shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose 5 stone or 7 stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kerrisdale

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m new to Pricescope but am loving the gorgeous pics and the great advice! My sweet husband is buying me a beautiful asscher band as a gift, but I''m having trouble picking which one I prefer, the 5 stone or the 7 stone! For the next year or two this ring would be worn on my left hand along with a plain 3 mm platinum band. Later on it will move to my right hand to be replaced by an asscher solitaire. I would like this ring to be a nice size (4 mm wide) and have the diamonds span the entire top of my finger. I''ve been looking at a 7 stone asscher ring (.15 ct each stone) and a 5 stone asscher ring (.25ct each stone). I have a jeweler ready to custom make either, but I need your help deciding which will be best! By the way, my finger is a size 6. Which ring should I go for? I toyed with the idea of adding an extra stone to the 5 stone for a tcw of 1.5 and 6 stones, but wondered if an even number of stones would look strange, as usually its an odd number. Also, wondered about going with the 7 stone but slightly bumping up the size of each stone so that you could appreciate the asscher pattern better (heard its hard to see on smaller stones)....but then wondered if this would end up spanning too wide for my finger!

Anyhow, enough babbling! Any advice or thoughts is appreciated :)

Here is the 7 stone picture

7stas.jpg

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous bands!

I like the idea of a 7 stone for more finger coverage, but it''s all up to you and what you prefer. Congrats!

kerrisdale

Rough_Rock
And here is the 5 stone

DBL 5 stone.jpg

kerrisdale

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input... that''s sort of my thoughts too....but to get the finger coverage, is it better to do slightly smaller stones but more of them, or slightly bigger stones but less? Decisions, decisions :)

KatrinaH

Rough_Rock
I love both! I personally like the 7-stone band more. But, whichever you choose, they are both gorgeous!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would go for the 5 stone with slightly bigger stones. It's going to be YUMMY!!!!!
30.gif

kerrisdale

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Do you think that the 7 stone at its current size of 1.05 tcw would be enough of a piece on its own that when I wear it by itself on my right hand it won''t look like its missing something? I just wonder if that size would only look good as an accompanyment to another ring, whereas a larger carat sized 5 stone may be able to stand alone?

Argh, I always agonize over decisions like this (particularly when they involve money!) but your''re right, both are beautiful, and I''d be thrilled with either.

More opinions please!!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm....not sure. If you have the time, I would make little paper cut outs of both the 5 and 7 stone rings and see how they look on your finger. I have trouble visualizing stuff like this, so if I can actually see it on my hand, it makes it sooo much easier to decide!

kerrisdale

Rough_Rock
LOL, I was actually thinking about doing this! The only problem, I cannot for the life of me find an estimate of the dimensions of a .15 carat asscher (the .25 ct''s are no problem) to be able to estimate....any suggestions!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i like the 5 stone with bigger stones. that way you can really see how beautiful the asschers are

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
I like the 5 stone too...then you can really tell that they are beautiful asschers!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''d go for the 5 stone. You''ll be able to see them better, and it may end up being more comfortable. The 7 stone might creep down the sides of your finger and be uncomfortable.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I vote for 5 stone, I don''t like the feeling of the diamonds poking the sides of my fingers with a larger ring. I have a 4 stone band with .255 diamonds. My ring size is 4.5.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the 5-stone since you can always pick slightly bigger stones. I own a 7-stone asscher band, around 20 pointers each and they do poke into the sides slightly.

Here it is for your reference.

MAsscherRingGp.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOHHHHH I LOVE the 5-stone one! It''s gorgeous!!! They both are, but I''d go with the five for sure!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I vote 5 stone-go for the larger stones, easier to see those gorgeous asschers---but I''m alittle biased
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results