shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of E.L.F. makeup??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I was reading a post about makeup and a fellow PSer recommended ELF makeup. I''ve never heard of this brand, so I looked on their website and was amazed by what I saw!!
4.gif
All makeup is $1 and the reviews regarding the products are great, for the most part. I know this makeup isn''t as good as MAC or Sephora, but for the price, can you beat this great deal???

Has anyone tried these products? How are they? Are they a steal at $1, or should we save our $1??

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
E.L.F
Eyes-lips-face. i hear only good things about it! let me know!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of it.

Could be decent, a lot of the price paid for high end stuff can be packaging and advertising, so they could easily save that way.

Otherwise, a lot of high end companies have costly or rare ingredients in skin care typically and so if they only do color it also might be less expensive to produce.

I will check it out!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
After Cleo''s suggestion in my make-up thread I purchased a few items from ELF right away because they are so budget-friendly. I figured for $8 plus shipping it couldn''t hurt! My shipping was about $6 total so keep that in mind as you''re adding the $1 items. I am not well-versed in make-up prices, but I am pretty sure that even with the shipping costs you''ll come out far below most other brands.

I will add my review when I receive them and have a chance to play around.
9.gif

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I was turned on to e.l.f by a friend of mine. I ordered, and showed my co-worker their site and she ordered too. We are all satisfied customers. Now- I didn''t order any foundation or mineral products. It took so long to find the foundation I love so I stick with that. I did order eye liners, eye shadow, make-up remover pads, brushes and nailpolish. NO compalints on any of it. It''s not my primary product, but I wear eyeliner ever day, and I like to keep an extra one and some lip stuff in my desk, in my carry make-up bag and one in the car (not in summer- learned that the hard way-haha) just in case. I find the e.l.f stuff perfect for that.

It''s $1. I figured I''d try it, and I wasn''t disappointed. Let me know if there''s more questions. They send out email specials and make-up ideas a lot too.

FYI- my co-worker did get one of the foundation products and she liked it. She had no complaints on anything either!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 3:23:39 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
After Cleo''s suggestion in my make-up thread I purchased a few items from ELF right away because they are so budget-friendly. I figured for $8 plus shipping it couldn''t hurt! My shipping was about $6 total so keep that in mind as you''re adding the $1 items. I am not well-versed in make-up prices, but I am pretty sure that even with the shipping costs you''ll come out far below most other brands.

9.gif
Wishful.. it was a little crowded in your other thread but i wanted to tell you that you should really look into the Bare Minerals starter kit. i have rosacea and i swear to god i am obsessed with this foundation. it makes my skin look like i am airbrushed.

also.. if you are confused about application you could always go to the estee lauder counter or something and have your "colors" done.. they can be very helpful... i am sure someone already mentioned this but just wanted to give you my .02!
good luck

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I ordered some items about 3 months ago (I think when the $1 sale started?). So after 3 months my analysis is:

1. The brushes were totally worth $1 each--who can beat that? I actually really like them.
2. Boo to the tinted moisturizer--it''s orange and I''m happy to pay 30x as much for Laura Mercier.
3. The eye shadow is suprisingly good. Certainly not as good as great-quality shadow, but it doesn''t smudge and is long-lasting, so I like it.
4. The eye liner on the other hand? Not smooth at all, I''m surprised people don''t damage their eyes trying to apply it.
5. I tried the mascara for 2 days--you know that kind that sort of peels off? It reminded me of that, but I don''t think it''s supposed to peel off. I stick with my Diorshow mascara
6. Blush is good.
7. I got this pan-stick type thing that I figured I''d use as blush. It''s a bit thick, but I still occasionally use it.

I''ve read good reviews of their lip gloss, but didn''t get any.

Anyway, 3 months later I still use the brushes, the eye shadow, the blush and occasoinally the brown eyeliner as a brow pencil. I only used the tinted moisturizer and mascara 1-2x.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ha, came across the ELF in this baby magazine.
Apparently, it is one of the must haves for mommies.
I heard great things about it, but haven''t tried it myself....since I hardly wear makeup.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 3:49:47 PM
Author: lili
Ha, came across the ELF in this baby magazine.

Apparently, it is one of the must haves for mommies.

