shape
carat
color
clarity

Whould you keep this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaori

Shiny_Rock
I think the setting is quite unique; if I were about to keep the ring, I would change the high prong...but it just me though
9.gif

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
I am on the same page as everybody else. I don''t personally love it - definitely too high for my taste - but it would depend on how it looks on your hand.
Very nice find though!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a hand shot? Although it looks high in the profile I bet it doesn''t sit as high as perhaps we imagine it to.

If you love the setting, keep it. You''re the one who has to look and wear it everyday.

I do agree that if you do anything then changing the head to rose gold would be a nice idea BUT I''m not a fan of putting pink diamonds in a total rose gold setting. By doing that I think you lose the contrast and the pink just becomes part of the ring. With a pink diamond you want to let it stand out and be centre stage.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I really like the rose gold setting you put up, I think it would fit your stone perfectly.

However, if you love your current setting, I would either consider changing the head. If you want to upgrade, and are concerned about parting with your first e-ring setting, you could reset it with a colored stone. That way you could still wear it as a RHR and you don''t have to give it up all together.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I really love the rose gold setting, it would just make your pink diamond sparkle so beautifully!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Sorry but if you are asking for honest opinions- I think the setting looks dated. The stone is a stunner so I would give it a new home if I were you.
Let us know!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Like all, I say if you love it, keep it! If you''re having doubts, several good suggestions have been made. I personally find it to high, at the very least to protect the stone, I''d change out the head. I think rose gold sounds beautiful whether in total or just the head with delicate white gold/platinum micropave, etc.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
First congratulations on the upgrade!!

Now to answer your question - I''m a bit (ok, a LOT) picky when it comes to jewelry. I notice that there is something that''s off center and a bit uneven in the side picture. That, along with the height of the prongs would drive me crazy - I''m a little clumsy and I just know, it would be a matter of time before I snagged it on something, or worse. I really do like the versatility and appearance of a low profile.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I think rose gold would be a FABULOUS option!!!!!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on such a pretty stone! i really prefer the second setting, or something similar in rose gold to enhance that beauty!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
That pink diamond would be striking in a rose gold setting! Maybe you could reset it in a rose gold setting (the one on this thread is to die for!), then get a different stone for the original setting. That is a very pretty ring, but oh my, that crown is just so tall, I would be afraid of hitting it and damaging the diamond, or it catching on everything and damaging the prongs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results