shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary band search, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, ladies!

I''m on a bit of a kick, and I guess it helps to explain the situation and the request beforehand.

When DH and I started looking for wedding bands, I absolutely fell in love with a Jeff Cooper design (see here: http://jeffcooperdesigns.com/item.php?cat=4&item=35). It''s a channel set curved band with asschers and RBs in the center. When I paired it with my ering (also here, and please excuse the old username: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fancy-blue-asscher.88892/), I was hooked. It was the perfect match!

Unfortunately, the ring was priced above the 4K mark, and with the wedding, honeymoon, and a cross country move hanging over our heads, we decided to forgo my dream ring in favor of a plain 2mm platinum band. My current wedding set can be seen in my avatar.

DH and I have decided to look at bands again for our one year anniversary. While he had mentioned previously placing an order for the ring I loved, I''m now having second thoughts about what I''d really like.

So here''s my request:

Has anyone ever seen a channel set platinum ring with alternating princess and asscher stones? I LOVE the mirror effect of asschers, but I also love the WOW!! factor of the princess''s sparkle!

I know channel set rings seem to be in scare demand here, but I love how simple they look. I''d just like to see how it might look before I start mentioning it to DH.

Can anyone help?

....Bueller? Bueller?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

I have to say I have never seen a ring with asscher and princess cuts combined. Asschers in smaller sizes are not very common to start with - I would imagine you would be looking at a custom job for what you are describing..

Alternatively, a "just" asscher band would be lovely - but as I recently discovered, they may not work too well in channel set due to the cut corners.
An alternative is carre cuts - kinda the look of asscher without the steps or cut corners.

Here is a pic of the channel band I was considering, with the carre cuts:

carre band.jpg

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion. That is a beautiful band-I''m not very familiar with that cut.

But that''s good to know about asschers in channel settings. I wasn''t aware of that, but now that you mention it, I can see how they might be problematic. I still love them, though! :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotta say, I really like that Jeff Cooper! I think it would nicely compliment your ring.

I''ve never seen an asscher/princess combo either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results