shape
carat
color
clarity

is stealing ok to get ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smooleys

Rough_Rock
So, I have a pretty good idea of her size, but want to make sure as best I can. I know she has a fake engagement ring she bought online. Would it be ok if I "borrowed" it and hopefully she wouldn''t find out? I figure that when I go to the jeweler to select my stone, I can show them the ring and determine the size that way.

Does anybody have a better idea?

Thanks!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i think that''s a really good idea. i would take one that you know fits her but that she doesn''t wear all the time, so maybe she won''t notice that it''s missing. good luck!!

NuiX

Rough_Rock
I would definitely make sure that her existing ring, because she bought it online, actually fits her properly before you use it as a template for the real deal. If she''s not a jewelry wearer she may have guessed her size. I know that when I bought costume jewelry I wasn''t nearly as picky about way the ring fit as I was when I moved on to the real stuff. If you know it''s a good fit and you think she''ll notice it''s gone, you can always measure the inner circumference of the ring and take that to the jeweler. It''s not as good a solution as taking the whole ring, but you run a much lower risk of getting caught! But whatever you do, make sure that the setting is able to be sized afterwards if it needs to be adjusted slightly!

Good luck!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results