shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s Say You Had A 4 ct., I SI2 RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Kelli and SanDiegoLady...you two are certainly not alone in loving the solitaire!

Y''all, if I set my diamond with tapered baguettes, is that considered a solitaire setting? LOL I do like this classic style and could very easily put all different types of bands with it, including a big phat eternity band!
30.gif

withbaguettes.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved a round w/ side bags. It''s a very conservative look, IMO, so a big change from where you are now.

How about a halo w/ split shank. This is a 4ct stone. I am doing my own (smaller) stone like this.

four carat top (resize.jpg

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i really like it as a solitaire, too!! maybe you could just do a simple pave or something so it''s still sparkly but not too much!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for pave all over the gallery, basket, and shank, but letting that 4 ct. diamond shine on it's "own".

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 2:32:35 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I vote for pave all over the gallery, basket, and shank, but letting that 4 ct. diamond shine on it''s ''own''.

WHAT SHE SAID! And you can pair the pave with blingy bands too!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 2:32:35 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I vote for pave all over the gallery, basket, and shank, but letting that 4 ct. diamond shine on it''s ''own''.

Me too. And if not, then solitaire with pears. I do love it as a solitaire though-what a beauty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the idea of the split shanks...would showcase the stone with a bit of detail on the side.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 1:45:07 PM
Author: luvstheflash
Kelli and SanDiegoLady...you two are certainly not alone in loving the solitaire!

Y''all, if I set my diamond with tapered baguettes, is that considered a solitaire setting? LOL I do like this classic style and could very easily put all different types of bands with it, including a big phat eternity band!
30.gif

I don''t think the baguettes are going to give you the flash your after. They not a very sparkly cut. I vote for pave all over the shank, basket, prongs and then you can sdtill pair it with some blingy bands!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
luvstheflash,

Girl, you''re a blingy-loving Texan. Version 1 just went a little TOO far IMO. A halo increases the bling factor, a firm-edged halo increases the finger coverage, side stones add structure... but side stones that are halo''ed alongside a hard-edged halo''ed 4 carat main stone? C''mon, nothing could handle that! No wonder the center stone got lost-- and when your center is 4 carats, that''s just a crying shame!

With a 4-carat rock and a love of things bling, this outside perspective thinks the logical direction to look is if you went in a more classic direction, BUT THEN added the twist of great additional bling. Instead of a facing-up halo, I think that beauty of yours would need to be caressed by a curving, sexy setting with bling that highlights the curves, artistry, and size of the stone. By looking at the words you used to describe what you were looking for in a ring initially, have you thought of making a version similar to this, but perhaps with 2 to 3 pointers in the setting (so they''re large enough to cut to ideal proportions for the "flash-comes-from-great-cut-not-bulk" phenomenon?

Another Leon, shown around a green

What do you think?

f-d-l

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
The other settings I listed weren''t on the Saturn website. I will attach. I also saw another that would look great with your diamond, even though it is shown with a square stone. Here it is:

SaturnJewels_AD487.jpg

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Beacon and AprilBaby, the split shank is on the list of possibilities at this point....thanks!

Vita, I think solitaire with pears or tapered baguettes is as close as my diamond will get to flying solo! I just think she needs friends. LOL

Lauren, Kelli and Bee...I talked with my jeweler today and he said he has some micropave settings he''d like me to look at. Hopefully, I will see them this week!

Thanks luvmyhalo....I do like the classic look of the baguettes, but you''re right, they aren''t very flashy. I''ll be looking at some micropave settings this week.

Thanks for that link f-d-l; that is a beautiful setting....certainly worth considering!

Thank you for all the ideas NEU! You''ve got great taste; they''re all beautiful and I think I like third one the best!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
My humble suggestion- Beacon is on the right track- emphasize roundness in the final design.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 2:12:10 PM
Author: Beacon
I have always loved a round w/ side bags. It''s a very conservative look, IMO, so a big change from where you are now.

How about a halo w/ split shank. This is a 4ct stone. I am doing my own (smaller) stone like this.
I LOVE this look! What does that ring look like from the side?

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:22:09 AM
Author: luvstheflash
Thanks again everyone...this is really helping! It's so hard when you love so many different styles!

LuckyTexan.....you're ring is just yummy!!! Somebody needs to get on the ball and get that ring on your finger!!!
31.gif

Thanks NEU...I spent a little time at that website and those settings are lovely.

Thanks bebe and good luck with your setting....I hope you get it right the first time! I am just not scared of going overboard; I love a lot bling and lots of detail. Obviously though, the vision doesn't always transfer to the finished product! I too love Angie Harmons' set and am leaning toward a 3-stone...pears or maybe even classic tapered baguettes. I could handle a big flashy eternity band with it! LOL
31.gif

Thanks ilovcarats..that setting is gorgeous.

Thanks Beacon...I like the idea of my ring too, but you're right; it's just too hard. I'll talk to the jeweler to see if there is anything they can do. I also love the halo, but I'm a bit weary of one for my ering now!

Charmcity...I wish I drooled over it as a solitaire. I've just never been a minimalist!

Geckodani...I do like the split shanks and am keeping that on the maybe list!

Beau13....I appreciate 'less is more', but really like 'overkill'!
31.gif
Different strokes for different folks and all that....
1.gif

Girlrocks, your 3-stone vote is definitely an option!

Thanks Phoenix...yep, I'm scared of the halo now and I've got a beautiful sapphire with a halo, so it's not a must for me anymore. I like that Tacori setting, but I'm thinking more simple now....I do like the 3-stone with pears and also with tapered baguettes. I think I need to sleep on it a few more days. Have fun with your upgrade...I'll be anxious to see what you end up with too!
36.gif

Thanks Vespergirl...Leon's work is beautiful and that style is surely in the running! I'm a little scared of all the pave right now too though; I'm afraid the white of the pave really sets off the color in my stone. **sigh**
Thanks! I happen to agree! With both statements! LOL!

Back to your ring... I LOVE that micro halo split shank that Beacon posted... I know you said no halo... but that halo is so small, that it actually pushes the center stone up to your focus, instead of taking away from it!

I vote for that one!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is a side shot of that ring w/ halo.

four carat side crop resize.jpg

togal

Shiny_Rock
This is one of my all time favorite rings. I think it demands a large centre stone. It combines the best of both worlds and really showcases the main stone, yet provides a lot of blingy finger coverage. I think this would be perfect with your size stone and the fact that you love lots of flash, while remaining relatively simple and elegant at the same time

Cavelti ring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results