shape
carat
color
clarity

Trip To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
So I am a planning freak when it comes to this. I really want it to be as perfect as possible. So here is the scenario:

I am currently living in Singapore until the end of April. I will have 1.5 weeks back home in the states before I have to leave the country again for 3 months. I am hoping to use this time to get permission from her mother (since her dad is not involved in her life). She is supposed to go with me out to Sweden for a week. I have some thoughts about maybe doing it on the plane ride over, or something like that. As I have plenty of time to plan, I am open to all sorts of suggestions. If anyone has any other good ideas (I will be in the south of Sweden, in Malmo) for things to do in the area, please let me know.

If i can think of a way to make the plane ride portion romantic, I like the fact that is kind of unique. But if you women out there can''t think of anything in a plane that could make your hearts melt, then I will drop it.

Thanks in advance

justme

Shiny_Rock
Can you give me a little more info?

What airline will you be flying? Does it stop anywhere that you have a plane change or is it direct?
Where are you leaving from and going to? How long will you be there?

I assume from the info posted that she is on the plane with you the entire time not meeting you in Sweden or during a connection in a stopover city correct?

Thanks

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
3 possible scenarios at this point.

1) I will be in Atlanta w/ her, and fly (most likely on AA, though I haven't purchased any tickets yet, so i am not sure) through Chicago or NY. Those are the two most likely connection cities regardless. We will fly from there to Copenhagen.

2) I will be in Dallas, she will be in ATL. We will meet up in Chicago/NY, and continue to Copenhagen.

3)We will just meet in CPH. This scenario is my least favorite, regardless whether i propose on the trip or not...but just to get out all the options.

I will remain behind in sweden for 3 months. She will be there for 1 week.

Thanks

justme

Shiny_Rock
A couple of ideas bouncing round my head.

You will be in the air 6-7 odd hours depending on departure point. If the flight isn't an overnight one you could give her a gift and/or poem relating to the number of hours. ie if flight is 6 hours 45 minutes - 45 minutes into the flight something to do with the number 6 or mentioning 6. Like 682 days ago I knew you were the one for me or 6 ribbon roses pulled from your carry-on. Also mentioning that you have six hours until you land.

Keep working down the hours - of course 2 will be something about the two of you.

Then with 1 hour to go the proposal - You are the one and only for me would you. etc

You could also use wedding clues but if she's expecting the proposal she'd probably figure this out. Meaning at 6 hours you'd give her a 'clue' either a picture or something about wedding's or your thought about the wedding. i.e. I thought with 6 hours to go until we land that June (6th month) would be a great month to be married in. Well that's probably TOO obvious but you get my drift. Maybe something to do with June being the 'most married' month of the year hint.

Then of course 1 being your perfect ring for the perfect one in your life.

Another thought that could be tied in with either proposal or done as a stand alone - is to make an 8mm video of places and special memories for the two of you, possibly including family and at the end asking her to marry you. Give this to the flight attendants at the front of the cabin (you'd probaly have to speak with the purser (lead flight attendant) and ask their help in playing it for you at a specific time (this can be done with a trip to the bathroom
2.gif

They will know the timing of the 'scheduled' video entertainment and could work this out with you. Of course depending on the type of aircraft it would either be played on a specific 'channel' or it may have to be played for the entire plane so keep this in mind - meaning it could be a public engagement!

I am aware of this being done before on planes but have a back up in place because with today's travel envirnoment the may say no or ask to screen it prior to playing to ensure content.

Let me know what your thoughts are on these ideas - If your not sure you like them let me know and I'll go back to the drawing board!

BTW - do have any frequent flyer status on AA?

Justme

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
These are some great ideas to start mulling around. I thought about "in flight entertainment" but I too was leary of today's travel environment.

Any other women readers out there have opinions on this idea or others?

And yes, I have Platinum Status on AA Frequent Flyerer Program.

Stu

justme

Shiny_Rock
With status on AA does biz class have the watch your own entainment channel option. I'm 1K on UA so I don't fly very often on AA - but on UA on some of the international flight planes are configured so that you have your own video player and screen, get to 'select' video of our choice to watch during the flight and pop it in to watch.

This would work well if AA has planes configured the same. Assuming of course that you have (or can get) some VIPOW's to upgrade with.

And I do know that the entertainment thing has been done post 9/11 envirnoment.

I keep thinking !

Justme

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results