shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Hello colored gem experts! Can I please get your opinion on this stone? I really like the color because its a lighter green, and its not breaking the bank for me. Just curios on what you guys think before I even think of buying it, thank you!

Peridot, 1.2ct, 7x5mm, VS clarity

gem12.jpg

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
You can tell me if its bad, I won''t mind
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the color, but the cut is either off or the stone is at an angle in that picture. Do you have any more shots?

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 5:04:24 PM
Author: neatfreak
I like the color, but the cut is either off or the stone is at an angle in that picture. Do you have any more shots?
Neatfreak- I like the color too, I wasn''t looking for a bright or lime green. I just assumed the stone was at an angle, could it be the cut?? Unfortunatly this is the only shot I have...

Thanks coatmundi! I know that peridot is usually brighter and very pretty- but I kind of liked this lighter/yellower green for some reason.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this stone? PLEASE, I know nothing about gemstones! TIA
1.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
FYI: If I decide to buy this stone (after hearing your opinions) I think I will put it in a setting like this....

Thoughts?

settin2.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I also like the color of this stone. Does the site give the size of the stone? It''s very pretty and the LOGR setting is lovely as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It isn''t the traditional olive green nor the famed pure Burmese green, but it''s a very sweet peridot nonetheless. It''ll look lovely in that setting.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It may not be the most desired color of peridot, but if you like it and decide the cut is ok, then go for it! For some reason I like really pale yellow sapphires, which I know are not the "best" color. I haven''t bought one yet though, so I guess I may feel differently in person.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:04:47 PM
Author: mochi
I also like the color of this stone. Does the site give the size of the stone? It''s very pretty and the LOGR setting is lovely as well.
It only says 7x5mm...

Thanks for the replies everyone. I know that the light green isn''t the most desirable, but I like it- so I guess thats all that matters. I don''t know a thing about the cut or anything of gemstones, but I think it looks ok (and its not a bad deal).

I''ll happily listen to any other advice anyone else has to give!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I won the auction for the setting- so I think I''m going to go ahead and purchase this stone unless someone sees something really wrong with it! I like the color, but know nothing else about colored gems. Please warn me if you see something, if not I''ll order it tomorrow!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results