shape
carat
color
clarity

Mervyns is going out of business!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-mervyns18-2008oct18,0,7587036.story?track=ntothtml

I wasn''t shock when I read this article about Mervyns going out of business with Walmart and Target as their competitions. Personally, I don''t remember the last time I bought something at Mervyns, but it is still sad. I still remember when Macy bought out Robinson May. Sign...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was saddened to read that this morning. I always liked Mervyns.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Most of the stores around us have already closed. It is one of the few places I could buy my FI decent work clothes for not a lot of money.
40.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, the ones by me closed seems like over a year ago. I may have only gone in there one time in my life! Their locations were terrible. One was tucked away in the middle of nowhere and the other was at an icky mall that I hate to go to!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was bummed about this. I love Mervyns. Can''t say I''ve stepped foot in Walmart in years. Target yes, but not for the same things I go to Mervyns for. Booooo!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Also heard a rumor that Linin and things are closing their doors also...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 12:59:25 PM
Author: jewelerman
Also heard a rumor that Linin and things are closing their doors also...
Yep, they filed Ch. 11 a while back. On Saturday, the one nearby me had a huge "going out of business sale" banner across the front of it. I almost went inside but figured by then, it probably had been picked over.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results