I heard great things about it, but haven''t tried it myself....since I hardly wear makeup.

I saw the same thing
2.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 3:30:21 PM
Author: cbs102

9.gif
Wishful.. it was a little crowded in your other thread but i wanted to tell you that you should really look into the Bare Minerals starter kit. i have rosacea and i swear to god i am obsessed with this foundation. it makes my skin look like i am airbrushed.

also.. if you are confused about application you could always go to the estee lauder counter or something and have your ''colors'' done.. they can be very helpful... i am sure someone already mentioned this but just wanted to give you my .02!

good luck
Thanks for the recommendation, cbs! I fully intend to give Bare Minerals a shot when my funds are a little higher. I started with ELF for the $$ factor. The life of the college student.
20.gif
I have heard rave reviews about Bare Minerals, though.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I love the lip tints and the eye shadows....hate the eye liner...love the brushes/applicators, etc...don''t use foundation so haven''t tried that...hated the mascara...love the eye makeup remover pads and shine fixers...
Can''t beat it for $1...just don''t get the eye liners or mascara...you''ll be annoyed. lol

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 3:57:29 PM

9.gif

also.. if you are confused about application you could always go to the estee lauder counter or something and have your ''colors'' done.. they can be very helpful... i am sure someone already mentioned this but just wanted to give you my .02!

good luck
Thanks for the recommendation, cbs! I fully intend to give Bare Minerals a shot when my funds are a little higher. I started with ELF for the $$ factor. The life of the college student.
20.gif
the starter kit is around 50.. but you get two foundations.. three brushes, mineral veil and bronzer./ its a little bit of an investment but worth it!

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 4:10:43 PM

Date: 8/28/2008 3:57:29 PM

9.gif

good luck
20.gif
the starter kit is around 50.. but you get two foundations.. three brushes, mineral veil and bronzer./ its a little bit of an investment but worth it!
Please don''t think I''m stalking you with this whole makeup thing but this reminded me of something else I wanted to say.....

The kit is a great deal (considering everything you get...makeup is so darn expensive).... the bronzer (which they call "Warmth" will last forever)... seriously with most of their stuff a little goes a long way (especially if you like a natural look). It''s probably the most economically friendly makeup I''ve tried in a long time because of it''s simplicity. You can also use the "warmth" in place of eyeshadow.

I love the stuff. I''ve always been a makeup kind of girl and I''ve tried all sorts of makeup... Clinique, Estee Lauder, Prescriptives (which is great but expensive), etc. and this is by far my favorite because it''s so easy and works so good for my oily skin. My sister (who is a very very anti makeup person who only started wearing it a few years ago when she graduated from law school and had too look more professional) also loves it since it''s so easy and light.

I always think foundation is the most important... it''s the one thing I never scrimp on... but blush, eyeshadow... things like that I like to go get my colors done at the expensive places and buy a cheaper version of the color at the drug store.
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
as a person who NEVER learned how to put on makeup, i LOVE bare minarels as well! so i am going to have to go with buying the starter kit!! i love that i can just throw on the "foundation" and i finally dont look like i've never seen the light of day. plus it hides blemishes SUPER well

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is funny...I did a search to find a store and it pulled up all of these "Big Lots." Who would think to go there for make-up?!?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to Big Lots for makeup! It''s great for discontinued colors/lines.

I heard the eyelash curler is good, and the 4pans are nice.

am04

Shiny_Rock
I really like the ELF nail polish and eye makeup removers...they''re perfect for travel!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would try the lip products.

I can often tell a lot about the overall products by the lip stuff!

Good to know about the eyeliners, I hate when they drag and feel like they are tugging my skin.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m gonna try this makeup, why not, right?? I think I am going to try some eye shadow, lip gloss (can NEVER have too much), nail polish, and bronzer. I''m sure I''ll throw in some other products too. This stuff would make great little gifts around the holiday season too!

I''ll give updates about the products!
1.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I bought a few selections about 4 months ago. Hated the makeup. The eyelash curler was the worst. Some of the brushes were ok, but the mascara brush
on a long handle is one I use everyday. I use it to separate lashes before mascara. Glad I bought 4 of them! But that is the onoly thing I liked!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
We have a ELF store close by. very close. I gotta check it out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results