punished them all and made them all apologize. I''m sure not all 5 kids were involved in that, ya know?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 11:35:22 PM
Author: HaloAngel
Check out http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/

You guys aren't the only ones who don't agree wih J&K+8!

Their 'episode recaps' are hilarious :)

There are a ton of anti JK8 blogs...including one run by her sister or SIL I believe. I do find it odd that their family used to be a large part of their lives and isn't now, and J&K are always extremely vague about it when asked. I really don't like that Kate seems to be "selling" the kids.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 11:53:24 PM

You guys aren''t the only ones who don''t agree wih J&K+8!

Their ''episode recaps'' are hilarious :)

There are a ton of anti JK8 blogs...including one run by her sister or SIL I believe. I do find it odd that their family used to be a large part of their lives and isn''t now, and J&K are always extremely vague about it when asked. I really don''t like that Kate seems to be ''selling'' the kids.
Hmmm... yeah I noticed how it doesn''t seem like they have a lot of family around to help.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 12:02:42 AM
Author: mia1181
Date: 11/18/2008 11:53:24 PM

You guys aren''t the only ones who don''t agree wih J&K+8!

Their ''episode recaps'' are hilarious :)

There are a ton of anti JK8 blogs...including one run by her sister or SIL I believe. I do find it odd that their family used to be a large part of their lives and isn''t now, and J&K are always extremely vague about it when asked. I really don''t like that Kate seems to be ''selling'' the kids.
Hmmm... yeah I noticed how it doesn''t seem like they have a lot of family around to help.

They did initially it seemed...then they disappeared. FWIW I used to really like them at the beginning...now I think Kate is in it for the $. And it appears if the rumors are true that her family feels the same way.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

I going to go out on a limb here because I don''t really know the real situation. But from reading the blogs it seems as though Jodi (the redheaded aunt who used to babysit, I think) was offered a paid contract to be on the show. She was already on the show previously the only difference would be that this season she would be paid. According to Jodi''s sister, Kate did not want her to be paid because "only her family should get money." Now I am thinking because of how paranoid and neurotic Kate seems to be maybe she felt that it was a conflict of interest of sorts for this aunt to be getting paid to be a star in the show. I don''t know just giving her the benefit of the doubt.... I mean it probably wasn''t a situation where Kate would get paid any less if Jodi was paid... I also remembered the episode where they were searching for a nanny and she seemed so paranoid about not hiring someone that might be only looking for the job to get on the show.

Maybe I am naive, but I also don''t really see the show as exploitation. Sure they are benefiting from it but how is this negatively impacting the children? Child actors with stage moms are much different IMO. In those situations, children are asked to go out and work and are expected to act as an adult. They really lose their childhood and are given an unusual amount of control of their own lives. The fame leads them to believe that they really are special and then they hit an age where the noone cares about them anymore and they can''t get work and they have a hard time dealing with it. In my (perhaps very naive) opinion JK8 kids are just having a childhood on camera. It doesn''t seem like there are any unreasonable expectations put on them.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think you are right about Aunt Jodi being offered a paid contract.

This is how I feel...
I think Kate feels like she only wants her kids and her and Jon to benefit/get paid for the show. She probably doesn''t want other people making money off of her kids- and I can understand that. Obviously TLC is making money but I kind of feel like thats different than if friends, family, and aquaintances were getting a paycheck as well.

Does that make sense?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
My mom loves JK8 and I cringe every time I watch. She just says such UNREAL things. About the Hayes mom making all the children stand in the corner, I understand its not fair for everyone to stand in the corner but I think it is the only way to learn I mean if they all got away with it I think that would be one thing but since no one wanted to fess up they made them all stand, maybe next time the kids will think twice about it or give up the person that did it.

Kate, Kate, Kate...I can''t say enough about her. Yes with 8 kids you need to be organized, NO you do not need to have ABSOLUTE quiet at the dinner table. Maybe we just subscribe to different views on that. I''ve seen episodes where she made the kids eat in absolute quiet. OMG at the wedding she kept going on and on about how ON this day she does not care what the kids do (e.g., the girls picking their own nail polish colors). I personally think thats raving mad, let the kids pick their own colors for crying out loud because you are taking them to a salon to get their nails done not because its such a special day!

My favorite was when she took them to Crayola factory or something like that and didn''t let them use the markers they were given. HOLY SMOKES LADY! I mean...don''t take them to CRAYOLA FACTORY. She was like I don''t like them getting dirty because those stains never come out and I don''t want to buy them new clothes all the time. I hate to break it to you...but all that clothes, all those adorable matching outfits, most of them are provided by GAP, Old Navy etc.

Poor Jodi! Thats all I have to say, with her own 4 children and JK''s 8 especially on the episode when John was getting a free hair transplant and all the kids were sick at home!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
TLC is building them a house! Enough said!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results