shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding smut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
so i know we all have our wedding smut (tv, mags, ect).
Whats your favorite obbession to look at?

for me, though i havent BOUGHT a wedding mag yet, i totally want to dive into the Martha Stewart one. oh, and i just spent a good half hour at the tacori website picking out some rings i would like. i loooovee their baskets.

*sigh*

so what all do you like/love/addicted to ?

2501RD7_alt.jpg

AprilD

Shiny_Rock
RINGS FORSURE! I agree with you on the Tacori site... addictive as well.

I havent bought any bridal magazines yet for fear of becoming more into it than I already am.

There are some bridal shows that I do enjoy watching.. mostly the Bridezillas because I think its so funny!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Love this! You are too funny....

Let''s see:

1. Theknot.com, just browsing through pics, etc.
2. TV shows "Say Yes to the Dress" and "Whose Wedding is it Anyway"
3. the BWW forum! hehe

I cannot bring myself to buy a mag, but if I am alone, I will occasionally leaf through them while browsing at Target or something...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Real Simple Weddings mag and website
36.gif

Also, before I got engaged I would contact every single venue I could think of and ask for packages. I have a folder with at least 50 venue throughout Miami and Broward
emembarrassed.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love ''Say Yes to the Dress'' and ''Whose Wedding''. I have every wedding mag from the last 2 seasons. And I obsessively update my wedding spreadsheet with ideas, prices, budget, guest lists, etc.

The best part is that FF supports my ridiculous obsession! Hahaha! There used to be a lot of eye-rolling, but he throws in opinions now as I cut and paste.
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
these are great! i would be grounded by E if i started a wedding planning book :)

but hey, we all have our various types of smut!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
uh, . . . pricescope
20.gif

Like lee, I just recently found myself going to BWW. I can''t bring myself to post there yet, though. I just can''t help myself from visiting, though. I am eloping (when engaged), so I am living vicariously through PSers fabulous weddings.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness...I''m horrible.

Any wedding show. Seriously. ESPECIALLY "Married Away"
The Knot
Wedding mags...every now and then I''ll go into Borders or Barnes and Noble and grab a bunch and a chair and just browse. It''s really fun to do with my mom and/or best friend!
BWW

I really don''t want a big wedding, so I love seeing them/going to them. I want me, BF, and 10-15 people on a beach.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I love wedding shows! Say Yes to The Dress; Rich Bride, Poor Bride; Wedding SOS; etc.

Weddingbee.com is fun as far as websites go... another website I frequent also has a wedding board so I lurk there from time to time as well.

I haven''t bought any mags yet but I totally browse whenever I am at the bookstore. I don''t know how SO would take it if I actually bought one and left it around the house, though. I figure I''ll save that for when it''s official.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
fun!!
1. i LOVE browsing the tacori engagement ring collection as well!!! for me, it''s between the 2620, 2626, and HT2510... sick that i don''t even have to look that up?
2. i also love looking at flower arrangements online -- usually at the better homes and gardens website, because i really want a garden wedding!
3. do it yourself invitation ideas
4. loose diamond prices
5. and last but not least... i do frequently stand in the magazine aisles at target or borders or where ever and read bridal mags... well, not really "read," mostly i just look at the pictures..
28.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding mags for sure!! I''ve got a HUGE stack and I''m not even engaged yet
9.gif

But since they''re usually about $10 each, I only buy them at resale shops or Half Price Books for like $1. Who doesn''t love a great bargain?!

I''ve accumulated so many, and surprisingly they''re newer mags too (most within the past year)
...so when he finally DOES ask, I''m prepared!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, I love that you asked that question. My addictions are:

1. Platinum Weddings
2. Who''s Wedding is it Anyway
3. Wedding SOS

I am not as much a fan as Bridezillas, but surprisingly my FF is. He thinks it hilarious, but mostly, it just makes me angry how stupid some of those girls are...

I haven''t allowed myself to buy a wedding magazine yet or go to the highly addictive the knot yet, b/c I know my very tolerant bf would probably freak out if I went that far. But, he is a good sport with all the other wedding ****, so I am cool with that. I have been checking out the website for Filene''s Basement though, b/c I REALLY want to do the Running of the Brides. It looks like so much fun.

