shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat Food - Another Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I trust so many opinions on PS - especially regarding cats and their wellness. We have so many experts on here - and because I only want the best for my kitty, I need help selecting a new food for her.

I want Cleo on a good diet - no fillers or by products - I won''t buy it. I currently feed her Innova Evo, but I can tell she''s really hating her food. She rarely eats it. She loves wet food, and if I could feed her this everyday, I would - but DH hates the smell of it, so he likes to give it to her as a "treat"...which is pointless in my opinion, but she does go bonkers over wet food - which we give her once every couple of weeks as a reward. But she''s putting her nose up at Evo - and to be honest, I don''t think she was ever crazy about the food.

So, my question is: Can any of you recommend a tasty alternative to Innova Evo - she seems to do so well on the high protein diet in Evo - the vet says she beautiful and healthy - is there another high protein option out there?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am not an innova fan or evo. Wellness is my product of choice.

movie zombie

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I hear that from many about Innova and Evo. I like the idea of the food as it is the closest option to a raw diet, but remaining a dry food.

I''ve also heard great things about Wellness. I think it could be a great option for Cleo - I need to research Wellness a bit though...

Thanks movie zombie!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cleopatra! I think I may have posted on an older thread of yours.. but Ive also stumbled upon a new brand of organic dry food that I can share. I have bought Evo for my cats every now and then and I know its more brittle and doesnt have as strong a smell as the Wellness dry food does. I assume that the aroma would be more enticing for your little baby and I''d hope that adds to the flavor somewhat (otherwise I dont know why it smells so fishy
3.gif
) But I just bought two bags (two because they''re substantially smaller) and one pack of wet food for my elderly cat of this new brand the organic pet store started carrying called Before Grain (B.C. on the bag)

http://www.beforegrain.com/

You can find or store or buy it online here. The cats on the dry food love it (the two younger cats) It seems more saturated then the Evo dry food, and again has a stronger aroma of the meat its made from. I hope this helps! Good luck with your little picky eater
41.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Sailor!! I''m on the website right now reading up about Before Grain - it seems like a great cat food! I also notice that PetFoodDirect.com sells it also! And Cleo looooooves tuna flavor - and I see that the food is offered in Tuna - ha (You don''t have to say it, I know I''m obsessed with my kitty)....lol

Thanks for the new suggestion!!!

It''s much appreciated!!!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Cleo, my two kitties eat about 1/2 cup of Wellness Core (mostly protein) in addition to a large can of Wellness wet cat food (together). They seem to like the Wellness Core and have done well on it.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Cleo, my little guy recently started turning up his nose at Evo, too. I mix it with Wellness Indoor Health, and he literally started picking the Wellness morsels out and eating them, and shoving the Evo into a pile at the side of his dish. Since I pre-mixed them (before he decided to be a picky brat), he''s stuck with the Evo for awhile longer. I doubled the amount of Wellness in the mix and he''s eating better now, but I think I''m going to transition him into the Wellness Core blended with the Indoor formula -- although I''ll test it out to see if he likes it before I mix them this time!

He also gets 1/2 of a large can of wet Wellness each day, which he DEMANDS. LOUDLY. So I think that, for whatever reason, he really just likes that brand of food. Cats are funny creatures, aren''t they?
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
while Wellness dry food is the best out there, Wellness wet food is my preference for my cats.

movie zombie

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I feed Boo a mix of dry foods: EVO, Innova, Wellness and Wellness CORE, and I''ve added some Before Grain into the mix recently, too. Another one I''ve also added recently is Orijen (check it out), and I get it all from Pet Food Direct.

I am also feeding Boo more wet food (EVO 95% canned and some Merrick and Wellness canned). I am researching Feline''s Pride (a raw diet) and may move Boo towards that sometime in the future.

If you do a search, you can find lots of nutritional cat threads around here. You could probably find most all of them pretty easily by just clicking on all my posts!!! I always have a question or 2 cents to add!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results