shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion ring Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marino24

Rough_Rock
Hi guys/gals...even though I have never spoken to any of you I would like to thank you for all the help you have given me through all of your previous posts...I found this site AFTER I bought the ring but I would still like to share it with everyone and if you could give me some feedback on any of my questions I would reeeaaalllyyy appreciate it.

Specs:
cushion modified brilliant
6.66 x 5.62 x 3.69 mm l/w ratio: 1.185 round up to 1.19
1.14 carat
color: H
clarity: SI1
total depth: 65.7%
table size: 65%
girdle: medium to Thick, Faceted
culet: none
polish: excellent
symmetry: very good
fluorescence: none
comments: additional clouds are not shown

Is my table size too big at 65%? will it affect a lot of the fire/brillance? Are there any other red flags according to specs? Did I get a good deal on the center stone $3,762? there are 32 2point stones all the way around the band, coming out to $700, was that a good deal (actually the original deal was for 24 2point stones but when I went to pickup the ring they had messed up and said "aahh whatever" lol i lucked out)? total ring with tax was around $4,700...did I overpay? And lastly...I feel for some reason the diamond looks like a princess cut when I look at it...I think it is because of the 4 prong setting that gives it 4 corners and hides the curved corners...is there any way of fixing this? maybe a split-prong setting so it''s lower profile? does the 1.19 l/w ratio make it look less "cushiony"? what else can I do to make it look more "cushiony"?

and here are some photos =)

Marino24

Rough_Rock
I think that pics 3 and 4 look a lot like a princess cut instead of a cushion...and it has that appearance when I look at it in front of my face. Are the prongs to tall? thick? what can i do to take away that princess cut look?

suzmod4.JPG

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I think your cushion is beautiful!
36.gif
Maybe have the prongs reworked? They seem to overpower the stone to me. Perhaps something in a delicate split prong would work, or maybe the little v type prongs (sorry I don''t know the name for them). I think a delicate split prong would be stunning, though
5.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
You did a wonderful job, the ring is gorgeous. Maybe changing to a claw type prong would take away from the princess look. Either way she is going to love it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 6:14:38 AM
Author: beechezz
You did a wonderful job, the ring is gorgeous. Maybe changing to a claw type prong would take away from the princess look. Either way she is going to love it!
Ditto. The prongs seem just a wee bit large to me, adding to the squarish look.

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
I would agree with what everybody else has to say about the prongs - but I still think that it is a gorgeous ring! I wouldn''t worry about it.
It''s beautiful! Congrats!

Please share with us the propsal when it happens (with mandatory hand shots too, of course).

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful and it sounds like you got it for a great price, well done
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks really, really pretty!!

facetedjewel

Rough_Rock
I think it looks really pretty and I think you did a fantastic job on the price! I agree with the others that the prongs are probably too dominant. Cushions have a softer look to them, so softer, details really enhance them, IMO. As far as the princessy look you are referring, too, I can''t help but wonder if it''s the facet pattern that you are seeing rather than the shape. Cushions come in so many different facet patterns and with your stone being a modified, it probably has the facet pattern that gives it that busy, crushed ice look. I often think of them looking like princess cuts, too! There isn''t anything you can do about the facet pattern, but I do think a small change to the prongs (maybe making them split claw prongs?) would take away from that look you keep seeing and really highlight the rounded corners.

Either way, I think it''s very pretty and you did a fantastic job. Congrats and good luck with the proposal!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty!! congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I also agree that claw prongs would look great

Lovely ring regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results