Speaking of that, have you all started looking at dresses/designers yet?
12.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Btw, fieryred33143, we will definitely have to chat when my FF pops the questions because I will be planning a So Fla wedding from DC, so I will need all the help I can get!
6.gif

Thanks

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 9:45:31 AM
Author: dcgator

Speaking of that, have you all started looking at dresses/designers yet?
12.gif
I have a list of 40...and where to find them locally.
12.gif
Lordy help me! Ha!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i have *yet* to look offically at dresses, expect when my bestf took me out the day she found out that E and i were taling about marriage :)

AprilD

Shiny_Rock
Newbie here.... Whats BWW? You all keep talking about it :)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 12:13:27 PM
Author: AprilD
Newbie here.... Whats BWW? You all keep talking about it :)

It is the Bride World Wide forum here. Don''t look unless you are ready to be addicted
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
NO kidding. i just spent 45 minutes on theknot looking at wedding favors.

seriously.

wedding FAVORS??

*sigh* maybe i need to hit up AA with the people addicted to smut

or

look at tacori
27.gif

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!!! I''m new here, we''ll not so new. I''ve been reading PS for a while now, but my bf and I recently started ring shopping so I think that''s a clear green light on joining you all!! So, basically this place is my wedding smut. And Martha Stewart Wedding website, of course!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 7:24:33 PM
Author: sugarjo
Hello all!!! I''m new here, we''ll not so new. I''ve been reading PS for a while now, but my bf and I recently started ring shopping so I think that''s a clear green light on joining you all!! So, basically this place is my wedding smut. And Martha Stewart Wedding website, of course!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
oh god. there is a website? okay, now its time to put up the parental controls on the internet
32.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
PS PS PS
I post once in a while on the BWW forum but mostly just in response to people''s dress threads.

After Pricescope I find myself browsing high end wedding dresses a lot that are probably 6x what I will actually be willing to spend on my own dress. I am totally into Monique Lhuillier and Pronovias! I think that out of everything that goes into the wedding planning process I will be most excited about choosing a dress.

I used to be really into Whose Wedding is it Anyway but I''ve discovered something totally sickening since I''ve gotten DVR- I HAVE SEEN EVERY Whose Wedding is it Anyway THEY''VE MADE!! A lot of them I have seen twice. As a result of this realization I have cut myself off of the ''wedding ****.''

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been married for a year and a half and I still buy Martha Stewart Weddings.

That, and I love Married Away.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
Platinum Weddings in HD (even my BF will watch it with me)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Martha Stewart Weddings. I finally caved and bought one this week, with the excuse that my best friend just asked me to be her maid of honor, and I need to help her plan.

bettina

Rough_Rock
Every magazine they offer. Every time I go to the grocery store I pick up a new one. I read them over, and over, and over....
And PS. I check this more than my email.

VMal

Rough_Rock
Oh I just love this site!

Ok so definitely dive into Martha''s mags.... they are Fab!! I''ve read & re-read mine soooo many times!

Also, I browse diff websites for dresses.
Though I won''t dare go into a store just yet, I''ll be all over it soon as that ring is on my finger!!

And finally.... Bridezilla!!!

Oh-- and PS-- my famliy is all about picking out place lately.... restaurants, veneus & country clubs galore.
It''s as though they know something....
37.gif
fingers crossed! lol...

Thanks for the smiles
1.gif

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
For me....it''s

1. Pricescope...(I lurked for a month before I actually joined) My FF laughs at how much I''m on here really!!
2. Real Simple FL Wedding issue (and their website)
3 TheKnot.com (esp their beach wedding section- that is my DREAM wedding!!)
4. Platinum Weddings and Bridezillas just to amaze myself at how crazy ppl can be.

This is fun!! Thanks ladies!!

edotf104

Rough_Rock
Hmmm... I guess admitting the addiction is the first step to recovery, huh?

yeahhh-- not in this case!

1) PS is definitely my number one source for wedding smut. I loooove this forum.
1.5) James Allen.com-- I''m obsessed with the loose diamond search over there. The pictures of the stones are awwwwesome.
2) The Knot-- I can spend hours in the "real weddings section" (trying to get ideas)
3) Whose Wedding is it Anyway... would it be terrible to admit I''m holding out for the dvds?

[COLOR=dark red]Bonus:[/COLOR] Just picked up Maryland Brides (only the second mag I''ve ever gotten-- which is probably not good considering I''m not even engaged yet!)... but holy crap it''s amazing-- all the best venues in the state and some good ones in DC. Heavenly.

phew... I think that''s all-- but who am I kidding?

26.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
I cant get off of MaggieSottero.com... I look at bouquets alot.... And this site is my biggest addiction so far! Can''t say out of the Eyecandy thread
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I am so addicted to wedding smut, especially PS. I have the disease! I have been very tempted to buy a wedding magazine, as I have yet to take the plunge. I was looking over one the other day at the my hairstylists and they had pages upon pages of engagment rings - why would the advertise for engagement rings in a wedding magazine... they have tapped in to our obsession! At least it gives me an excuse to buy one
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results