shape
carat
color
clarity

Bigger or Better

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michigan guy

Rough_Rock
Ladies,
Would you rather get a bigger diamond that doesn''t have as much fire or a smaller diamond with more quality?

I''m thinking about a:
1.1 - 1.25 carat, G - F color, SI1 - SI2, premium cut.....
or a .80 - .84 carat, D - F color, VVS1 - VS2, hearts and arrows ideal cut.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Since the two that you do have listed are both really good rings, definitely go with the bigger one.
My first diamond was a 3/4 cttw, and since then I've upgraded to a 2.5 ct. Some say that over time, we women suffer from the shrinking diamond syndrome. And they really aren't far from the truth. Even though we love any ring you men pick out, nature eventually kicks in, and BIGGER is BETTER.
Hope this helps.
love.gif

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
Definately Bigger as long as it is a nice looking Diamond. Your better going bigger right away or you may find yourself upgrading in a few years.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/11/2003 12
6.gif
5:38 AM michigan guy wrote:

Ladies,
Would you rather get a bigger diamond that doesn't have as much fire or a smaller diamond with more quality?

I'm thinking about a:
1.1 - 1.25 carat, G - F color, SI1 - SI2, premium cut.....
or a .80 - .84 carat, D - F color, VVS1 - VS2, hearts and arrows ideal cut.

----------------

Where are you shopping and what prices are you getting? Have you done a pricescope search?

I would go with a G SI1 (if eyeclean) diamond with excellent cut. I'd even go down to an H. I don't know where you're shopping and I don't have time to run numbers for you, but it may be that you can get size and excellent cut if you compromise a bit on the color and clarity.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LAWMAX: Response
I would go with a G SI1 (if eyeclean) diamond with excellent cut. I'd even go down to an H. I don't know where you're shopping and I don't have time to run numbers for you, but it may be that you can get size and excellent cut if you compromise a bit on the color and clarity.

Lawmax is giving really sound advice. Compromising on clarity from VVS1 will drop your price down and you can save money. The only real compromising you will be doing by going with a vs-2 clarity grade is under the scope. Theres not too many people I know that walk around with loupes..lol so save yourself some cash especially if you want to get a Hearts & Arrows Stone. In the realm of Si-1's some are better than others and you can scout out stones which have transparent inclusions and are termed (eye-clean). I have an excellent cut stone it's an H that faces up very white set in platinum. It's a hearts & Arrows cut diamond a little over a ct. Price: Around $6000. Rates high on the HCA & brilliance scope. Search out all your options and remember on what you can actually perceive with your eye's like color difference and clarity grade. You will not be likely to distinguish f from G sitting side by side. Just as you won't be able to distinguish an IF stone compared to a vs-2 stone with out looking at it under the scope. All a matter of preference..Just my 2 cents..

Take er easy-
Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results