shape
carat
color
clarity

My birthday present and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
wow! What a beautiful collection. I love the watches
30.gif
they''ll be perfect for any occasion. BTW, would you mind sharing what size the stones are in your eternity band? It''s beautiful! (I saw in this thread that it''s .96ct size 4.25.) TIA and sorry for the mini thread-jack lol.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
those watches took my breath away!!! i''ve been looking for a unique watch for the longest time...for some reason it never occurred to me to try vintage. they are amazing! definitely added to my wish list. congrats on your treasure!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday and thank you for sharing your treasures with us!!!!

Lori

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 8:19:30 AM
Author: arjunajane
Wow hon, very pretty pieces all of them - elegant and also different.

I really like your vintage watches, I hope to find one to wear on my wedding day. Are you ok with sharing where they are from?

Thanks for sharing your pieces and happy b''day !

arjuna, I don''t know whether this would be suitable, it''s an upcoming auction in Melbourne, the estimated price is very reasonable.

http://www.bonhamsandgoodman.com.au/lot_details.php?lot=71792&auction=249#

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 2:53:05 PM
Author: fafa
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I really enjoy the treasure hunt. I still have a few pieces that I haven''t took pictures. Anyway, I''m done with all the jewelry shopping this year. No more new purchase for me.

arjunajane, I got the watches off ebay.
2.gif
When is your wedding? If you have more time, you may do more research there and see what people offer. Otherwise, a lot of antique stores sell those watches for a higher price. Good luck searching.
Hey fafa, thankyou for your reply ! I was hoping you would say ebay, lol. I''ve been buying a few estate pieces from there recently, but I know nothing about older watches and who/what to trust..Did you look for certain makers or just whatever you liked?
Do you know of any good estate sellers you wouldn''t mind to share?

I have plenty of time, lol...no date set for wedding yet, we are still young and just enjoying being engaged..but a girl can plan her wedding jewels right?
31.gif
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 6:34:23 AM
Author: MishB

Date: 10/30/2008 8:19:30 AM
Author: arjunajane
Wow hon, very pretty pieces all of them - elegant and also different.

I really like your vintage watches, I hope to find one to wear on my wedding day. Are you ok with sharing where they are from?

Thanks for sharing your pieces and happy b''day !

arjuna, I don''t know whether this would be suitable, it''s an upcoming auction in Melbourne, the estimated price is very reasonable.

http://www.bonhamsandgoodman.com.au/lot_details.php?lot=71792&auction=249#
Hey Mish, thanks for sharing, that was very kind ! Wow, that watch you linked is sooo pretty, and they seem like very reasonable prices to me..I wish I knew enough to look at auction houses - I must do some more research on watches, me thinks, lol..
Do you think this auction house accept absent bids, as I''m in WA..

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful watches. The face shape of the sapphire one is really cool.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Your pieces are awesome!!! I love your watches!

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
Love the 7 stone ring!
30.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all beautiful pieces. I especially like the watch from Argentina. Very nice.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful collection!! Thanks for sharing!

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, thank you so much for the compliements! It''s my pleasure to share my pieces with all of you. I don''t have friends to share this hobby in real life.

kittybean, I''m just a beginner in collecting vintage watches. I found some info posted by Jewelerman really helpful when I was learning about these watches. Here''s part of the qoute from the thread, "Remember to remove the watch before washing your hands,cover it with a coat when its raining outside and dont store it in a bathroom because the constant moisture and steam from a shower can damage the movement over time.These vintage watches like yours usually run about 50-100 dollars to clean the movement and usually appraise out for about $200-400 depending on the carat weight of diamonds and weight and karat of the case." Of course, a lot of watches are more expensive than this price range because they have more diamonds.

coatimundi, you''re one of those who inspired me to search for a vintage watch. Thank you for getting me started.

aggiebling09, no problem. I''m glad you like my eternity band.

arjunajane, I don''t know much about vintage watches either. I bought what was pleasing to my eye when the price was right. My platinum watch is from jewelryagain. I bought 3 different pieces from them in the past few months and was satisfied with the quality. My sapphire diamond watch is timepieces01. I never buy from holbensfinewatches but I''ve heard good things about this seller. Take your time and enjoy the hunt for the perfect watch.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, those pieces are all so beautiful!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 7:14:37 AM
Author: fafa
This is another vintage/antique watch I recently acquired. It''s from Argentina. It''s mainly 18k yellow with a platinum plated face. My jeweler said it may be from 1800s.
30.gif
I am soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Your pieces are gorgeous!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results