shape
carat
color
clarity

Have You looked at Tacori in Rose Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I just happened upon www.JRDunn.com this morning. I have visited their site before, just has been awhile.

i went to their Tacori section and they have pics of Tacori rings in Rose gold! I have looked at and tried on a Tacori Crescent in RL and loved it! Too much money though for me.

I see they offer more styles in Rose Gold.

If you haven't seen them before, and you are a fan of Tacori and Rose gold. It's nice to look at...

Just thought I would share

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Not too surprised now as rose gold has become very trendy lately.

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
There was one I really loved that had the rose gold prongs...I can''t believe how much the price as gone up! I was looking at it in January and the price has increased $1000!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Ugh...I love Tacori, but I agree - they are just way too pricey. I can understand that it's all hand-crafted, etc., but at this point in my life, I can't afford hand-crafted. LOL!!! Maybe when I'm older...for an anniversary. (Hey! I can dream ;-) )

Also, about rose gold being the new trend, I'm thinking it looks just like "trendy" and I prefer something more classic and elegant for my e-ring (not that anyone choosing rg is wrong by any means. Just my opinion :) )

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Those Tacori rings in rose gold are amazing! Unfortunately, way out of my price range...sigh. Oh well....I can dream, anyway
9.gif

It''s interesting how fads come and go. I have a ring that belonged to my mother. It was given to her by her oldest sister, who found it on a bus back in 1915, before my mom was born. She gave it to my mom when she was 5, back in 1926 or 1927. It''s a beautiful rose gold gypsy ring, very heavy gold, with ornate green gold leaves at the top of the shank on each side, and large rose gold ovals on the top with a moonstone in the middle oval and two actual diamond chips on each side of the moonstone in the other two ovals. I wish I could take a good picture of it! My mom gave it to my much oldest sister when I was small..and my sister left it in her jewel box...it didn''t look like much at the time, dark and discolored, and missing the bottom of the shank where the gold from resizing the originally very tiny ring had fallen out and left a gap. My sis offered it to me in the early 1980''s. I took it to a jeweler who cleaned and reshanked it. Told me it was 18k, unusually pretty, and very high quality. When I went to pick it up, I was amazed. It was absolutely gorgeous and didn''t look anything like the sorry little ring I had dropped off! Boy, was my sister upset when she saw what she had given away.
31.gif
I wore it for years, until my knuckles grew too big for it to fit over them anymore. It was my something old at my wedding too, and my younger sister used it in her wedding too, as her something old, as did both of my own daughters at their weddings last year.
21.gif

Most people who saw it in the 1980''s while I was wearing it, had never seen rose gold, and it was quite a conversation starter. I''m glad to see rose gold coming back in style. I should get my ring sized up a bit so it goes over my knuckles, and start wearing it again. I watch eBay and other antique places often, hoping to find one that is similar...but so far no luck. Both my daughters want this ring, and I would love to find another one so I have one for each of them.

darling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 4:57:48 AM
Author: flowerladytoo
Those Tacori rings in rose gold are amazing! Unfortunately, way out of my price range...sigh. Oh well....I can dream, anyway
9.gif

It''s interesting how fads come and go. I have a ring that belonged to my mother. It was given to her by her oldest sister, who found it on a bus back in 1915, before my mom was born. She gave it to my mom when she was 5, back in 1926 or 1927. It''s a beautiful rose gold gypsy ring, very heavy gold, with ornate green gold leaves at the top of the shank on each side, and large rose gold ovals on the top with a moonstone in the middle oval and two actual diamond chips on each side of the moonstone in the other two ovals. I wish I could take a good picture of it! My mom gave it to my much oldest sister when I was small..and my sister left it in her jewel box...it didn''t look like much at the time, dark and discolored, and missing the bottom of the shank where the gold from resizing the originally very tiny ring had fallen out and left a gap. My sis offered it to me in the early 1980''s. I took it to a jeweler who cleaned and reshanked it. Told me it was 18k, unusually pretty, and very high quality. When I went to pick it up, I was amazed. It was absolutely gorgeous and didn''t look anything like the sorry little ring I had dropped off! Boy, was my sister upset when she saw what she had given away.
31.gif
I wore it for years, until my knuckles grew too big for it to fit over them anymore. It was my something old at my wedding too, and my younger sister used it in her wedding too, as her something old, as did both of my own daughters at their weddings last year.
21.gif

Most people who saw it in the 1980''s while I was wearing it, had never seen rose gold, and it was quite a conversation starter. I''m glad to see rose gold coming back in style. I should get my ring sized up a bit so it goes over my knuckles, and start wearing it again. I watch eBay and other antique places often, hoping to find one that is similar...but so far no luck. Both my daughters want this ring, and I would love to find another one so I have one for each of them.
Flowerlady, would you please post pictures of this ring? It sounds amazing.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces. I''d love to go try some on in person. Thanks for sharing.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
ditto, please post pics flowerlady. Sounds lovely!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 3:28:18 PM
Author: lauralu
ditto, please post pics flowerlady. Sounds lovely!

I need to get some batteries for my camera. I used them up trying to take pictures of my OEC, and our son apparently helped himself to my stash of batteries so there are none left. (darn kids!). As soon as I can get batteries and figure out how to take decent pictures of jewelry (my attempts so far are embarrassingly bad)...I will start a thread on my mom''s ring
4.gif
I''m probably more than a little biased, but I think it''s beautiful
9.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i love the tacori twist in rose gold -- it looks something like scarlett johansson''s engagement ring to me and i think it''s gorgeous! here''s a link

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I love this one with the rose gold prongs. I dream of having it set with an OEC. The prongs don't look very rose-y in this photo, but the website says it is rose gold.

Tacori_2561PKRD7.jpg

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Neverending....i am pretty certain that is the one I tried on at a BM store awhile back. Loved it!!! I think it was something like 5 grand though. Gorgeous and danity. Very feminine.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 9:56:18 PM
Author: lauralu
Neverending....i am pretty certain that is the one I tried on at a BM store awhile back. Loved it!!! I think it was something like 5 grand though. Gorgeous and danity. Very feminine.
I wouldn''t doubt it. I really like it. The diamond I want for it is around 9K. Oh, to have money. SIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results