shape
carat
color
clarity

Well I did it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I added myself back to the list. Maybe I am just a hopeless dreamer but we will see I suppose. My decision to add was based on how long I''ve actually known my SO (we''ll call him C) and that we are about to take a big step in our relationship by moving across the country to Washington D.C. in November together. My parents are ok with all of it and so are his (us moving, not me adding myself to the list haha, i am funny), so all that is left is to just enjoy the ride. Here''s some background about the two of us.

We met in high school. Although I really didn''t get to know him until I was a senior, he apparently knew who I was because he had a crush on me and just didn''t know how to talk to me. We finally were in the same musical together in the fall of my senior year and then speech together during the winter and then a straight play together in the spring before I graduated. We had been in speech together for 3 years but I just hadn''t noticed him because I am a big dummy lol. So I went to college in town and I went to see him in the musical he was in his senior year, etc. etc. Then the year after that he went to school in town as well but we had kind of drifted apart at that time. I guess he had seen me cheerleading when our two colleges played against each other my junior year of college but didn''t want to say anything because he was worried I might have turned into a typical cheerleader
20.gif
We also occasionally ran into each other at the grocery store and what not, but not very often as he spent a good part his college career studying archeology abroad in Sicily and Italy, and Greece.
Anyways (wow this is long, I''m sorry if you''re still reading this!!!)
Anyways...lol....I was on facebook a couple months ago and *ironically* one his ex girlfriends who was also in a play we were in together left a comment about how fun this party we had all been to was and I added a comment after that that said something along the lines of yeah that was really fun, we should do it again! So then C and I started talking back and forth and catching up and I found out he was still in town. I was pretty apprehensive because I had just gotten out of a 3 year relationship but he ended up charming the pants off me (not literally, i am a lady afterall!) so we started seeing each other and it''s been 4 months now and it''s been moving fast but in a good way. I know...if I was on here 8 months ago and read that someone who had only been dating for a short time wanted to be on the list I probably would have had a temper tantrum but now I understand the other side of the spectrum when you see people just get married. I''m not planning on that anytime soon but our relationship is so good and so solid and we communicate so well. The only bad part is that we are both stubborn but we work ourselves around that. Anyways, I guess I will stop babbling now.

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
Im really glad to hear that things are going so good for you!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Eh, I was here pretty early too! SO dropped the e-ring word after... about a month? We both knew where things were going early on. Glad you''re back to stay!

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
What a great story, sounds like you two are made for each other! I think that as cliche as it sounds, when it''s right, it''s right. My BF and I met last June and I knew almost immediately that he was it for me. We moved in together at 6 months and people thought we were insane, but we just knew. It''s been smooth sailing since. Congratulations on finding someone that makes you feel so secure
1.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for Smurfy! I''m glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Really only you guys know how your relationship''s going if it makes sense. Everyone else here is just the "outside party" giving you a 3rd person view if you need it. GOOD LUCK! I''m glad you''re doing so well.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hooraay for coming back to the list, and i love your story :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yay Smurfy''s back!! I totally understand the quickness thing. FF said the M-word after 4 months. Enjoy DC!
1.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very happy for you Smurfy! It is so true that when you know it''s right, you just know. My DH & I just got married after 6 months together and we couldn''t be happier! When we told my family they said, "What took yall so long? You guys are made for each other"

Wishing you all the happiness you can stand and then some...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Different feeling when it''s the right one isn''t it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurf...sometimes you just know! FF and I started talking about it a month after we were together, and then about a month after that, it was kind of a given that we''d get married eventually. Of course, life threatening surgery may have put everything in a different perspective...

I''m glad you put yourself back on the list!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see you back on the list! That is exciting!

edotf104

Rough_Rock
Hooray for being back on the list!

And yay for more D.C. area LIWs (I live just outside of the city, in Maryland). I''m glad everything is going so well for you and your SO!

I did the opposite of your move a couple years ago after college... bf is originally from Northern CA-- so we lived there for a while-- but when he realized law school (and politics) were calling him, we packed it all up and came back to this coast.

I hope your move goes extremely well! Are you taking the drive cross country?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Smurfy, I am so happy to hear that all is working out for you. Isn''t it awesome to be in a relationship that isn''t one sided. The new BF sounds wonderful! Congrats!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we are driving cross country! im so excited, i cant wait to get out of this town!!!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Smurfy!

Good for you getting back out there and back on the list! Sounds like he''s a reat guy and even though you haven''t dated long you have a good history! I''d take DC over the midwest any day I''m kinda jealous
28.gif

edotf104

Rough_Rock
It''s going to be an awesome drive! (I''m surprised I can still say that after having done it about 3 times, back and forth)... Anyhoo-- just be sure to have a camera handy in the car, cuz all the pics you''ll get of the very weird things you''ll see are going to be claaaasic. My personal favorite is hot cows that avoid the sun by parking it behind large billboards in the corners of their fields. Who knew cows were so resourceful? haha.

roadtrips are awesome... and you definitely get closer after being in a car together for hours on end!

1.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
congrats! like i say to my friends..."when you know...you just know!" wouldn''t you agree?

my bf and i started talking marriage at around 6 months and i''ve been on PS since about 8 months.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results