shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 6th October till 12th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday all! We got home from Lake Geneva a few hours ago so I went over to the gym. I was the only one there for the first 45 minutes and then a woman came in and we started talking. She''s a dietician for McDonalds (I was tempted to make an oxymoron joke, but I''m sure she''s heard them all at this point LOL!) and we are going to try to get the trainer that is always over there to do a joint session with us because we''re both trying to work on the same areas.

Ate terribly all weekend long (that''s what vacations are for, right?) but now the HH is making something healthy for dinner. I''m not 100% sure what, but I saw him toting bags with chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and other good stuff up the stairs from the grocery store a little while ago. I hope he hurries--I''m hungry!

Not much else to report... Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
We had snow on the patio this morning but the grass and sidewalk was clear.It is pretty chilly here today.I made homemade beef noodle soup and fat free corn bread for supper.Not the lowest cal supper but very tasty for a chilly day.

I worked on laundry today and have school to work on tonight.

DeeJay, that is what vacations are for – enjoying yourself including some delightful dining experiences.LOL at the McDonald’s dietician – that does sounds like an oxymoron.

Have a great evening.

36.gif

Marcy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy, taking a walk with her doesn''t FEEL like exercise (even though it is hard work pushing that stroller and my neighborhood has some good hills) so that is why I love it. Went again today. Hopefully if I do it daily (or at least 5x a week) it can accelerate some weight loss. Plus it gives us something to do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, that''s the best kind of exercise one that doesn''t feel like you are doing anything other than enjoying yourself.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy, I 100% agree! I am a lazy girl at heart!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Campers...........This has to be short and my apologies up front as I had like 10,000 emails from the HLT, but I just haven't had a chance to read them. As you all know, I was in Dallas from Wednesday through last night attending corporate training. It was VERY loooong and intense for sure. They had us locked in a training room from 8 AM till 8 PM. After dinner, etc., it was all I could do to try to relax and get some sleep. I don't sleep well in hotel rooms, so I was a walking zombie for most of the trip. The training was good, but they kept piling on more and more information, it was TMI and information overload. They fed us nothing very healthy that's for sure. But, I did my absolute best to avoid the bad things and eat the good ones. I managed to skip all the cookes, brownies, ice cream bars, candy and fried foods. If they had sandwiches at lunch, I took the sandwich meat, and toppings and made my own little salad. Still, I managed to gain a couple pounds, which was not a good thing. I didn't get home until after 10 PM last night, and Charlie picked me up and we went immediately for Sushi. WOO HOO. I was so hungry for some good sushi. Today was a nice relatively normal Sunday. Charlie didn't have to work until 3 PM, so we got up and had breakfast on the terrace, read the paper and just lounged around for a while. We had lunch at Panera and then a cup of coffee under the oak. I wasn't able to work out while I was gone, not that I would have in the hotel gym, if you could call it one. They had an elliptical, a treadmill and some dumbells. That was it. Not too impressive for a large Embassy Suites. I did walk as often as I could, but was so glad to be back home and able to have a really looong and productive workout this afternoon. It seems my 5 days off from the gym didn't hurt me any. If anything, it likely allowed my muscles to heal and I was able to pick up right where I left off. Charlie's at work right now, so I just had a salad for dinner and couple squares of dark chocolate for dessert.

I'll get back on track with everyone's posts in the new week's thread. Again, sorry for not being to say hey to everyone individually. I hope you all had a good week and a really good weekend.

I did miss all of you.................

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you are back. I am sure your muscles enjoyed a rest for a few days but I know you felt great getting back to the gym today. They really piled it on for your training with 12 hour days. There is only so much a person can take in at one time. Glad to you had a typical Sunday. No worries on a few pounds I know you'll lose them in no time.

ETA: Tacori - I think we all are that way sometimes - somedays more so than others.
11.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sure hate to see the weekend coming to an end.

14.gif
I am stuffed from soup and cornbread; but it was yummy.
3.gif
We haven’t had homemade soup since April sometime so we both enjoyed it.

I sure got a lot done today.I had to put together magazine subscriptions for my astronomy club and renew our Sam’s membership so I filled out that paperwork and went and mailed them.I did 6 batches of laundry, made breakfast and supper (it seems like making things from scratch meant I was cooking or doing dishes all day), got my stuff organized for class tomorrow evening, graded papers online and made my astronomy club newsletter.It’s not even 9 pm yet and I feel like it’s 2 am.

I was so lazy today (

9.gif
Tacori) I not only didn’t put on makeup but I never put on a single piece of jewelry.
6.gif
I can’t believe that.I did steam clean most of my favorite pieces last night though so they will be nice and squeaky clean for tomorrow.
36.gif

Have a great Monday.
35.gif
Those of you who have the day off – enjoy it for me.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results